Old Blood Test Results

iDShaDoW

Awards
I had just turned 25 when this blood work was done (gonna be 27 in a few months). Full-time student now with no insurance so won't be able to get more bloodwork done for at least another 2 years assuming I'm able to find work with benefits right out of school.

Never done any cycles or anything like that. Usually feel pretty tired throughout the day and especially upon waking (who doesn't though I suppose). Being a hypochondriac and all I think it might be adrenal fatigue if not just my own pure laziness. :squint: Once I get started I can usually push through the fatigue feeling and get it done but otherwise I've felt better.

I know the blood test stuff I got done was pretty limited (didn't know enough to ask for lots of other specific things so this is pretty much standard check-up stuff beyond me requesting the testosterone and thyroid testing).

So let's say that I was considering some sort of cycle (at least a year from now when I'm able to put on some more natural weight) would it be okay to use these numbers as a base line comparison for any bloodwork that I might be able to get post PCT? Or would 3-4 years at my age allow the possibility of big changes in numbers assuming no major lifestyle changes (non-smoker, little to moderate cardio, getting back into weight training, fairly clean diet, etc.)?

Any other general things that I might want to take note of or pay attention to that shows in these results (ie. dietary, etc.)?

I know it's a long post so I appreciate you guys taking a look and helping me out.

CBC With Differential/Platelet
-WBC 6.8 x10E3/uL (4.0-10.5)
-RBC 5.39 x10E6/uL (4.10-5.60)
-Hemoglobin 16.0 g/dL (12.5-17.0)
-Hematocrit 47.7 % (36.0-50.0)
-MCV 88 fL (80-98)
-MCH 29.7 pg (27.0-34.0)
-MCHC 33.7 g/dL (32.0-36.0)
-RDW 13.5 % (11.7-15.0)
-Platelets 217 x10E3/uL (140-415)
-Neutrophils 62 % (40-74)
-Lymphs 30 % (14-46)
-Monocytes 6 % (4-13)
-Eos 2 % (0-7)
-Basos 0 % (0-3)
-Neutrophils (Absolute) 4.2 x10E3/uL (1.8-7.8)
-Lymphs (Absolute) 2.0 x10E3/uL (0.7-4.5)
-Monocytes (Absolute) 0.4 x10E3/uL (0.1-1.0)
-Eos (Absolute) 0.1 x10E3/uL (0.0-0.4)
-Baso (Absolute) 0.0 x10E3/uL (0.0-0.2)

Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
-Glucose, Serum 87 mg/dL (65-99)
-BUN 15 mg/dL (5-26)
-Creatinine, Serum 1.37 mg/dL (0.50-1.50)
-Glom Filt Rate, Est >60 mL/min (60-137)
-BUN/Creatinine Ratio 11 (8-27)
-Sodium, Serum 144 mmol/L (135-145)
-Potassium, Serum 5.4 High mmol/L (3.5-5.2)
-Chloride, Serum 105 mmol/L (97-108)
-Carbon Dioxide, Total 26 mmol/L (20-32)
-Calcium, Serum 10.5 mg/dL (8.5-10.6)
-Protein, Total, Serum 7.6 g/dL (6.0-8.5)
-Albumin, Serum 4.7 g/dL (3.5-5.5)
-Globulin, Total 2.9 g/dL (1.5-4.5)
-A/G Ratio 1.6 (1.1-2.5)
-Bilirubin, Total 0.5 mg/dL (0.1-2.5)
-Alkaline Phosphatase, S 81 IU/L (25-150)
-AST (SGOT) 22 IU/L (0-40)
-ALT (SGPT) 31 IU/L (0-55)

Lipid Panel
-Cholesterol, Total 208 High mg/dL (100-199)
-Triglycerides 112 mg/dL (0-149)
-HDL Cholesterol 44 mg/dL (40-59)
-VLDL Cholesterol Cal 22 mg/dL (5-40)
-LDL Cholesterol Calc 142 High mg/dL (0-99)

Testosterone, Free and Total
-Testosterone, Serum 598 ng/dL (241-827)
-Free Testosterone (Direct) 17.8 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)

TSH 2.294 uIU/mL (0.350-5.500)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I had just turned 25 when this blood work was done (gonna be 27 in a few months). Full-time student now with no insurance so won't be able to get more bloodwork done for at least another 2 years assuming I'm able to find work with benefits right out of school.

Never done any cycles or anything like that. Usually feel pretty tired throughout the day and especially upon waking (who doesn't though I suppose). Being a hypochondriac and all I think it might be adrenal fatigue if not just my own pure laziness. :squint: Once I get started I can usually push through the fatigue feeling and get it done but otherwise I've felt better.

I know the blood test stuff I got done was pretty limited (didn't know enough to ask for lots of other specific things so this is pretty much standard check-up stuff beyond me requesting the testosterone and thyroid testing).

