1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

trt and supps

just curious here. what type of suppps do people on trt run. i would assume a test booster is useless. what about the hgh supps etc?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%

DIM, liver support (generally a good idea when taking a number of any meds), blood pressure support. These are the main 3 I take regularly only because of TRT.

Then there's things like Methyl-Folate, methyl-b12, P5P, some hgh supps (mostly supps that increase dopamine like sam-e/p5p/ low dose deprenyl which is not a supp though).

Are you looking into TRT or full HRT?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    DIM, liver support (generally a good idea when taking a number of any meds), blood pressure support. These are the main 3 I take regularly only because of TRT.

Then there's things like Methyl-Folate, methyl-b12, P5P, some hgh supps (mostly supps that increase dopamine like sam-e/p5p/ low dose deprenyl which is not a supp though).

Are you looking into TRT or full HRT?
    trt within months or however long it takes to get all retesting done. just dont want to waste money on supps like test boosters etc when the time comes
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.58%

Nah no need for that stuff. Really the only supp that you might want to invest in is DIM. The rest is prescribed. Even BP support if needed.

But once you start treating one thing, there is a tendency to want to treat the overall picture, and more supps would come into play but they are not nearly as expensive as these bodybuilding supps / test boosters.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Nah no need for that stuff. Really the only supp that you might want to invest in is DIM. The rest is prescribed. Even BP support if needed.

But once you start treating one thing, there is a tendency to want to treat the overall picture, and more supps would come into play but they are not nearly as expensive as these bodybuilding supps / test boosters.
    What is DIM ?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.29%

Quote Originally Posted by jhodddy View Post
    What is DIM ?
    http://www.naturodoc.com/library/hor...olymethane.htm
    What is DIM, and how can it help hormones?

A. DIM is a phytonutrient (plant nutrient) found in cruciferous vegetables. These include cabbage, broccoli, bok choy, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, kohlrabi, mustard, rutabaga, and turnip. These plants have been cultivated for thousands of years and were initially used for their medicinal benefits. The connection between DIM and hormones like estrogen has to do with similar characteristics between them at the molecular level. DIM is not an estrogen or a hormone, but like estrogen it shares the common characteristic of being poorly soluble in water. Like estrogen, DIM can be metabolized only by a special class of cytochrome enzymes that reside in cell membranes in the non-water part of cells. It turns out that DIM, when consumed in food or in absorbable formulations, encourages its own metabolism. This special metabolic pathway for DIM, and the enzymes involved, precisely overlap with the pathway needed for healthy estrogen metabolism.

Stated simply, supplementing the diet with DIM specifically promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and helps restore a healthy hormonal balance.
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I pretty much stick to more health related supplements like fish oil and multivitamins than anything else, plus preworkout energy or pump stuff. Don't really use anything else.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.54%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I pretty much stick to more health related supplements like fish oil and multivitamins than anything else, plus preworkout energy or pump stuff. Don't really use anything else.
    I'm 24 and Ive already moved on from the whole preworkout supp thing. Just me.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    I'm 24 and Ive already moved on from the whole preworkout supp thing. Just me.
    Well, i'm 42, get minimal sleep and work out fasted first thing in the morning. If i didn't use preworkout stims like Black Cats and stuff like "Wake The Freak", i'd never make it through a workout

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle supps and PCT supps
    By gaijininjapan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
  2. Too many supps?
    By matthewr28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM
  3. HG Supps at 25?
    By BxGymRat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0