On TRT. Getting bloodwork next week. What to ask for?

vudoo

Awards
I've been on test cyp for almost 2 months. Doc wants bloodwork after 2 months of treatment. She only checked off Testosterone. I'm curious about all the other stuff like Estradiol, RBC, cholesterol. What else should I ask for?
Still searching the forum. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
I am also interested in the amswer to this question, Thanks

Inquirer

Awards
The full male hormone panel sounds good, of course (for one thing, you want to make sure your estradiol hasn't been creeping up with the testosterone). Also, how about a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel with a Complete Blood Count and Differential (something like a CMP14+LP+5AC+CBC/D/Plt)? This will give you something like maybe 30 or 40 different blood factors, including fasting glucose, basic cholesterol panel, liver enzymes, hemoglobin, white blood count, platelets, etc. This sounds like a lot, but it's just a simple blood draw, and generally cheaper than the hormones. Doc may have been assuming this one, and just checked the testosterone box as an addition to it. (A TSH -- thyroid - might not be bad to throw in with the other hormones, as well -- it's fairly cheap, too.) Just thinking out loud.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
TSH by itself is practically worthless, unless it's wildly low or high, at which point its worth lies in indicating to test further. Best to test correctly from the get-go.

For proper thyroid testing you need at least Free T3 and T4, Total T3 and T4, RT3, TPO, and TgAb.

vudoo

Awards
ah wtf she "does not check estradiol for men." and won't do it for me wtf.

Bryce720

Awards
Sounds like you need to find a new doc. I would run CBC, Differential, TSH, T3, T4, Free T3, Free T4, RT3, Ferritin, Tpo, Tgab, Test, Free Test, Estrodial, SHBG. From what I have learned thus far, I think that would be a good start.