New Dr.

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%

New Dr.

So, had high hopes for my new primary care physician regarding my TRT, they did an initial test on me to see where my levels are at. Been off any medications for over a year. Total Test came back at 325 and TSH was 3.1,
    which according to the blood work results were in range So no more testing will be done.

Damn.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.94%

325 is not awful but yes it is low. The first question is where do you live and are you willin to travel?
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%

I live in Atlanta, I could travel - I was just hoping my new regular dr would take care of it so insurance would pick up part of it. I am more worried about my TSH then my Total Test at the moment. The range went for .something all the way up to 5. My last doc said anything over 3 was defined as hypothyroid given the latest standard. I should make an appointment and just go see dr. john I guess.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.94%

tsh doesnt really indicate anything, t3 and t4 must be tested, if you thyroid isnt working all the tsh in the world wont help.

sorry you have to fgiht your dr thats never fun
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    tsh doesnt really indicate anything, t3 and t4 must be tested, if you thyroid isnt working all the tsh in the world wont help.

sorry you have to fgiht your dr thats never fun
    Thanks. Exactly, but my previous dr just ran the entire panel, and the active t3 and t4 were low and he said you could tell that by the tsh given the new guidlines.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thanks. Exactly, but my previous dr just ran the entire panel, and the active t3 and t4 were low and he said you could tell that by the tsh given the new guidlines.
    sorry but that is not correct. TSH is the signal your brain sends the thyroid to prpduce hormones. If for some reason, your thyroid isnt working properly, no amount of tsh will matter. Therefore tsh just doesnt tell you much.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.99%

You can get blood tests at Labcorp cheap when going through privatemdlabs.com.

Your T is on the low end. Are you having hypo-gonadal symptoms? It would help to know what your LH is, to see if gonads are getting enough signal from the pituitary.

You may be able to nudge your T up (and help thyroid) by supplementing with zinc and vitamin D3 if they are low. Add in some copper (taken at different times) if you supp with zinc.