Going to endo in the morning. Janz/Matrix Advice?

mavven

Awards
Going to endo in the morning. EDIT: Results are in!

I know I have heard a lot of people say don't go to endos. I am pretty much going to use him to get blood work done, and this is where I need help from guys like Janz and Matix. What blood tests should I ask him to perform.

I wrote down these symptoms and am just going to hand it to him (tired of explaining to regular md's what I am feeling) tomorrow and see what he says.

1. No sex drive (No desire to have sex, difficulty having erection)
2. mood swings (feel extremely irritable)
3. Heart palpitations & sometimes irregular beating.
4. Joint and bone aches.
5. Puffy nipples, puffy chest. (If you look in my profile, you will see blood work from 2 years ago, my estradiol was at 37 I believe)
6. Strange feeling in my neck and throat, almost if there is a lump in my throat.
7. Dizziness (occasionally)
8. Acne (Severe at times)
9. Muscle loss and fat gain (have always been solid and muscular, now feel loose and flabby even when I lift a lot)
10. Extremely oily skin to the point where i have to wash my face 5-6 times a day
11. Headaches (This recently started happening)
12. Have been bruising easily
13. Tremors (shaking)
14. Extreme difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
15. Anxiousness.
16. can't breath well out of my nose and has been progressively been getting worse.
17. My thinking throughout the day is foggy/cloudy

That about sums up what I put on my list for tomorrow.

What blood work should I be trying to get this Dr. to perform?

Thanks in advance for your help I hope you guys respond in the morning because my appointment is at 12:15 noon EST.

Last edited:
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I know I have heard a lot of people say don't go to endos. I am pretty much going to use him to get blood work done, and this is where I need help from guys like Janz and Matix. What blood tests should I ask him to perform.

I wrote down these symptoms and am just going to hand it to him (tired of explaining to regular md's what I am feeling) tomorrow and see what he says.

1. No sex drive (No desire to have sex, difficulty having erection)
2. mood swings (feel extremely irritable)
3. Heart palpitations & sometimes irregular beating.
4. Joint and bone aches.
5. Puffy nipples, puffy chest. (If you look in my profile, you will see blood work from 2 years ago, my estradiol was at 37 I believe)
6. Strange feeling in my neck and throat, almost if there is a lump in my throat.
7. Dizziness (occasionally)
8. Acne (Severe at times)
9. Muscle loss and fat gain (have always been solid and muscular, now feel loose and flabby even when I lift a lot)
10. Extremely oily skin to the point where i have to wash my face 5-6 times a day
11. Headaches (This recently started happening)
12. Have been bruising easily
13. Tremors (shaking)
14. Extreme difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
15. Anxiousness.
16. can't breath well out of my nose and has been progressively been getting worse.
17. My thinking throughout the day is foggy/cloudy

That about sums up what I put on my list for tomorrow.

What blood work should I be trying to get this Dr. to perform?

Thanks in advance for your help I hope you guys respond in the morning because my appointment is at 12:15 noon EST.
Ft3
ft4
rt3
tsh
TPO
TGAB
cortisol am and free
dhea-s
urinary 24 hour dhea
total T
shbg
Bio Test
e2 -sensitive )4021x quest or 3-70 lab corp
progesterone
prolactin
dhT
ferritin
CMP with liver panel
VAP
CBC
b-12/folate
homocysteine
acth
vitamin D 25 oh
CRP sensitive
ceruloplasm

good luck getting these you be lucky to 1/10 of these.

You need a good Dr PM me

mavven

Awards
Ft3
ft4
rt3
tsh
TPO
TGAB
cortisol am and free
dhea-s
urinary 24 hour dhea
total T
shbg
Bio Test
e2 -sensitive )4021x quest or 3-70 lab corp
progesterone
prolactin
dhT
ferritin
CMP with liver panel
VAP
CBC
b-12/folate
homocysteine
acth
vitamin D 25 oh
CRP sensitive
ceruloplasm

good luck getting these you be lucky to 1/10 of these.

You need a good Dr PM me

LOL I just got back from the endo. I printed out the above and brought it with me. I handed him my list first (the one above) and we discussed what was on the list. I then showed him the list you wrote for me matrix, and he said wow this is a ton of blood work. He said I don't think you need all this work. To my surprise he was pretty cool, he said let me test your testosterone and then let me check all the things that have to do with your pituitary gland and thyroid along with a few other important hormones (one in particular he mentioned was prolactin. So he said he would get the results back in a week. As soon as I get the results from him, I will get a copy of what he checked and post it up for opinions....

Thanks again Matrix....

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Good look finding an Endo that will do anything about your low T. Mine won't do crap! Hopefully yours is better and more open minded!

weierstrass

Awards
Good look finding an Endo that will do anything about your low T. Mine won't do crap! Hopefully yours is better and more open minded!
In general, I've found that endos will run a lot of blood work for you, but you better be FAR outside one of the normal ranges for them to even consider prescribing you anything (except for antidepressants and some vitamin D). All they know how to treat is diabetes and basic thyroid problems (although they tend to screw this up as well).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
In general, I've found that endos will run a lot of blood work for you, but you better be FAR outside one of the normal ranges for them to even consider prescribing you anything (except for antidepressants and some vitamin D). All they know how to treat is diabetes and basic thyroid problems (although they tend to screw this up as well).
This is just sample of what we run and all of them are related to hormones as well as well as celluar response as well as Isolating cauise which dr's forget about.

mavven

Awards

Guys I'm in a rush because have to be at work at three, long story short, despite what everyone has said about endos, I may have found a endo that actually WILL TREAT ME. TO MY AMAZEMENT ME HE WAS REALLY COOL ABOUT EVERYTHING! He said my T is deff on the lower end of the spectrum (shocker coming from a endo because it is within range according to normal drs) Like i said I'm in a rush so i will post back later, he pulled blood again today to see if T comes back same next week, then he wants a pituitary mri to make sure nothing wrong with pituitary gland (FSH was very low, have no idea what that means) said if pituitary is fine will check my sperm count (I'm 32 and want to have kids) to see if that is OK, I guess that plays a role when going on trt. He basically said I would normally not treat a healthy 32 year old with 300 levels if there sex drive and moods were fine, but he said because i am coming to him with the symptoms that I posted above then he would not mind getting my levels a bit higher, I asked where he thinks i should be and he said 500'ish would be ok........