So let's say that I was considering some sort of cycle (at least a year from now when I'm able to put on some more natural weight) would it be okay to use these numbers as a base line comparison for any bloodwork that I might be able to get post PCT? Or would 3-4 years at my age allow the possibility of big changes in numbers assuming no major lifestyle changes (non-smoker, little to moderate cardio, getting back into weight training, fairly clean diet, etc.)?

Any other general things that I might want to take note of or pay attention to that shows in these results (ie. dietary, etc.)?

I know it's a long post so I appreciate you guys taking a look and helping me out.

CBC With Differential/Platelet
-WBC 6.8 x10E3/uL (4.0-10.5)
-RBC 5.39 x10E6/uL (4.10-5.60)
-Hemoglobin 16.0 g/dL (12.5-17.0)
-Hematocrit 47.7 % (36.0-50.0)
-MCV 88 fL (80-98)
-MCH 29.7 pg (27.0-34.0)
-MCHC 33.7 g/dL (32.0-36.0)
-RDW 13.5 % (11.7-15.0)
-Platelets 217 x10E3/uL (140-415)
-Neutrophils 62 % (40-74)
-Lymphs 30 % (14-46)
-Monocytes 6 % (4-13)
-Eos 2 % (0-7)
-Basos 0 % (0-3)
-Neutrophils (Absolute) 4.2 x10E3/uL (1.8-7.8)
-Lymphs (Absolute) 2.0 x10E3/uL (0.7-4.5)
-Monocytes (Absolute) 0.4 x10E3/uL (0.1-1.0)
-Eos (Absolute) 0.1 x10E3/uL (0.0-0.4)
-Baso (Absolute) 0.0 x10E3/uL (0.0-0.2)

Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
-Glucose, Serum 87 mg/dL (65-99)
-BUN 15 mg/dL (5-26)
-Creatinine, Serum 1.37 mg/dL (0.50-1.50)
-Glom Filt Rate, Est >60 mL/min (60-137)
-BUN/Creatinine Ratio 11 (8-27)
-Potassium, Serum 5.4 High mmol/L (3.5-5.2)
-Carbon Dioxide, Total 26 mmol/L (20-32)
-Calcium, Serum 10.5 mg/dL (8.5-10.6)
-Protein, Total, Serum 7.6 g/dL (6.0-8.5)
-Globulin, Total 2.9 g/dL (1.5-4.5)
-A/G Ratio 1.6 (1.1-2.5)
-Bilirubin, Total 0.5 mg/dL (0.1-2.5)
-Alkaline Phosphatase, S 81 IU/L (25-150)
-AST (SGOT) 22 IU/L (0-40)
-ALT (SGPT) 31 IU/L (0-55)

Lipid Panel
-LDL Cholesterol Calc 142 High mg/dL (0-99)

-Testosterone, Serum 598 ng/dL (241-827)

TSH 2.294 uIU/mL (0.350-5.500)
Hemoglobin 16.0 g/dL (12.5-17.0)
Glucose, Serum 87 mg/dL (65-99)
-Potassium, Serum 5.4 High mmol/L (3.5-5.2)---------------------------------------------
-Calcium, Serum 10.5 mg/dL (8.5-10.6)------------------------------------------------------

-LDL Cholesterol Calc 142 High mg/dL (0-99)---------------------------------------------

-Testosterone, Serum 598 ng/dL (241-827)----------------------------------------------

TSH 2.294 uIU/mL (0.350-5.500)------------------------------------------------------------
============================================================

High potassium
You probably have low aldosterone and low cortisol and need to correct that.
Likely by use of Cortef and Florinef.

Your sluggishness can be explained that way.

===================================

The kidneys normally remove excess potassium from the body. Most cases of hyperkalemia are caused by disorders that reduce the kidneys' ability to get rid of potassium.This may result from disorders such as:
Acute kidney failure
Chronic kidney failure
Glomerulonephritis
Obstructive uropathy
Rejection of a kidney transplant
The hormone aldosterone regulates kidney removal of sodium and potassium. Lack of aldosterone can result in hyperkalemia with an increase in total body potassium. Addison's disease is one disorder that causes reduced aldosterone production.

==============================================================================================

calcium high, within range

I suggest checking parathyroid hormone, also PSA and FreePSA

===============================================================================================
High LDL
I suggest 600mg RedYeastRice, NowFood- DHA-500, 4 tabs/day

========================================================
-Testosterone, Serum 598 ng/dL

unless you have real low SHBG (which would not be good on its own), your have rather low testosterone
my 72yo friend have much more (naturally)
===============================================================================================
TSH 2.294

hard to say without more labs, but anything over 2 is always little suspect

===========================

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF ANY CYCLING
ANY STEROIDS
YOU ARE ALREADY HIGHLY SUSPECT in couple areas.
===============================================

You are not lazy, you need help.

///

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, how are your eating and sleeping habits, or how were they I should say... Dont cycle. you may be a grad student and i know how hard it is to eat/sleep and train right, but it is possible; it takes more effort.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Eating habits could definitely be better, used to be a lot of fast food and junk food (which explains the semi-high HDL cholesterol levels). I've cleaned up my diet quite a bit and managed to put on a bit of weight compared to where I was at before even though I know I'm still pretty damn skinny. At times though I still eat fast food just because schedule and everything is hectic.

