Pain at injection site (glutes)

six20aus

Awards
Hey all
Been on TRT for coming on five years. I go to my clinic and get one of the nurses to inject me with Sustanon250 every 10-12 days using a 21-gauge needle (yes I know this might seem outdated - I am in Australia and we are a bit behind when it comes to androgens). I take half an Arimidex tablet weekly and its enough to keep my Estrogen in check.

Problem is last 3 injections have been PAINFUL. Like a burning sensation like someone stuck a red hot iron in my @rse. Spoke to my Dr about it (she did one of the injections) and she said she felt scar tissue buildup and thats why its getting painful.

It never hurt like that before - has anybody else experienced this ? Any advice ? We talked about trying the quads but I've heard thats really painful on its own anyway ? Had to laugh as I read this back - I'm not a sissy.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the needle is HUGE!!! , that would scare the crap outta me.

but sust usually leaves me estremely sore,

i would try to ask her to do delt, or quad, both you use a lot, so oil may dissapte faster.

i was able to do 2mL in my delt with hardly pain. The sorness cam about after like 2 days and slightly there after 4. but much better then glute shots

six20aus

Awards
Yer its a big needle but its never been any problem and most Drs and nurses dont like sitting there for ten minutes for the oil to go through the needle so my doc started using the 21 gauge because she thought it would be LESS intrusive with the oil moving freely into the muscle and it has worked - I normally just feel a little prick but no pain but lately its really bad...Its not sore the next day and there's no swelling or anything so its not an infection or anything like that.

Does anyone else have scar tissue that causes the injection to be so painful ?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
That is archaic! If they're in that big of a hurry, let them draw it with whatever large pipe they want, then stick a smaller needle on the syringe. Tell them you'd like to go light on the scar tissue, and will spot them the extra 50 cents for the cost. Better yet, tell them you'd like to self-inject, then buy yourself 27g, or even 31g stickers.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have scar tissue in my glute, may hold on to the oil and cause the problem.