UK Test levels?

boomboy

Awards
Hi there,

Got my blood work back from the doc. He said everything was normal but I wanted to run this by some of the more experienced forum members here and see what you thought. I've been trying to find a UK-to-American testosterone measurement converter online but can't find one. Hopefully someone from the UK might know the score. Here they are:

Total testosterone: 16.9
LH: 3.5
FSH: 3.4
Prolactin: 177
TSH: 2.4

I guess I'd like to know if my test levels are healthy enough. I'm not using any hormonal supplements. It's also worth noting I have a varicocele as well....

Many thanks in advance to anybody who can give me a perspective.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
at 16.9 your about mid range ; the lab attached to my hospital works on the range 10to 30 (not quite sure of the units -nmol?)

i have test replacement therapy on the NHS and find my levels drop to this at the end of an 11 week cycle of nebido.At the beginning tghe level rises to the upper end of the range and could go over. Its this time i take advantage and for about the first 5 weeks after injection , work hard, eat well , and hope it pays off

aronaronaron

Awards
How are you finding trt corsaking? what where your problems before trt and have they benn resolved? im thinking of getting on trt myself thats why im asking mate.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
How are you finding trt corsaking? what where your problems before trt and have they benn resolved? im thinking of getting on trt myself thats why im asking mate.
it was quite by accident that i went on trt. i went to the doc about something else which i carnt remember what , and somehow we got around to taking a blood sample for test reading. I had a pretty awful/stressful job at the time in a call centre taking a barage of complaints coupled with a 60 mile round trip to work and back in rush hour traffic .The treatment started at the time i got a job nearer home so i lost most of the stress. It would have been interesting to see if i could have handled my call centre job better when i was on treatment, I was also fitting in training 3x a week.
Any way now i wouldnt be without. Its been about 5 years , i started on sustanon 250 every 4 weeks which decreased to 2 , then it was recommended i go on Nebido which i have every 11,

IVE never considered gel as its too messy and inconvenient applying daily and waiting for it to dry.
youre bound to be anxious but theres no need to be and remember to be open with your doctor/endo if you have concerns /reactions
The way the treatment is handled here is different to the states-you wont get offerred HCG Oor tested for estrogen for example

any questions just fire away

boomboy

Awards
Thanks for your insights corsaking and warsteiner,

It appears looking at that hormonal chart that I have the testosterone level of a (perhaps) unhealthy 75 year old! :O But you reckon it might be normal corsaking?

Also, do you remember what your test levels were registering when you first undertook TRT? How old were you when it happened and have you found any other unwanted side effects from your treatment?

Thanks again for your input!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your insights corsaking and warsteiner,

It appears looking at that hormonal chart that I have the testosterone level of a (perhaps) unhealthy 75 year old! :O But you reckon it might be normal corsaking?

Also, do you remember what your test levels were registering when you first undertook TRT? How old were you when it happened and have you found any other unwanted side effects from your treatment?

Thanks again for your input!
any level which is within the range set by the lab which you have ,i think you will not qualify for trt imo.
the range set by my hosp lab is 10-30 ,my level was 9 when i started , thats why i got trt.

the only side effect is you could do with a top up more often than whats allowed because of the feel good factor it brings .This declines for me after about 6 weeks but its gradual , until i get my next injection at wk 11.

as i say because your reading is about half way , i would be surprised if you get trt

aronaronaron

Awards
Corsoaking i am goin for blood test soon, is there no chance of getting my estrogen levels checked?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Corsoaking i am goin for blood test soon, is there no chance of getting my estrogen levels checked?
just ask your doctor-i dont know how old you are but as you age test declines and estrogen rises.However i would say you should be over 45 to get away with this argument =-just my thoughts ,

If you have your blood test and test is low ie off the lower end of the scale, you should qualify for trt,- within the range , i doubt it.

you need to be prepared and suggest googling the effects of high estrogen in men to see what it comes up with.just do your homework before you go in to see him.

many Gps are not clued up on trt and some reluctant to start trt.