Recent Bloodwork. NO MORE LOW TEST!

clr18287

Awards
Well it's been about a year since I've posted here with LowT issues and a lot of stressful bull****. Eating like a horse and lifting heavy/ resting A LOT has given me a much improved blood profile. I wanted to run it by you guys and hear some opinions on optimizing it...I never thought I'd be making this post. Having test at 59ng/dl at my lowest.. never used AAS. Ate like a bird and worked out like a gladiator.. retarded, will never do that again (HIIT 7x week and lifting 5x week)

Current Stats:

167lbs
5'10
24 years old
12% BF

CBC w/Diff:

WBC .....................................5.6 x10E3/uL (4.0-10.5)
RBC ......................................5.31 x10E6/uL (4.10-5.60)
Hemoglobin ............................16.3
Hematocrit .............................48.2
MCV ......................................91
MCH ......................................30.7
MCHC .....................................33.8
RDW...................................... 13.6
Platelets..................................192
Neutrophils ..............................65
Lymphs................................... 25
Monocytes............................ ....9
Eos .........................................1
Basos............................ ..........0
Neutrophils (Absolute) ...............3.6
Lymphs (Absolute) ....................1.4
Monocytes (Absolute)................. 0.5
Eos (Absolute) ..........................0.1
Baso (Absolute) ........................0.0
Immature Granulocytes.................0
Immature Grans (Abs) .................0.0

Comp. Metabolic Panel

Glucose, Serum.............. 90 mg/dL (65-99)
BUN ..............................26 mg/dL (5-26)
Creatinine, Serum.............1.17 mg/dL (0.76-1.27)
eGFR............................. >59
BUN/Creatinine Ratio .........22 (8-27)
Sodium, Serum ................138 mmol/L (135-145)
Potassium, Serum .............4.2 mmol/L (3.5-5.2)
Chloride, Serum................ 101 mmol/L (97-108)
Carbon Dioxide, Total ........27 mmol/L (20-32)
Calcium, Serum................. 9.3 mg/dL (8.2-9.2)
Protein, Total, Serum .........7.2 g/dL (6.0-8.5)
Albumin, Serum .................4.6 g/dL (3.5-5.5)
Globulin, Total ..................2.6 g/dL (1.5-4.5)
A/G Ratio........................ 1.8 (1.1-2.5)
Bilirubin, Total ..................0.7 mg/dL (0.0-1.2)
Alkaline Phosphatase, S..... 93 IU/L (25-150)
AST ...............................36 IU/L (0-40)
ALT ...............................37 IU/L (0-40)

FSH+LH

FSH................. 7.7 mIU/mL (1.5-9)
LH................... 6.7 mIU/mL (2.0-9.2)

Testosterone, Free with SHBG, Total, BioAvailable,

Testosterone, Serum.............573 ng/dL (280-800) !!!!!! YES !!!!!
Bioavailable Testosterone, S (Will Follow)
Bioavailable Testosterone, % (Will Follow)
Estradiol..............................28.8 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)

(ALL WILL FOLLOW)

Lipid Panel

Cholesterol, Total......129 (100-199)
Triglycerides...............53 (0-149)
HDL Cholesterol.........56 >39
VLDL.......................11 (5-40)
LDL Cholesterol Calc....62 (0-99)

TestT+DHT

DiHydrotestosterone.....29 ng/dL (30-85)

Thyroid Panels

TSH....................................1.500 uIU/mL (0.450-4.500)
Triiodothyronine (T3)..............88 ng/dL (71-180)
Thyroxine T4,Free(Direct)....... 1.45 ng/dL (0.82-1.77)
Reverse T3...........................Will Follow (TRADITIONALLY VERY HIGH)
Triiodothyronine, Free, Serum...2.6 pg/mL (2.0-4.4)

DHEA................232 ng/dL (31-701) (ON THE LOW SIDE OF NORMAL...WILL HAVE DHEA-S Monday)
Prolactin...........5.3 ng/mL (4.0-15.2)
Cortisol, AM.......17.7 ug/dL (6.2-19.4)
Hemoglobin, A1c..5.4

Vitamin D, 25-OH...........28.9 ng/mL (32.0-100.0) LOW

Aside from the Low Vitamin D, Borderline low DHT, Free T3, everything is a MASSSIVE improvement.maybe these borderline lows explain why I am naturally not as lean as I'd like to be.. around 12-13 percent. Throw me some advice on how to optimize these levels and I will really appreciate it. After all, this is the forum that got me started, interested, and eventually to where I am now. I am really grateful. I am now human.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever used Propecia? Im interested to know why you have low DHT levels. How is your energy, sex drive, mental focus and clarity,ect? Maybe your DHT is low because your DHEA is low but increasing DHEA you would probabbly have higher Estradiol levels aswell.

