Varicocele

jrvswim

Awards
Did any of you all get varicocele surgery, and then the varicocele came back?
I got it for my left testicle and now, after the surgery i have a right one. Any experiences with this? Did you get surgery again?

southpaw41

southpaw41

Awards
So you had a surgery on your left side and then a varicocele appeared on the right side? I would see a urologist.

I had the conventional surgery in Feb (left side grade 2, im 22 years old btw). The varicocele veins seem to be deflated but i think some are still there (when i lay down it isn’t apparent but when i stand you can still see some varicocele veins...i think). Not exactly sure what a successful varicocele post-surgery is suppose to look like..

Did you have a sperm analysis done? How old are you?

I had 2 very poor sperm analysis tests pre-surgery and having my post surgery test in a few weeks. I’m not optimistic that this surgery will improve those numbers..

You might wanna post this in the varicocele forum on this site.

jrvswim

Awards
Thanks, I am seeing the surgeon who did the surgery tomorow..

jrvswim

Awards
Oh. and I did not have a sperm analysis done. I got it for low test levels and I am 21 years old. The last two months have just been insane.
Here is a quick time line with some details.
March 4 surgery on left varicocele
April 2 first testosterone bloodtest to see if my levels had change - they were up 40 percent and i felt way better.
April 5th ish.. pain in right testicle
May 5th.. pain persists, testosterone back down to pre surgery levels, obvious puffy bump above testicle in scrotum...tried anti-biotics didn't do a thing

ideas...?
I will see a doctor tomorrow, but any ideas of what it could besides new varicocele?

southpaw41

southpaw41

Awards
Oh. and I did not have a sperm analysis done. I got it for low test levels and I am 21 years old. The last two months have just been insane.
Here is a quick time line with some details.
March 4 surgery on left varicocele
April 2 first testosterone bloodtest to see if my levels had change - they were up 40 percent and i felt way better.
April 5th ish.. pain in right testicle
May 5th.. pain persists, testosterone back down to pre surgery levels, obvious puffy bump above testicle in scrotum...tried anti-biotics didn't do a thing

ideas...?
I will see a doctor tomorrow, but any ideas of what it could besides new varicocele?
not sure.. does it feel "veiny" like your left side does/did? Puffy it not a word I would use to describe my varicocele.. your urologist will probably have you do an ultrasound if he cannot diagnose it by a physical exam. Definitely get it checked out though pain is not something to ignore. Just curious can you post your pre and post surgery blood work (not everything just t levels)

yottip

Awards
hi i'm yottip from philippines. last 2006 i was diagnosed with varicocele (leftside) i had it operated already. now i would just like to ask if what's the full symptoms if it re-occurs..same as before? thank you very much.