Normal nut size? SERM? Varicocele...

STM

Awards
I'm bringing back an old topic, with a new question.

I've got a smaller left nut, due to varicocele, and wondered if I'm making too big a deal of it. It's just over 4 cm long (2-2.5 cm wide) while the right is just over 5 cm long (3 cm wide).

Concerned because I'm a 27 year old, 6'1" 180 lb male who recently noticed a bit of a drop in libido. Still decent erection quality, but nocturnal and spontaneous erection way low, with longer time to get to that good erection quality.

My question - is that left nut too small?

Would a SERM (or Formadrol extreme) be a way to grow that left side, or does varicocele mean it's damaged and at its max?

I'll be having the surgery over the summer (can't do it sooner due to work) but would like to do something now to combat this problem, and not let it get worse before I remove this overgrown vein heating up my poor nut.

If I can do anything to start restoring the small side I want to start it now.

By the way, have some Sustain Alpha on hand but have been hesitant to use as I'm not sure it does any more than increase libido with any improvement to the amount of LH hitting my boys.

Thanks for any input. Very much appreciated.

blastedlooger

Awards
There isn't much you can do now. I had surgery on mine recently and it feels a lot better. I think I still have one big vein on the left but the one he got rid of made a huge difference.

Make sure you give you testicles good support when you are doing strenuous activity. No Boxers. Try to keep your testicles as cool as possible and if you take a warm shower at night ice your testicles before you go to sleep. put the ice in a rag or something so it isn't a direct application. Lay down as much as possible.

I wouldn't even try clomid until after. I'm actually debating whether or not I will even use clomid for mine. I have fatigue problems but it could make the issue worse.

STM

Awards
Did you have the same atrophy issues? Is that size difference normal, or due to atrophy?

Were you T levels tested before surgery, and hormonal symptoms you noticed.

Glad you were able to get the surgery, and at least dropped some pain. What procedure did you use?

jrvswim

Awards
I had the sublingual approach on March 4th 2010. So i am a little over a month out of surgery, i feel better but still def. am tender. The skin is completely healed over though.
One of my nuts is definitely smaller and softer, I am waiting/hopeing for regrowth, but as of this point I have not noticed any. My t levels are low as well, but my doctor said if i am going to get any improvement it will start coming around the 90 day mark. I'm not sure why 90 days though. I am 21 years old, will my testicle regrow, if yes over how long of a time period?

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i dont think a vein will "heat up" your nut.

as veins draw blood back to the heart.

STM

Awards
Don't Sweat the Varicocele til you need to!

I had the sublingual approach on March 4th 2010. So i am a little over a month out of surgery, i feel better but still def. am tender. The skin is completely healed over though.
One of my nuts is definitely smaller and softer, I am waiting/hopeing for regrowth, but as of this point I have not noticed any. My t levels are low as well, but my doctor said if i am going to get any improvement it will start coming around the 90 day mark. I'm not sure why 90 days though. I am 21 years old, will my testicle regrow, if yes over how long of a time period?
Hey man, sorry to get back at you so late. TRT at 21 is a scary thought, it could definitely get better after surgery, even with no regrowth the good leydig cells will operate more efficiently without varicocele around.

A key component to getting better is attitude, and a diet conducive to optimal function.

I think attitude is overlooked on a lot of the varicocele threads on this site. Attitude (or stress/anxiety) can wreak havoc on sleep and hormone (cortisol) levels. As you mess up your sleep, and raise your cortisol through sleep and anxiety, your creating a suppressive environment to your leydig cells and suppressing your Hypothalamic-Pituitary (HPTA) axis.

A double whammy on your T production, less LH from your HPTA and a sub-optimal environment in the testis.

Don't stress it, if you're T isn't so low that your functioning, know you can live a happy life at that level, and be happy if your T starts creeping up on you.

Foods/vitamins to promote a healthy hormonal system are:

Vitamin E (tocotrienol/tocopherol): Good for leydig cells and HPTA, I believe coconut oil is a good source of this, as well as many good supps.

Zinc/Magnesium: Before bed is a great time for this as magnesium helps with sleep, and both are needed for optimal testicular production.

Healthy fats: Fish oils, eggs, red meat are all needed. Your body used good cholesterol to make T.

Selenium: You'll get this in a multi.

Vitamin C: A common supplement, great for the adrenals.

Kelp/Spinach: Great to keep your thyroid functioning optimally. Many guys will tell you varicocele leads to a hypothyroid. I think a more likely answer is the stress guys put themselves under when they worry about their low T can lead to hypothyroid. Either way, Kelp has lots of iodine which is good for your thyroid health.

Resveratrol: For a libido and antioxidant boost, along with mild Estrogen reduction, this is a great product. Just make sure it's bio-available.

Maca: Another great overall health product, proven to raise libido and fertility in men (and women). This has a lot of the trace minerals mentioned above in it. I personally notice a boost in well being while taking Maca.
Research it though, it is good and bad for thyroid, if you have thyroid symptoms you'll want to make sure it'll help and not hurt the issue.

That's all for now.

Focus on a good sense of well being, keep working out, and ensure your diet (and attitude) are conducive to recovering the you that you want to be.

Remember, worst case scenario, you get on TRT and get shots weekly or bi-weekly, along with an AI and HCG. You'll feel great on that routine, and no more inconvenient than being diabetic. Just remember, that's a last resort as you're a young guy who's probably going to be just fine with the right diet, lifestyle and attitude!

If you've got questions let me know, lots of rambling going on in this post!