Heart Palpitations - Latest Labs

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering if elevated androgens are the cause of my frequent heart palpitations. Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, and Magnesium are all within range.

However, androgens are high:

Total Testosterone 813 (280-800)
Estradiol 77.1 (7.6-42.6)

This lab was drawn on a Thursday right before my next T shot. The Friday before I had injected 60mg T, then Mon 40mg. It had also about a week since I had an HCG shot.

Although I'm not using a lot of T, it looks like I may need to cut down the dose. I use about 600-750 HCG per week divided into two shots.

I'm thinking of using Indolplex to deal with the estradiol, but I may need something stronger.

Y'all send me your suggestions and insight.

Thanks,

Phil

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
thyroid can cause this also

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Taking Cytomel 25-50mg per day. Supposed to be 50, but I don't always remember the next dose. Before starting on Cytomel I had high, but within range RT3, and low free and total T3. TSH is below range now, as well as total T4, so the Cytomel may have shut down my natural production. May cut back to only 25mg per day.

bobbyn

Awards
Hey Phil,

I am having the same issue....it was so iregular 3 weeks ago i went to the hospital.

I have previously taken alot of test and have had extreemly high test levels which i am bring back into range by cutting my doses.

Years ago...I jacked up my thyroid by taking t3...as soon as i stopped the t3 they went away. My T3 is within range right now but my T3 uptake is way high.

Does anyone know what the uptake number is...and if it would cause my palps?

Thanks much
Bobbyn

punxweb

Awards
This test helps estimate the availability of thyroxin binding globulin (TBG). This is the protein that carries most of the T3 and T4 in the blood. The higher the level of TBG, the lower the value of T3RU. A higher T3RU value means less TBG is available, possibly as a result of hyperthyroidism.

bobbyn

Awards
This test helps estimate the availability of thyroxin binding globulin (TBG). This is the protein that carries most of the T3 and T4 in the blood. The higher the level of TBG, the lower the value of T3RU. A higher T3RU value means less TBG is available, possibly as a result of hyperthyroidism.
geezzee bro...that's a mouth full. too much for me to comprehend..

the link phil sent said: This is an indirect measure of thyroid hormone levels. It has nothing to do with T3, despite the name.

so i supose it's not my cause of palps

thanks
bobbyn

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that explanation punxweb.

bobbyn, if T3 uptake is high, then the low TBG could mean you have too much free T3 floating around - and that could cause heart palps.

The mystery for my situation, is that my T3 uptake, while within range, is touching the top. However, my FTI or T7 is below range. This is puzzling. I would think that if T3 uptake is high, then FTI would be high also.

I have missed a couple days before of my cytomel, but the heart palps did not change in frequency. They often occur when I first stand up, or when I exercise. Sometimes when I am already up and walking around. When sitting resting is when they are least likely to occur.

spinn, thanks for the tip on gaba. I have some on hand and started taking it again today. Took 1500mg earlier today. I also order some l-theanine which supposedly increases gaba. I do suspect elevated catecholamines and/or sensitivity to them to be a factor in my irregular heart-beats.

punxweb

Awards
Phil, whats the state of your adrenals? Are you on HC? How much?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
A few months ago a PM cortisol test measured high. Don't recall the number. I suspect cortisol may be low in AM since it is really tough getting up for the day.

punxweb

Awards
Sounds like you need to get your adrenals in check before messing with the T3. From my understanding, T3 only meds require healthy and or well supported adrenals. T3 is hard on the adrenals. You may be doing more harm than good if you only try to fix thyroid without fixing the adrenals.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks punxweb, I'll start supporting my adrenals better.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
You got some good advice here... check thyroid and adrenals.

IMO your T level is fine, except at this level you're making a lot of E2, and this can cause problems (yes even palpitations). So you can reduce the T until your E2 comes down, or keep it and add an AI like arimidex. Indolplex/DIM isn't going to cut it. You should use a "sensitive" E2 test... its much more accurate for men. Also check DHT... this metabolite of testosterone is very potent and CAN over stimulate the nervous system. BTW I keep my T at 800-900 and E2~30 using 200iu HCG EOD + .25 arimidex E4D

punxweb

Awards
Signs and Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Tendency to gain weight and unable to lose it, especially around the waist.
High frequency of getting the flu and other respiratory diseases and these symptoms tend to last longer than usual.
Tendency to tremble when under pressure.
Reduced sex drive.
Lightheaded when rising from a laying down position.
Unable to remember things.
Lack of energy in the mornings and also in the afternoon between 3 to 5 pm.
Feel better suddenly for a brief period after a meal.
Often feel tired between 9 - 10 pm, but resist going to bed.
Need coffee or stimulants to get going in the morning.
Cravings for salty, fatty, and high protein food such as meat and cheese.
Increase symptoms of PMS for women; periods are heavy and then stop, or are almost stopped on the 4th day, only to start flow again on the 5th or 6th day.
Pain in the upper back or neck with no apparent reason.
Feels better when stress is relieved, such as on a vacation.
Difficulties in getting up in the morning
Lightheaded

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
LeanGuy, you're on hcg mono-therapy? I had wondered if that might be a good thing for me to try, but pessimistic that my T levels would get high enough from that due to my age and diabetes. So it could be the elevated E2 causing the palpitations? Makes sense, as my E2 has never tested that high. You don't think a lot of Dim would help, like 500-1000mg per day? :)

punxweb, I do have many of those symptoms. That confirms that adrenals are an issue.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
LeanGuy, you're on hcg mono-therapy? I had wondered if that might be a good thing for me to try, but pessimistic that my T levels would get high enough from that due to my age and diabetes. So it could be the elevated E2 causing the palpitations? Makes sense, as my E2 has never tested that high. You don't think a lot of Dim would help, like 500-1000mg per day? :)
Yep, monotherapy... I'm a good responder to HCG... at one point it took my T to 1500 and I had to reduce. You may be good on monotherapy, especially if you add in some arimidex because it increases your T by blocking conversion to E2.

punxweb

Awards
DIM does not lower E2 levels quickly. From what I have read, it typically takes 3 -4 weeks before E2 levels drop. With your E2 where it is at, you need to drop it quickly. Adex would be key.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 29
Anabolics 42
Anabolics 12
Punkrocker 35 and Older 8
Punkrocker 35 and Older 53