monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I'm on Doc Prescribed HRT

Currently:
Total T -1120ng/dl
Free T- don't remember number, but Double the top of the Range
E2 Ultrasensative (Quest) - 9, (0-70)
SHBG - 13.5 (also confused, with a low SHBG, maybe the low E2 is normal)

A few months back, my E2 was 40. I was having anxiety come and go and trouble sleeping. I was also on DHEA. My doctor started me on .5mg of A-Dex E3D.

I read on the board about DHEA leading to high E2 if not needed. I dropped the DHEA.

.5 seemed way to high, so I took .25mg E3D instead. I haven't even been taking it 100% consistently, and the result is E2 in the single digits :irked::irked::irked:

Now i'm confused....was it the DHEA to begin with that was raising my E2, or was is the TRT.

After dropping the DHEA, would my levels have returned to good range for E2 without the ADEX?

So, what should I do...how long will it take to bring my E2 numbers back up to the 20's? My doc recommened me to drop the arimidex or take 12.5mg E3D if I wanted to...

punxweb

Awards
Get tested again. I have heard on ATM board that quest has had some issues with their estradiol testing.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
Do you have symptoms of low E?

Start back on the DHEA, you will definitely get a rise in E. 100mg ED, maybe 2D, morning and night.

Drop the Adex for now.

punxweb

Awards
The proper test per Janz on the other forum.

at Quest
Estradiol [4021X](13- 54 pg/mL)

at LabCorp
Estradiol, sensitive 140244

may19th2001

may19th2001

Awards
Not always does everyone need to take the Arimidex, it does knock down E2 however in some of us guys on HRT we do well sometimes without lowering our E2 levels.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I know its the correct test, and I know its accurate.

My E has always been low. When I first started TRT, doc put me on DHEA to RAISE my E2 because it was way to low. Then the next test showed it sky high....he put me on arimidex to bring it down. Then I dropped the DHEA and now its lower than ever...

Why? Probably because I never needed the DHEA in the first place, and my E2 was probably fine at the low level because of my low SHBG.

I do not have symptoms of low E2, except that the arimidex makes my muscles flat. When the 3 day halflife wears off, I notice each day my muscles seem to become full and pump up easier.

I never had symptoms even with an E2 of 6, last year before TRT. I attribute this to my super low SHBG causing the E2 to be much more bioavail. I remember someone telling me that if you SHBG is low...aim for an E2 between 12-15 rather than 20-23.

Dr. J is the one who orders my labs so I know its legit.

I'm going to drop the a-dex for now. And just let them come up naturally.

I'm afraid of DHEA...everytime I take it, it makes me super hyped up and I feel nuts. My DHEA is already in range, and if I take even 25mg it f*cks me up. I think its the conversion to pregnenolone on top of my HCG that makes me nervous.

So.........strangely, Testosterone doesn't really aromatize much in my body, but DHEA SURE DOES!!!

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
DHEA aromatizes? DHEA converts to Test and it aromatizes.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
DHEA aromatizes? DHEA converts to Test and it aromatizes.
Yea...my mistake, it doesn't "aromatize"

But, it actually converts to estrogen through 2 pathways.

DHEA>Androstenedione>(CYP19 Enzyme)>Estrone(e1) down to Estradiol E2

Androstenedione also branches into testosterone and it could pour over into E2 again.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Does your insurance pay for your HRT or what’s the price range of being on it?
it covers some of it. Does not cover the doc but it does cover the meds. HCG ends up being only $10 less than retail and the Gel comes out to $25/month or so...

I'd rather be on shots, they are way cheaper, but the doc wants to keep me on gels...he says its better for the body in the long run, because the constant application and short halflife mimics the body. I don't see how this helps...

may19th2001

may19th2001

Awards
They have been having somw issues with testing.

may19th2001

may19th2001

Awards
I would rather be on injections also....
Gels do run at quite a high price especially when you are on he % you are on.

it covers some of it. Does not cover the doc but it does cover the meds. HCG ends up being only $10 less than retail and the Gel comes out to $25/month or so...

I'd rather be on shots, they are way cheaper, but the doc wants to keep me on gels...he says its better for the body in the long run, because the constant application and short halflife mimics the body. I don't see how this helps...

may19th2001

may19th2001

Awards
You do not pay too much for gel I have been out anywhere from 50-100 a month on it.
It is quite expensive at times.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I read that schering recommends 250mg every 2-3 weeks despite the rollercoaster effect because it gives the body a break from the T like what happens in the afternoon and night naturally, all this time I just thought they honestly believed the halflife was that long. the daily rhythm would be better on gels if it weren't for the high DHT and E2 conversion.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I just don't understand why the body needs a break from T.....