Is proper test to E-2 ratios the key for good libido and firm erections?

L

lucky

Awards
Just got my labs back and all of my test levels came in at the top of the normal range but my ultra sensitive estradiol came in ten points over the top of the range. I seldom wake up with an erection and was wondering if this could be the reason. I'm otherwise healthy and all other bloodwork is in normal range. Should I check with my dr. about trying low dose arimidex or tamoxifen?

B

blastedlooger

Awards
I'm not sure. My ranges were out of whack when I got tested. I usually don't wake up with a strong wood but I still have a great libido.

P

punxweb

Awards
Where did you get your E2 labs done? Quest has some issues with theirs, lab corp is good. Your E2 being that high is an issue. E2 too high or low will cause a lack of morning wood and libido.

A

atlninja82

Banned
Awards
Where did you get your E2 labs done? Quest has some issues with theirs, lab corp is good. Your E2 being that high is an issue. E2 too high or low will cause a lack of morning wood and libido.
im having the same issue. my e2 levels were 48.3 and total estrogen was 110. i have no libido and poor erection strength.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Disregard total estrogens and go by E2 alone.

From my own experience, if you are on transdermals and need to lower E2 I would suggest switching to shots rather than starting arimidex.

High E2 can cause libido problems but also other issues such as high blood pressure, agitation, and inability to lose fat.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Disregard total estrogens and go by E2 alone.

From my own experience, if you are on transdermals and need to lower E2 I would suggest switching to shots rather than starting arimidex.

Injections cause more e2 conversion that shots. Transdermals give lower conversion to e2 due to daily dosing and more stable levels.

But you had higher e2 on gel/creams? That's definitely not the normal response. Typically transdermals provide lower e2 levels and higher DHT, and on top of this, DHT works against e2.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where did you get your E2 labs done? Quest has some issues with theirs, lab corp is good. .

Most people I know speak of the opposite. Dr's I have seen don't trust Lab Corp as much as Quest. AFAIK Quest is one of the best places for labs.