Understanding my results (testosterone levels) 22 years old

kion

Awards
Numbers at end of post, this is simply a short recap of why I decided to get tested. I am seeing an endocrinologist on the 12th but would like to see if there is anything that I need to be aware of.

I'm 22 years old and Male.

About two years ago I went to my doctor to finally get my inability to concentrate looked at. I was thinking at the time that it was ADD-PI (inattentive ADD) but still had some blood work done related to thyroid and adrenal. There is a small history of thyroid issues in my family although it has been primarily females. Those results came back normal and I was started on ADD medication soon afterward. Too make a long story short, the ADD medication helped some but the other issues continued.

Over the past 2-3 years I have worked out except for the past couple of months due to injury. During the time I was working out, my results can best be described as **** even though I did my research etc. I tried a couple of different things and nothing really ever seemed to work. I stuck with the basics IE started with Starting Strength and moved onto Madcow 5x5 soon afterward with a couple of self made plans in between. My recovery time sucked and I seemed to take forever to properly recover.

Other issues besides the mental and physical is a complete lack of libido. I am almost ashamed to admit it but I really don't "know" what it means to have it. As a result of everything listed above, I saw my doctor a couple of days ago and finally got my testosterone levels checked.

I had my general level checked along with my free at pretty much the ideal time of day (when they should be at the highest). My free in terms of ng/DL is below the low end of the measured range.
From the results
Test Testosterone % Free Value 2.1% Range 2.0%-4.0%
Testosterone Total Value 283 Range 241-827 ng/dL
Testosterone Free Value 5.9 Range 8-30 ng/DL

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Numbers at end of post, this is simply a short recap of why I decided to get tested. I am seeing an endocrinologist on the 12th but would like to see if there is anything that I need to be aware of.

I'm 22 years old and Male.

About two years ago I went to my doctor to finally get my inability to concentrate looked at. I was thinking at the time that it was ADD-PI (inattentive ADD) but still had some blood work done related to thyroid and adrenal. There is a small history of thyroid issues in my family although it has been primarily females. Those results came back normal and I was started on ADD medication soon afterward. Too make a long story short, the ADD medication helped some but the other issues continued.

Over the past 2-3 years I have worked out except for the past couple of months due to injury. During the time I was working out, my results can best be described as **** even though I did my research etc. I tried a couple of different things and nothing really ever seemed to work. I stuck with the basics IE started with Starting Strength and moved onto Madcow 5x5 soon afterward with a couple of self made plans in between. My recovery time sucked and I seemed to take forever to properly recover.

Other issues besides the mental and physical is a complete lack of libido. I am almost ashamed to admit it but I really don't "know" what it means to have it. As a result of everything listed above, I saw my doctor a couple of days ago and finally got my testosterone levels checked.

I had my general level checked along with my free at pretty much the ideal time of day (when they should be at the highest). My free in terms of ng/DL is below the low end of the measured range.
From the results
Test Testosterone % Free Value 2.1% Range 2.0%-4.0%
Testosterone Total Value 283 Range 241-827 ng/dL
Testosterone Free Value 5.9 Range 8-30 ng/DL
Have my list of tests done at Quest Diagnostics.
Latter you will most likely need more tests.

List is at pot #44 page #2, here, between blue lines.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

//

seektruth

Awards
Please reply to me !!I have the same issues like you. I also have low testosterone and poor focus, my T level is 9.9 nmol /dl I have 31 years old, all my life have low
focus, Im from Europe.

Please respond to exchange experiences. Im going to TRT soon