Conventional Varicocele surgery scheduled. - AnabolicMinds.com

Conventional Varicocele surgery scheduled.

1. New Member

Conventional Varicocele surgery scheduled.

I have surgery scheduled and I'm comfortable with the doctor because he is in my area and has done over 500 of these operations. He has also done the same operation on his own son so I think the procedure will go well.

I am however very worried about the scarring from the surgery. Has anyone had the conventional surgery and how bad was the scarring? He said it would be about 2 inches but I am known to get keloids and I really don't want a big scar in that area or anywhere on my body really.

What is the impact on the muscles since they cut through them?

It's not too late for me to back out but I need to have the surgery done anyways and this is the only convenient time for a while.

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by blastedlooger View Post
    I have surgery scheduled and I'm comfortable with the doctor because he is in my area and has done over 500 of these operations. He has also done the same operation on his own son so I think the procedure will go well.

I am however very worried about the scarring from the surgery. Has anyone had the conventional surgery and how bad was the scarring? He said it would be about 2 inches but I am known to get keloids and I really don't want a big scar in that area or anywhere on my body really.

What is the impact on the muscles since they cut through them?

It's not too late for me to back out but I need to have the surgery done anyways and this is the only convenient time for a while.

Thanks.
    I don't know if my procedure was 'conventional' or not but they had to cut me just about at the waistline for my underwear and seperate the underlying muscles to get at it. This was about 16 years ago already so the procedure may have changed. I didn't get stitches, just a piece of tape to keep the would closed and clean. The tape eventually falls off and the incision has had a chance to heal. I think I took about 4 weeks off from training. I can still remember, I did abs last and was quite hesitent about it. After completing one rep pain-free, I felt a lot better. Good Luck, I'm sure everything will be fine....
  3. New Member

I just got the surgery done today. My doctor did pretty much exactly what you described and I have the piece of tape over my wound. I think he only had to tie off one vein but I'll ask him more during my check up in two weeks. My dad said he told him only one was tied off or something. It hasn't been painful yet but there are local anestethics and whatever is leftover plus I'm on hydrocodone. The only pain is when I get up.

I had blood tests last year and my testosterone was low for my age. I have also been very fatigued as of late so I thought this might fix that as well as the pain and fertility problems it can cause in the future. I will update you guys on my fatigue as well because I know many of you have the same issues.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Hey I hope your recovery is going well. I had conventional inguinal surgery on 2-11-10 and Iím glad i went through with it (by the way i had grade 2 on the left and im 22 years old). You're probably experiencing a lot of swelling (or will in the near future).. my doc said to ice the effected testicle and incision for 20 min every 2 hours which worked for me (for at least a couple days).

Since surgery i have had a slight increase in libido and am finally having dreams again which is very nice. I went through with the surgery due to most of the symptoms described on the threads on this website. Low libido, loss of interest in things, fatigue, etc. What made me really commit to the surgery was 2 very poor sperm analysis results (I would like kids in the future).

I am waiting till May to do another sperm analysis and will debate at that time if I want to go on trt to increase my libido/mood/etc.. We will see.

Just take it east and donít strain yourself. And I would avoid masturbation/sex for at least 3 weeks..

Similar Forum Threads

1. TRT or Varicocele Surgery First?
    By monsterbox in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
  3. Emergency Room- will they perform varicocele surgery at the hospital?
    By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
  4. VARICOCELE how to persuade doctors to perform surgery?
    By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 06:26 AM