20 year old low test levels?

paint2100

Awards
I am 20 years old and my testosterone levels have hovered around 350 for a long time. I suffer from depression lack of sex drive. Would my levels be considered low? If they are what should I go about doing?

svt cobra

Go to doctor and get treated!!!! About two years ago, a respected magazine did an article on how men's t-levels are dropping around the world with no known explanation at that time. I am a healthy 43, but got checked anyway. Found out I was low too. Now, after two years of treatment, I'm an animal!! Use the post "Find a doctor" son and go get Testosterone shots, pellets or gels, but get something!! Life is too short not to be at your best..............................

punxweb

Awards
That is low for your age. Were you taking anything, steroids, supps before your test? I would get retested to verify that you levels are low. Labs sometimes do make mistakes.

paint2100

Awards
That is low for your age. Were you taking anything, steroids, supps before your test? I would get retested to verify that you levels are low. Labs sometimes do make mistakes.
My test level has been roughly the same for a few years. In the past I was stupid and took a prohormone cycle which probably ****ed me up, but otherwise I haven't done anything new.

need4speed

Awards
Look for other problems Vitamin D, Sleep, Stress. Use TRT as last resort.

jrvswim

Awards
I'm sorry man, I'm in the same boat, I would def. go to the doctor for a start.

punxweb

Awards
After you verify that you have low test with another blood test, I would check into some other things before CONSIDERING TRT. Check thyroid, adrenals, and Vit D levels. If something as like this was out of wack, then possibly you could bring your test levels up without TRT.

paint2100

Awards
my vitamin d levels have been low and my doctor put me on a prescription vitamin d.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
my vitamin d levels have been low and my doctor put me on a prescription vitamin d.

Your dr should be arrested. A prescription is a waste of money and not needed. My vitamin D was high just by taking 4000 ius per day of drops

paint2100

Awards
i made an appointment with an endocrinologist so i'll see what happens now

spinn

Awards
  • Established
where do you live? Endos really only treat diabetes and know nothing about hrt. i will never see another endo.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
Go to doctor and get treated!!!! About two years ago, a respected magazine did an article on how men's t-levels are dropping around the world with no known explanation at that time. I am a healthy 43, but got checked anyway. Found out I was low too. Now, after two years of treatment, I'm an animal!! Use the post "Find a doctor" son and go get Testosterone shots, pellets or gels, but get something!! Life is too short not to be at your best..............................
this is how i feel too. bio-chemical modifying your body for the best outcome. im 27 and around 320, and it sucked. i shouldnt be like that till im 80, if even...

the reasons for girls getting tits at 12, and dudes having low test is because how ****ed up our planet is. from everything to chemicals in our food, plastics, ground water, etc. its an epidemic.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The average man today is seeming to have lower T levels...I blame the food, chemicals, and undue stress placed on us today. You know the "If you dont have a 200,000 retirement fund, you fail at life" money stress, the job stress, the credit, and schooling, and circles life makes you go through.

The hormones in our food supply, the artificial chemicals in most of our foods...its all horrible and it is eating our bodies alive.

punxweb

Awards
There is no reason to have a rx for Vitamin D. The doc you are dealing with is shady and I would not invest any more money in him. Endo's are not very good for dealing with HRT issues. Some MD's and DO's are a better option.

paint2100

Awards
There is no reason to have a rx for Vitamin D. The doc you are dealing with is shady and I would not invest any more money in him. Endo's are not very good for dealing with HRT issues. Some MD's and DO's are a better option.
Ya i know my GP is shady, but she is very good at what she does. It costs me basically nothing so i don't complain. I thought an endo would be most knowledgable about this. Also I want to add my left nipple tends to get sore and itchy from time to time and it has a lump behind the nipple.

punxweb

Awards
Paint, you may have just hit the needle on the head. What you are describing is gyno. Have the doc check your estradiol or E2. She must request the sensitive test. If your E2 is elevated it may be keeping your test down. There are ways to fix this without getting on HRT. You have to get your E2 tested.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
where do you live? Endos really only treat diabetes and know nothing about hrt. i will never see another endo.
I hope you're kidding. An Endocrinologist is exactly who he should see.

OP, let your Endo do his/her magic. They are the experts and paid professionals who can help you get where you should be.

350 is low, but it's not out of range. It is also dependent on what the ranges are from your test. Find that out. It is usually 200-800. The loss of libido or ED may be caused from something else. Sometimes it's emotionally related.

punxweb

Awards
Not kidding one bit. Endo's are notoriously terrible for HRT. Most of them have the old school mentality of one big shot of test once or twice a month. Not how I want to be treated,

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I hope you're kidding. An Endocrinologist is exactly who he should see.