Sleep could be better. I try to aim for at least 6-8 hours a night (not always the same time of night everyday either ie. don't always sleep from 12am - 8am) but don't always get it. Sometimes sleep doesn't come easy, and when it does, it's not deep sleep and if something interrupts my sleep (which isn't hard) I'm pretty much hosed and won't have much luck getting back to sleep. Often wake up feeling fairly fatigued or with a headache of some sort that goes away after I've been up for 15-20 minutes.

Don't really know if these are indicative of something else but I often have very dry eyes, REALLY dry when I wake up and can be fairly dry throughout the day but I stay away from stuff like Visine since I hear it just makes things worse over the long haul.

Sometimes I can also notice my heart beating very strongly. I can be laying down watching TV or something and if I place the control on my stomach, I can literally see the control thumping up and down rhythmically. Also feel it strongly enough in the back of my neck and head where I can swear it's like making my head move slightly too with each beat. I mentioned this to the doctor but she blew it off and said it's normal.

The doctor who did the blood tests said my TSH seemed fine although now that I see the lab results it says "Adult TSH concentrations below 5.5 uIU/mL do not rule out the presence of subclinical hypothyroidism".

I looked up cortef and florinef and those are prescription drugs. Are there any effective OTC alternatives that I can look into that aren't crazy expensive? I'm on a very limited budget (pretty much living off my credit cards until I can get more Stafford loans each semester to pay off the credit cards then loading them back up).

As for the Red Yeast Rice, if I picked up a bottle or two of those and just upped the cardio, I could stop buying Red Yeast Rice to keep taking long-term right? Like, would the Red Yeast Rice just speed up the lowering of HDL levels and once they're down, the continued cardio and improved eating choices will eliminate the need for it right?

Really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out. For a long while now I've just been chugging along knowing that I've definitely felt better. Didn't know whether to mark it off as part of getting a bit older or if there might be some other underlying health issues going on.

Gonna go try to pass out now, it's almost 2:30AM and I've been up doing a bunch of class work.

Edit: Holy ****, just posted and saw that this is like a short essay...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
It is not ging to be easy to go thru college the way you are now.
Bad sleeping, high potassium, iffy calcium, iffy testosterone
-----------------------------------------------------
is good about you, do not screw about it.
-------------------------------------------------
You have problem with your adrenals and it is not going to go away with OTC drugs.
You have to find a proper doctor.
If you can make it to dr John, the best.
Otherwise I suggest doc that deals at least with
adrenals
thyroid
sex hormones

osteopath should be better than MD.
Endo should be the right type, (theoretically), but usually the specialize in diabetics.

You will need extensive testing, blood, urine, couple MRI's.
accurate diagnosis and medicines

It will be hard without insurance and money.
Consider Social Services (Welfare).

/////////////////////////

You can eat 600mg/day RedYeastRice, that should lower your LDL.

Emphasize fatty meats, fish, eggs, fats.
Stay away (or de-emphaisze sugar, grains, potato, high GI food), your glucose is already rather high for 25yo.
Drink only tap water.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
iDShaDoW, for your pounding heart symptom take 800mg of magnesium-citrate an hour before going to bed. It will help calm your heart muscle and allow you to sleep better.

Don't neglect eye drops for your dry eyes, unless you want damage for your corneas.
You don't have to buy the medicated drops, in fact those are not good as you surmised. Get the natural-tears type stuff. I buy the generic at Walmart, it's cheap.

Your dry eyes may be thyroid related. You need to have your thyroid properly accessed with your TSH being above 2.0.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
I have a question...I was put on HRT about 3 months ago (50mgs of testim per day) because my test level was 100. I was on a lot of gear just over 11 months ago but have been clean since, totally clean as a whistle. This past friday my endo did bloodwork and called me this morning to tell me to discontinue the testim because my test level was now 1100 and to come back in 1 month for more bloodwork. This seems strange to me.... won't my levels just drop off again? and does the increase I had seem a bit much? not sure if I should seek out another endo or what. Any input would be appreciated

spinn

Awards
  • Established
phil216 I would start a new thread, then call your dr and scream at him. Cutting someone off cold turkey is cruel and wrong. Having little or no T is more dangerous than having too much. If you are shut down you will have none in a few days, get a new dr.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
My doc thinks the reason for the high levels is that my body started producing again. I find that odd since I was on HRT which means I was taking in an exogeneous (spelling) source of testosterone. I really do not want to have my levels drop off to nothing again.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Been busy with exams this week.

I'll look into the Red Yeast Rice and Magnesium-citrate.

Do you think once I've been supplementing the magnesium-citrate for awhile, will it help with the pounding heart symptoms during the daytime even if I'm just taking it before bed?

Also, any other supplements you guys might recommend based on some of the symptoms I have?

I'm only taking multi-vitamin, flax oil, and protein.