Correct dosage for Cypionate?

svt cobra

Im in my 40's and have been treated for andropause for two years with Androgel then Testim. My levels went from 250 base to 450 (Androgel) to 785 (testim with Formadex).

I decided to go with the Cypionate injection once a week, and my doctor prescribed 100mg per week. This seems low to me since most dosing starts out with 200mg.

Any thoughts????

punxweb

Awards
That's a good starting point. I would split it into 2 doses. I bet you will be surprised how well that little bit works. 200mg and over is starting to get close to what a "anti aging" clinic would give you per your request. Not necessarily whats in your best interest if you just want to get back to normal/high hormonal levels.

svt cobra

Thanks punxweb. Yea, I guess the doc isn't going to let me dose into the next Mr. Universe contest......darn it.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Im in my 40's and have been treated for andropause for two years with Androgel then Testim. My levels went from 250 base to 450 (Androgel) to 785 (testim with Formadex).

I decided to go with the Cypionate injection once a week, and my doctor prescribed 100mg per week. This seems low to me since most dosing starts out with 200mg.

Any thoughts????
If you have blood tests, post them.
All tests for the last 5-10 years.
Post complaints, height, weight, waist size.

Having low testosterone and planning TRT,
to decide if you need transdermal or injectable testosterone,
look at your DHT.

If you have low DHT, use transdermal-T
If you have DHT in mid range or higher, use injectable.

When adding testosterone, always, first, add 250iu-HCG-EOD

Newer put much attention on your Total Testosterone.
Always make sure that you are evaluating
BAT(BioAvailableTestosterone)

You want to have
BAT~575
on QuestDiagnostic test
this test ONLY
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X

If this test is not available to you, find out value of your

Totaltestosterone
SHBG
Albumin
then
look at dr Vermulen's chart

http://books.google.com/books?id=RabgAAxjMxoC&lpg=PR2&vq=nomogram for&dq=nomogram androgen deficiency carruthers&pg=PR2

on that chart you want to have
FreeT(300-350)

====================
Some people using and not absorbing transdermal testosterone.
Often they have thyroid problem.

It is best to do, at least once, my long list of tests, post #44,
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

///////////////