Anyway gotta run Janz/matrix others with knowledge please take a look ill be on tonight at 11 est thanks

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
thats awsome to hear mavven! i went to see one today and he said i dont look like i have low test! IM ALREADY ON TRT! i said well u dont look smart but your clothes resemble that of a doctor. i went because im on Androgel and want the shot due to kids n babies along with the $250 for 3 months supply cost. Im glad all went well with that..i just wish i had the same experience though.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thats awsome to hear mavven! i went to see one today and he said i dont look like i have low test! IM ALREADY ON TRT! i said well u dont look smart but your clothes resemble that of a doctor. i went because im on Androgel and want the shot due to kids n babies along with the $250 for 3 months supply cost. Im glad all went well with that..i just wish i had the same experience though.
You have potential adrenal issues as well as well as may be insulin imbalances resulting in higher triglycerides. Vitamin D treared agreesively would potential correct insulin issues. When High free T is apparent then insulin resistance may be present due to lower shbg level which was never checked. I also look at your LH levels and may be do some clomid for restart. Some times correcting vitamin D can make all the difference levels in hormones and thyroid performace. E2 was never checked as well. ferritin is a little low goal is 100-150..I would also suspect zinc defieincy due to low alkaline phosphotase.

weierstrass

Awards
Your doctor is an idiot. There is no way to pick an optimum level of testosterone before it is administered. The only true way to select an optimum level of T for a patient is to continue to increases the dose (with the upper end of normal being the limit) until symptoms abate. If there is no improvement in symptoms, then it means that trt is not for you. If he gives you trouble on this, grab a copy of Testosterone for Life by Abraham Morgentaler and show him the part where Dr. Morgentaler states that going near the top of the range is needed with certain patients. Good luck!

mavven

Awards
You have potential adrenal issues as well as well as may be insulin imbalances resulting in higher triglycerides. Vitamin D treared agreesively would potential correct insulin issues. When High free T is apparent then insulin resistance may be present due to lower shbg level which was never checked. I also look at your LH levels and may be do some clomid for restart. Some times correcting vitamin D can make all the difference levels in hormones and thyroid performace. E2 was never checked as well. ferritin is a little low goal is 100-150..I would also suspect zinc defieincy due to low alkaline phosphotase.
Should he be checking my adrenals Matrix? And what tests should he perform?
Would you suspect a possible pituitary tumor, because the fsh is so low?
What is shbg?
What would the clomid do for my LH? my LH was 2.9 is that not good, it is within range?
He checked my estradiol (which was 34) what is E2? I thought that is estradiol?
And what does the ferritin mean? How would I increase that?
Can all these things combined cause my low T, or is it possible I am naturally in the 300's because 2 years ago i tested in the 300's as well total T...

Ohhhh and what does insulin resistance mean, does it have to do with sugar in the body?

Thanks in advance....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Should he be checking my adrenals Matrix? And what tests should he perform?
Would you suspect a possible pituitary tumor, because the fsh is so low?
What is shbg?
What would the clomid do for my LH? my LH was 2.9 is that not good, it is within range?
He checked my estradiol (which was 34) what is E2? I thought that is estradiol?
And what does the ferritin mean? How would I increase that?
Can all these things combined cause my low T, or is it possible I am naturally in the 300's because 2 years ago i tested in the 300's as well total T...

Ohhhh and what does insulin resistance mean, does it have to do with sugar in the body?

Thanks in advance....
Bro sucks you are not near north east i fix you up
it would be suggestable to get cortisol saliva test done to rule out adrenal issues.
Ferritin is stored iron and true indicator of low iron levels
Vitamin D can cause low T as it help the hormone work more effectively.
Yes high insulin or imbalance in blood sugar can cause problems with low testosterone as well same as estrodial. there are 4 different estrodial test the one you want is 13-54 or 3-70 from lab corp
FSH is least of your worries. Low LH I still run a clomid challenge to see if you respond. But i start vitamin D protocol and get proper testing done to rule out other issues. Your Dr is only getting 30% of the problem like most due.

Akki

Awards
HELP! I am being further ruined by bad docs

Bro sucks you are not near north east i fix you up
it would be suggestable to get cortisol saliva test done to rule out adrenal issues.
Ferritin is stored iron and true indicator of low iron levels
Vitamin D can cause low T as it help the hormone work more effectively.
Yes high insulin or imbalance in blood sugar can cause problems with low testosterone as well same as estrodial. there are 4 different estrodial test the one you want is 13-54 or 3-70 from lab corp
FSH is least of your worries. Low LH I still run a clomid challenge to see if you respond. But i start vitamin D protocol and get proper testing done to rule out other issues. Your Dr is only getting 30% of the problem like most due.
Matrix, where are you? I need a good adrenal/thyroid doc. I am in a terrible case of hpa dysfunction. PLEASE HELP! I can't pm because I haven't made seven posts. How do I email you?