HRT Question? Testosterone cypionate

jlw988

Awards
Had Bloodwork done last week due to lack of motivation, energy, sex drive etc. My test levels 377 ng/dl. Im 28 yrs old, never done aas. I have done 1 cycle of RPN's Havoc 1 yr ago. Are these levels low for a 28 yrd old male in your opinion. Doc gave me test cypionate 200cc per week until I could get an appt with endocrinoligist and referred me to endocrinoligist. Should I be concerned with some type of pct following this or is it something I should just wait and talk with the endocrinologist about. In the mean time I'm planning to work out like hell and enjoy the benefits of increased test for the next 4 weeks until i find out if this is going to be temporary or permanant. Hopefully temp as I hope that i can figure out what exactly are causing my test levels to be lower than norm.
Anyway my question is 377 ng/dl low for a 28 yr old. and should I be concerned with pct if this is only temporary?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

legbuh

Awards
What time of the day was the blood taken? Did you drink the night before? 200cc a week of what mg test?

jlw988

Awards
No I havent had any alcohol in over 3 years, blood test were taken around 3 pm. 2
200cc 2000 mg test. cypionate. Test levels may not be my problem but my syptoms closely resemble low t symptoms, loss of sex drive, increased weight gain(bodyfat) with little to no change in diet. intensity at work and at gym have declined steadily over the last 9 months or so. I must say however that About a year ago i accepted a promotion at work. my stress levels have increased, and I'm working more hours. but I make sure to get between 6-8 hours of sleep every night and eat "for the most part" a clean diet. I suppose it could be anything from thyroid to psychological. i really have no idea. 377 is normal by most charts i've seen but for someone my age 600-800 sounds more reasonable.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
do not see an endo they are awful, and more importantly fire your dr he is really hurting you and this could shut you down, your numbers are not that bad and could stem from a million causes, this could really hurt you.

Did I mention, run as fast as you can from your dr. If it were me I would file a complaint against him, he should not be licensed.

jlw988

Awards
do not see an endo they are awful, and more importantly fire your dr he is really hurting you and this could shut you down, your numbers are not that bad and could stem from a million causes, this could really hurt you.

Did I mention, run as fast as you can from your dr. If it were me I would file a complaint against him, he should not be licensed.
Thanks for the advice, Given the fact that I've already had I shot of of the test. what exactly to do now if I decide not to continue with. Is PCT neccesary at this point. or will stopping now without pct be fine in this situation?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
one shot shouldnt hurt you.

It works like this, when you take testosterone, your body senses it already has enough and shuts down its own production of it. If that goes on long enough, your body will not produce it and you will have to be on it for life.

If you really do need it, a first treatment would be hcg, which stimulates your natural production.

It seems like this may be thyroid or adrenal related; take you temperature for a few days and that will indicate if that is the case. Do that 3 times a day.

And I was serious about a new dr, he should not of done that.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
You've got cc and mg confused. If one takes 200cc of testosterone at one time that would equal death.

Testosterone Cypionate typically comes in a strength of 200mg per ml. ML and CC are interchangeable, therefore one CC would give you a dose of 200MG. A normal starting dose of 100MG per week is what many doctors start their patients on, and some start at 50mg. 100mg will put most men in the upper half of the normal range.

*Your doc is an idiot for giving you twice that amount to start.*

Your doc is a double idiot for giving you any at all if he didn't test your LH and FSH first to see whether you are primary or secondary hypo-gonadal.

. Doc gave me test cypionate 200cc per week

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
You've got cc and mg confused. If one takes 200cc of testosterone at one time that would equal death.

Testosterone Cypionate typically comes in a strength of 200mg per ml. ML and CC are interchangeable, therefore one CC would give you a dose of 200MG. A normal starting dose of 100MG per week is what many doctors start their patients on, and some start at 50mg. 100mg will put most men in the upper half of the normal range.

*Your doc is an idiot for giving you twice that amount to start.*

Your doc is a double idiot for giving you any at all if he didn't test your LH and FSH first to see whether you are primary or secondary hypo-gonadal.

Your doctor really does just suck.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lord seems like everyone is nuts in here. 200mg is a high, but not insane dose for trt. Some doctors only inject once every 2 weeks, and so injecting 200mg isn't even high. Whether HCG would have made sense for treatment or not depends on your LH levels. if they were normal, and your test was still low, it would be moronic for a doctor to treat you with HCG.

