Maxmizing The Testosterone Put In... Minimizing SHBG?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
On HRT for the past few years... Averaging 600-800 ngdl with my weekly protocol of tesosterone cyp, HCG and armidex.

Since I am on a doctor-supervised HRT program and my supply is restricted on a monthly basis, I can't just inject more to get my T closer to supraphysiological levels since I'd run out of testo cyp.

The last thing I want to do is to play with so-called test boosters/pro-h/pro-s and screw up my system even more, or give false T readings on my bloodwork that would cause me problems with my health insurance/endocrinologist .

My main interest is to maximize the testosterone that is injected into my body each week. I assume the best way to do this is to minimize the present of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) in my body. By doing this, there would theoretically be more free testosterone to work it's magic on the rest of my body. Am I correct in that thinking?

Are there any products or herbs out there that have consistently proven themselves to work well in this regards?

I looked into eurycoma longifolia jack but feedback in an older thread here did not seem favorable. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/2995-longjack.html. This herb supposedly also stimulates T production (which somewhat concerns me) but also reduces cortisol (which also gets way into T's ability to work on muscle tissue) which is good.

Thoughts, ideas or even opinions?

-Blesum

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
nettle root binds to SHBG freeing more testosterone

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Your'e going to hate this answer but things are in our bodies for a reason, your levels are excellent, better than almost any I have seen. I bet if you lower shbg there will be consequences much greater than slightly low T. Just my 2 cents.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Thank you LeanGuy. I'll look into that.

Spinn, I'm here to learn and expand on my existing knowledge. What kind of negative consequences would there be do you think? I'm guessing increased E2 levels based on what I've been able to find so far online.

-Blesum

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Blesum I dont know but its a gut feeling. I had lyme disease for 30 years and drs kept saying it was depression. It lowered my T and I was put on TRT. I now want to come off because being on T is like being a criminal almost. Between getting the meds and paying for them its tough. I am now very wary of altering things.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I am on nebido which is test undeconate in an oil solution injected into the glute ,In his book Anabolics 9th edition william llewelyn says about this , quote esterified forms of testosterone are less polar than free testosterone and absorbed more slowly into the blood stream ;once in the bloodstream the ester is removed to yeild FREE (active)testosterone.
as cypoionate is in an oil base , the same applies ; do a google search =theres plenty about this subject