did I inject in a vein?

TylerDurden7

Awards
I did my first self inject today and will admit that I was very nervous. The injection site was outer quad. Needle used was a 1.5" X 25g. Penetration was nice and smooth, aspirated but the plunger was difficult to pull back. I pulled back a little harder and a small bubble came in, no blood. Injected slowly and pulled out with no bleeding upon exit. About 15 secs afterwards I felt a bit lightheaded and started to freak a bit. I felt a rush and thought that my body seemed warm for a little while. I stood up and walked around for a minute or two and the feeling subsided. Was my anxiety just high and I had a little adrenaline rush, or did I actually inject intravascularly somehow? This was about 5 hours ago and I'm feeling fine now. Thank God! What do you all think? Also, if I did inject iv was the gear wasted? Thanks

njzillest

Awards
how deep did you go?
injecting iv you would put the point to your vein and draw blood BEFORE you depress the plunger. you would know if you missed the vein (no blood being drawn) because it would be extremely painful and you would have a bruise and a syst around the area you tried to shoot up.

intramuscular onset is about 3-10 minutes... intravasuclar onset is abpout 10 seconds.....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your experience was pretty normal for first time

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did my first self inject today and will admit that I was very nervous. The injection site was outer quad. Needle used was a 1.5" X 25g. Penetration was nice and smooth, aspirated but the plunger was difficult to pull back. I pulled back a little harder and a small bubble came in, no blood. Injected slowly and pulled out with no bleeding upon exit. About 15 secs afterwards I felt a bit lightheaded and started to freak a bit. I felt a rush and thought that my body seemed warm for a little while. I stood up and walked around for a minute or two and the feeling subsided. Was my anxiety just high and I had a little adrenaline rush, or did I actually inject intravascularly somehow? This was about 5 hours ago and I'm feeling fine now. Thank God! What do you all think? Also, if I did inject iv was the gear wasted? Thanks
That was an adrenaline rush. I was shot up with adrenaline and I had the same exact feeling. With that size needle, the chances of you injecting into a vein are slim..

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This is what I fear when I eventually get into it...that being said, people on here who have hit veins said you will know it for a fact because you will start to cough it up through your lungs or something of that sort....kind of...demoralizing lol.

njzillest

Awards
U get shot with addrenaline through your chest

TylerDurden7

Awards
Thank you all for the replies. I inserted the needle about 1.25" and have little fat on my quads so I feel fairly confident that I didnt hit any veins now. That rush just freaked me out. It was weird, my arms and hands got really vascular and I felt like I could have jumped through the roof of my house if I had too. One other thing. The injection site is slightly red with no bruising or bumps or any burning sensation. I used alcohol prep pads prior to inject. Think this is just trauma from the needle?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ofcourse dude......
Damn, dont believe me. I got a shot, I got dizzy, nauseous, extremely warm, felt like I had to urinate and my heart was racing. That lasted about 10-15 seconds and then they took blood afterward to check my thyroid levels..

punxweb

Awards
Sounds like you got your self an anxiety attack of doing a shot! All the things you describe are normal, short of the feelings you had. If you are that lean, why not try pinning with a 1" pin? If you aspirate properly, no blood, then your good. Redness is typical for about a day, no worries.

TylerDurden7

Awards
Yea, I'm prone to anxiety to begin with and hadnt taken my meds today, so I suppose I was asking for something like that to happen the first time. Thank you all for the help! Very comforting to read

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Just anxiety I got a bit lightheaded too when doing my 1st shot and even second I think, it will go away once you feel comfortable with doing shots.

pcproffy

Awards
You know the cliche of people fainting when they give blood. Its called a Vasovagal response. I had it happen after getting a local injection into my nasal passage for a minor surgery.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
It happens if too much stuff is injected at once or too fast, thats why they say not to do a shot of more than 4 or 5ml which would apply for people doing cycles. I imagine the response from giving blood is due to them taking the blood too fast, its a shock to the body.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It happens if too much stuff is injected at once or too fast, thats why they say not to do a shot of more than 4 or 5ml which would apply for people doing cycles. I imagine the response from giving blood is due to them taking the blood too fast, its a shock to the body.
I decided to race my dad after getting blood once. I stood up after finishing in 3 minutes, walked a few steps, said I was perfectly fine and then went completely blind and nauseous. Fun times :D

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
your experience was pretty normal for first time
Nothin funnier than seeing a 200+ lb guy almost faint from sticking a 1.5 inch needle in his ass cheek, possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen in real life.