So listen to the professionals rather than random anonymous internet people, but also do research on what the dr tells you, and ask questions.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
lord seems like everyone is nuts in here. 200mg is a high, but not insane dose for trt. Some doctors only inject once every 2 weeks, and so injecting 200mg isn't even high. Whether HCG would have made sense for treatment or not depends on your LH levels. if they were normal, and your test was still low, it would be moronic for a doctor to treat you with HCG.

So listen to the professionals rather than random anonymous internet people, but also do research on what the dr tells you, and ask questions.
what part of he was not low is confusing to you? If he were to continue this treatment he would shut down and there would be no way to test for lh or fsh. This professional should be in jail, after he surrenders his license and every penny he has ever earned.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what part of he was not low is confusing to you? If he were to continue this treatment he would shut down and there would be no way to test for lh or fsh. This professional should be in jail, after he surrenders his license and every penny he has ever earned.
He is low. a sub 400 without AAS usage is low for his age. I'd bet money he already been tested for LH + FSH and he just didn't post the numbers.

You are just psycho over drs after your craziness over your GHB addiction, and obviously have something against doctors.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
He is low. a sub 400 without AAS usage is low for his age. I'd bet money he already been tested for LH + FSH and he just didn't post the numbers.

You are just psycho over drs after your craziness over your GHB addiction, and obviously have something against doctors.

GH addiction hiuh? here is why I am mad at drs

"Greenwich, CT, February 8, 2010 - On Monday, February 1, 2010, the Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal sent a letter to the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) expressing “concern” over “improper voting procedures” used by the IDSA in the Lyme guidelines review voting process. The IDSA may soon approve hearing determinations based on this improper voting procedure. The Attorney General requested that the IDSA redo the vote to comply with the Settlement Agreement.

Read more: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/connecticut-attorney-general-charges-idsa,1155030.shtml#ixzz0h7whbw5C

I nearly died from this.

and here"

“I’m sorry to have to tell you this,” the police lieutenant said in an even voice, “but we found your sister dead this afternoon. We have reason to believe it was a suicide. We’re here with your mother now.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30725967

the op was not tested, you are going to die at the hands of a doctor if your beliefs are genuine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GH addiction hiuh? here is why I am mad at drs

"Greenwich, CT, February 8, 2010 - On Monday, February 1, 2010, the Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal sent a letter to the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) expressing “concern” over “improper voting procedures” used by the IDSA in the Lyme guidelines review voting process. The IDSA may soon approve hearing determinations based on this improper voting procedure. The Attorney General requested that the IDSA redo the vote to comply with the Settlement Agreement.

Read more: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/connecticut-attorney-general-charges-idsa,1155030.shtml#ixzz0h7whbw5C

I nearly died from this.

and here"

“I’m sorry to have to tell you this,” the police lieutenant said in an even voice, “but we found your sister dead this afternoon. We have reason to believe it was a suicide. We’re here with your mother now.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30725967

the op was not tested, you are going to die at the hands of a doctor if your beliefs are genuine.
Just keep your psychoses to yourself please.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Just keep your psychoses to yourself please.

That is from the connecticut attornrey general not me.

yours is such a desperate cry for help, I wish you good luck with that.

M261

Awards
377 ng/dl at mid afternoon is very average (even for your age); was this a anti-aging Dr.? Most regular Dr.'s would have at least had a second test (along with LH and FSH) done to rule out a possible one-time anomoly. The test should also be done in the morning.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
No I havent had any alcohol in over 3 years, blood test were taken around 3 pm. 2
200cc 2000 mg test. cypionate. Test levels may not be my problem but my syptoms closely resemble low t symptoms, loss of sex drive, increased weight gain(bodyfat) with little to no change in diet. intensity at work and at gym have declined steadily over the last 9 months or so. I must say however that About a year ago i accepted a promotion at work. my stress levels have increased, and I'm working more hours. but I make sure to get between 6-8 hours of sleep every night and eat "for the most part" a clean diet. I suppose it could be anything from thyroid to psychological. i really have no idea. 377 is normal by most charts i've seen but for someone my age 600-800 sounds more reasonable.
700-800 sounds more reasonable,

but important is BAT bioavailabletestosterone

BAT depends on SHBG & TT & Albumin

if your SHBG is not within (15-25) look deep, that is a sign of other important issues, besides low testosterone.

If your Albumin is not (4.2-4.4)
look deeper.
Clean diet is in the eye of a beholder.

gottabecool

Awards
Your test is highest in the morning, when you should have been tested....don't get another shot, wait awhile for you to normalize again, and get re-tested. I had to do it too....But I am 233TT @ 6am :(

Save your nuts if you can, that treatment should be our last resort.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Including HCG as part of TRT will help preserve the coconuts.