Dad got his test results, what is his next step

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK GUYS got the test results form my dads DR, and hes 55 type 2 diabetic, 6'3.5" and weighs 235...

Results

Testosterone Free&Tot Male-ARUP 11 Jun 2010 04:08 PM

- Testosterone Level.: 230

- Testosterone, Free.: 44

- Testosterone, % Free.: 1.9

- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin.: 28.

his dr said he doesnt need HRT, but my dad has BAD sleep quality where he will sleep for about 4-5hrs soem nights and not ever fall back to sleep,

no sex drive at all

and when asked about his erectyle disfunction he said well if i even cared about sex i could tell you if it worked........

he has a very good endocrynologist that hes used in the pastshoudl he take the bloodwork numbers to him and see if he will recommend HRT or just not get HRT at all?

jrvswim

Awards
At his age trt sounds like a no brainer. Find a doctor who will prescribe it for him. If he doesn't want anymore kids, he doesn't have much to lose.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
OK GUYS got the test results form my dads DR, and hes 55 type 2 diabetic, 6'3.5" and weighs 235...

Results

Testosterone Free&Tot Male-ARUP 11 Jun 2010 04:08 PM

- Testosterone Level.: 230

- Testosterone, Free.: 44

- Testosterone, % Free.: 1.9

- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin.: 28.

his dr said he doesnt need HRT, but my dad has BAD sleep quality where he will sleep for about 4-5hrs soem nights and not ever fall back to sleep,

no sex drive at all

and when asked about his erectyle disfunction he said well if i even cared about sex i could tell you if it worked........

he has a very good endocrynologist that hes used in the pastshoudl he take the bloodwork numbers to him and see if he will recommend HRT or just not get HRT at all?
He does qualify for HRT no doubt and it will help his diabetes
He also needs to have estrodial sensitive done as well which could be major player in his insulin resistance as well.

Where are you located?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sacramento area, woodland ca to be specific, 95695,
matrix, what are your qualifications? you a DR?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I work as a consultants for ND's, and MD's that are baffled on cases and what to look for alterative reasons for primart cause of the problem. In cali you should be able to find them a dime a doesn't. Some of the ones I run into are insane.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
sacramento area, woodland ca to be specific, 95695,
The subject is not simple, even when one is lucky enough and have available knowledgeable doctor.

If your dad is:
interested in the subject (because it requires lots of his personal involvement)

interested in learning nuts an bolts of treatment

able to arrange for local doctor to write scripts for testing and medications
able to fund tests and medicines (either via insurance or $$)

Look at my thread here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Post #44 have a list of initial testing, have him do complete list (between blue lines).
It is complete script, have him print it out, sign by doc and go to lab for a blood draw.

Also have him do this tests.

http://spectracell.com/product-specs/
SpectraCell’s micronutrient testing
SpectraCell’s Lipoprotein Particle Profile™
SpectraCell’s The HS-Omega-3® Index

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/index.php?option=com_gpanel&Itemid=2&task=view&nav=test&id=47
Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA)
Hair Analysis

Post results here.

I do not monitor this board to often, when results are in, PM me.

After all above tests are posted,
post his

age, height, waist size, fitness level, past injuries, surgeries, complaints
known problems