OP, let your Endo do his/her magic. They are the experts and paid professionals who can help you get where you should be.

350 is low, but it's not out of range. It is also dependent on what the ranges are from your test. Find that out. It is usually 200-800. The loss of libido or ED may be caused from something else. Sometimes it's emotionally related.
Please show me one instance on this board where an endo has helped anyone. They are far from paid professionals, but then again, used car salesmen are professionals too.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
My ex-endo gave me 200mg in a single shot once a month, then when I got some education he !admitted! that once a weeks shots are better. To add insult to injury the 50mg week average testosterone was not enough.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I hear the form of vitamin D they perscribe isn't as good as the natural supplement. This guy should also get his zinc levels checked. Having said that, low test wouldnt cause nipple pain without too much of something else, so estradiol and estrogen should get checked.
Also, if you feel like ****, even though your hormones are in the normal range, it's time to look at the problems other than low test.

paint2100

Awards
I hear the form of vitamin D they perscribe isn't as good as the natural supplement. This guy should also get his zinc levels checked. Having said that, low test wouldnt cause nipple pain without too much of something else, so estradiol and estrogen should get checked.
Also, if you feel like ****, even though your hormones are in the normal range, it's time to look at the problems other than low test.
Maybe I never explained myself well enough. I am being treated for depression by a psychiatrist, but what I'm trying to see if a possible hormone imbalance could be the cause of my depression. If I find out my levels are normal then I know it has to deal with a chemical imbalance unrelated to my hormones.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I never explained myself well enough. I am being treated for depression by a psychiatrist, but what I'm trying to see if a possible hormone imbalance could be the cause of my depression. If I find out my levels are normal then I know it has to deal with a chemical imbalance unrelated to my hormones.
actually, low hormones causes depression. Whatever you do, dont take anti depressants, if you already are, do not stop cold turkey.

paint2100

Awards
actually, low hormones causes depression. Whatever you do, dont take anti depressants, if you already are, do not stop cold turkey.
SInce my depression was so severe i am put on zyprexa,welbutrin and lamictal. The doctors think my diagnosis was schizoaffective, but my doctor has doubts and is taking me off the zyprexa soon. Mainly my question which im trying to solve is if a hormone imbalance could be the cause of all my problems, but probably its a chemical thing.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, the nipple pain deffinately hint's at an estrogen/estradiol problem, so don't rule that out. Estrogen can cause depression in men.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
SInce my depression was so severe i am put on zyprexa,welbutrin and lamictal. The doctors think my diagnosis was schizoaffective, but my doctor has doubts and is taking me off the zyprexa soon. Mainly my question which im trying to solve is if a hormone imbalance could be the cause of all my problems, but probably its a chemical thing.
Sorry to hear that but depression is most definately caused by low hormone levels. Doctors in America are paid to prescribe meds, not cure people. Be very careful coming off those meds, they are dangerous and addictive.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I would test for E2 like people said before, but have you had your test checked before you went on these drugs?....I've read studies where certain psychoactive medications can have some interesting effects on the endocrine system to say the least. Neuroendocrinology is going to be booming in the upcoming years as we will all be on TRT when we're 13.

paint2100

Awards
I would test for E2 like people said before, but have you had your test checked before you went on these drugs?....I've read studies where certain psychoactive medications can have some interesting effects on the endocrine system to say the least. Neuroendocrinology is going to be booming in the upcoming years as we will all be on TRT when we're 13.
Yes i have and it was in the 300's still. I wouldnt be surprised with all the crap we take in daily would cause such an effect on our bodies

punxweb

Awards
Most antidepressant cause hormanal and sexual dysfinction. I would talk to your doc about tapering and getting off those meds. Be carefull when doing so and listen to the doc.

punxweb

Awards
Low test is a primary cause of depression. When my levels were at 200, I didn't even want to wake up every day.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
How intense are you in the gym? Hard training could probably give you a decent test bump, since your already in what's considered the healthy range.....And not to beat a dead horse, but nipple pain sounds like an OBVIOUS side effect of high estrogen or estradiol, so get those checked. If their high, lowering them can give you a Test booster, that is much cheaper than Test.

JC1088

Awards
what kind of pct did you use for your ph cycle?

paint2100

Awards
So I saw the endo today and he took bloodwork. He doesnt think anything is wrong, but won't know till the results come in. He noticed the growth under the nipple. He said if the levels come out normal we will discuss if we should treat it which I will have done.