cortisol saliva test in the uk ???

aronaronaron

Awards
I think i may be suffering from adrenal fatigue and was wondering does anyone know where i can order a saliva test in the uk??

Also what vits and supps can i use to help??

I was thinking vit c, vit b, magnesium oil, anyone got any others they know of???

Thanks Aron,

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I think i may be suffering from adrenal fatigue and was wondering does anyone know where i can order a saliva test in the uk??

Also what vits and supps can i use to help??

I was thinking vit c, vit b, magnesium oil, anyone got any others they know of???

Thanks Aron,
you could try

Herbs That Help Adrenal Fatigue
Rhodiola Rosea -- It enhances memory and concentration. It has been shown to reduce stress-induced fatigue and improve mental performance.
Ashwagandha -- It has been shown to have a sedating effect on the body and helps to rebuild the digestive and nervous system.
Eleuthero Root or Siberian Ginseng -- It has been used traditionally to stimulate and nourish the adrenal glands and increases mental alertness. Eleuthero is considered an "adaptogen" which means it can help the body adapt to stress.
Cordyceps -- This is a Chinese mushroom used for supporting the adrenal gland and can also normalize immune function and support kidney, lung, liver, nervous system and cardiovascular function.

Vitamin C (2,000-4,000 mg/day sustained release) -- best taken with bioflavonoids.
Vitamin E w/mixed tocopherols (800 IU/day)
Vitamin B100 Complex
Niacin (125-150 mg/day) -- as inositol hexaniacinate.
Pyridoxine B6 (150 mg/day)
Pantothenic Acid B5 (1200-1500 mg/day)
Magnesium Citrate (400-1200 mg) -- This is best in the powdered form such as in Natural Calm. This form of magnesium makes sure it is absorbed.
Liquid Trace Minerals -- they have a calming effect
Free-Form Amino Acids
Proline (500 mg daily) -- Proline is helpful in rebuilding connective tissues. Weak adrenals are often associated with poor quality connective tissues and whatever helps connective tissues seems to help adrenals as well.

also read
http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-articles/nutritional-considerations-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

Madlib

Awards
I would be interested to know where I can get saliva tests too?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I would be interested to know where I can get saliva tests too?
i dont understand why you wont go to your GP.If you feel you have a problem surely the first port of call should be with him.

Forget all these private companies who are going to rip you off.

The NHS is free.