About Vitamin D, ive read that that test is a scam and what they actually test you for is a chemical form of Vitamin D which will only increase if you take the synthetic vitamin D3 pills. Who knows, i got a lot of sun and tested low and everybody who gets tested that doesnt take a synthetic form of vitamin D seems low so i think it really could be a scam.

clr18287

Awards
drive in all areas is not what it used to be. thats for Fing sure. Never took propecia. energy, focus and clarity is severly lacking and not what it was before. I'm looking forward to JanSz or Matrix's input.

jrvswim

Awards
Holy crap good for you. Can you give more details about what life style changes you made such as food, working out, stress etc?

clr18287

Awards
I changed my diet from about 2300kcals a day to about 3500. I stopped consuming such monstrous amounts of protein, increased carbohydrates, and added several types of good fats. It's not that I wasn't doing this before.. just clearly not in enough quantities. BCAA's Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium I believe played a massive role in this process. Yoga. Can't praise it enough. Realizing that it's not all about how I look and more about how I feel. Now I look better than I ever did. I wish I could sum it all up in a :this is what you need to do: type thing because I'd love to help you all through what you are going through. Just know that it's possible and that you need to stress less over getting better and actually start getting better. Stress will eat you. GLTA.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I changed my diet from about 2300kcals a day to about 3500. I stopped consuming such monstrous amounts of protein, increased carbohydrates, and added several types of good fats. It's not that I wasn't doing this before.. just clearly not in enough quantities. BCAA's Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium I believe played a massive role in this process. Yoga. Can't praise it enough. Realizing that it's not all about how I look and more about how I feel. Now I look better than I ever did. I wish I could sum it all up in a :this is what you need to do: type thing because I'd love to help you all through what you are going through. Just know that it's possible and that you need to stress less over getting better and actually start getting better. Stress will eat you. GLTA.
And people think dietary balance is not important when it most likely is biggest culprit. Also too if you have a cold or flu and go in for testsoterone it will be low. I have had several young guys on TRT because they had a cold or flu at time LOL Some time Dr's are idiots.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
sodium, Serum ................138 mmol/L (135-145)

Chris' info on preparing for the aldosterone renin test
http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15453

Sodium is a real good predictor of low aldosterone and salt wasting. Most sodium ranges are 135-145. I look for 145 as being a good value. If one is in the low 140's or lower, this almost always indicates salt wasting and low aldosterone and as such aldosterone and renin should be tested.

You may want to test:

7*---------*DHEA Sulfate*
8*---------*Aldosterone*
9*---------*Renin Activity, Plasma*
10*---------*ACTH, Plasma*
11*---------*Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)*
12*---------*7AM/12PM/4PM---Cortisol, Free and Total*
13*---------*Progesterone*
14*---------*Pregnenolone*

Or, just assume that you are low in pregnenolone, eat pregnenolone first, test 2-3 months latter. If you like preg cream, I do not care, I do not.

Source Naturals Sublingual Pregnenolone.
Either 10mg or 25mg tablets.
3x/day/ total 50-75mg
==============================================================
Calcium, Serum................. 9.3 mg/dL (8.2-9.2)
Vitamin D, 25-OH...........28.9 ng/mL (32.0-100.0) LOW

Get PTH tested
parathyroid
and
PSA

5 drops/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D ($15.20) http://store.agoodvitamin.com/birebiod1oz.html

===========

clr18287

Awards
Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll have those tests ordered ASAP. In the meantime... I like the idea of pregnenolone topical.. but why not something like dermacrine (dhea) from primordial performance. Or dhea topical like from life-flo. What am I to expect from pregnenolone supplementation? More test? :)

jrvswim

Awards
You are one of the few success stories concerning test. levels I have read.

Is there anyone else out there who had a varicocele, got surgery, and had massive improvements in test. level? I have not found one person on the web who tests levels went back up to the high normal range after surgery.

aronaronaron

Awards
Neither have i mate youd think the docs would of seen a link between varicoceles and low t by now surely it takes the piss mate.

clr18287

Awards
Hey.. varicoceles? Never had one. Sorry if I confused anyone but I don't remember mentioning that.

clr18287

Awards
On another note, updates from the lab arrived today.

Testosterone, serum total - 585 ng/dL separate redundant test
Bioavailable test, 234 ng/dL
Bioavailable % - 40%
SHBG - 35 MMOL/L (20-60)

I'll take it.

Could pregnenolone improve these numbers? Of course the grass is always greener...

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Congrats man, that is really awesome news.

Have you ever tried any herbal test boosters, like Diesel Test Hardcore?

clr18287

Awards
never tried any of them. i do however love ionic zinc. i really believe that played a role in the recovery process. BCAA's all dayyyy too.

bomb402

Awards
I bet if you ate more saturated fat and didn't over train - instead just worked out 3x a week your levels would be off the charts.