37 with High SHBG- Low Total Free T

tiporp

Awards
I just got my Blood Test Results:

Total Testosterone -673
Estradiol--21.5
Free Total Testosterone-8.8 Low Should be 20-25

I'm assuming that I have High SHBG. Can any one let me know how I could lower SHBG and Increase my Free Testorsterone? I've been taking 480 MG of Nettle 3 times a day every day,Avena Sativa 750mg Everyday and Forskolin aswell. I haven't felt any change in my libido. My Libido is virtually gone.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
You need to run more tests: both elevated progesterone and prolactin can negatively impact libido. High prolactin can also indicate a pituitary tumor, so get checked for that if it's high.

Another cause of low libido could be low DHT.

A better test to see how much testosterone is free and lightly bound, is the bio-available testosterone test.

You can also get SHBG directly tested as well if you like.

tiporp

Awards
Thanks for all your help! I'll be ordering those test today.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I just got my Blood Test Results:

Total Testosterone -673
Estradiol--21.5
Free Total Testosterone-8.8 Low Should be 20-25

I'm assuming that I have High SHBG. Can any one let me know how I could lower SHBG and Increase my Free Testorsterone? I've been taking 480 MG of Nettle 3 times a day every day,Avena Sativa 750mg Everyday and Forskolin aswell. I haven't felt any change in my libido. My Libido is virtually gone.
Have my list of tests done at Quest Diagnostics.
Latter you will most likely need more tests.

List is at pot #44 page #2, here, between blue lines.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

//

tiporp

Awards
Thanks JanSz and Philec48 for all the info you have provided. This has been frustrating for me but the knowlege that there are good people out there, like both of you guys, that are willing to help and provide helpful information is encouraging and humbling. I will follow your advise and take the test. I'll keep you up dated.