Delayed onset muscle soreness!!

lucky

Awards
OK here is the main problem that I have been experiencing for some time now. I am on TRT and test levels r at 900, E2 is at medium level of normal range. Thyroid and adrenals r in normal range. I am having a very hard time recovering from my lifting workouts. I have also been experiencing ED. I'm 54 and also use HCG 250 ius twice a week. I have been taking 4 days off between my workouts because of delayed muscle fatigue. The day after I lift my muscles r fatigued which I expect and by the second day of recovery I start feeling real good, muscles r full and tight. But by the third day my problems start, muscles lose fullness and joints start aching. Day 4 I feel about the same instead of being nice and tight and still can't workout or I will feel like I've overtrained and can't get a pump! This is driving me nuts and I've been to several Drs. and they all say that my blood tests show that I should feel great, even though I don't!! Do I just accept the fact that I am getting old and can't recover from my workouts or could there b a real reason for this? Any thoughts would b appreciated!!!

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
i have been experiencing great recovery from a blend of carnitines. I am doing 1g of alcar, 1g of lclt and 1g of plcar, 2-3 times a day. Most of time time its using bulk, but when my schedule doesnt permit, I pop 4 Quadracarns from Beverly Int. Also added more aminos pre/intra/post workout, and everytime I take the carnitines I include some aminos (a dose of AminoVol from NxLabs or Mass Aminos form BevInt too).

hope it helps

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Give us a rundown of your training days, reps/sets/lifts/length of time spent at gym..

spinn

Awards
  • Established
so basically your complaint is your joints are sore and you cant get a pump sometimes??

I would consider some sort of therapy for anxiety, or just give up and stop working out.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Try cissus quadrangularis for joint health. Been used for thousands of years in India. It helped my tendonitis. Also, carnitines as rxp1997 suggested. Get both acetyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine and take 1-2grams of each per day. You can get them cheap as stand-alones. Combo products are often highway robbery. Vitacost is good, also the site below:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=S2-1011 (for the Cissus)

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention, even with E2 ok, your joints may still be a little dry. Supplement with fish oil.