Ideal blood tests for low testosterone and HCG.

ColtSSBR

Awards
Ideal blood tests for low testosterone and HCG.* Updated Blood Test

Hello,
There are many individuals here experiencing issues similar to my own, and I have seen a tremendous amount of information on this site relating to blood tests. I have a follow up appointment next week and was wondering what all of you feel is a solid test panel that should cover most of the areas of concern.

To elaborate, I was recently prescribed HCG and currently I am on 1ML (2000IU) EOD (this is week 4). This was prescribed to me specifically for my test levels being right around 300 (I’m 34). My symptoms are extreme tiredness, low sex drive, diminished mood, and also horrible recuperation from exercise- which I would wake in pain several times nightly.

Prior to being prescribed HCG, I completed a 5 week cycle of Finaflex after hearing how good it was from several friends. During this cycle, I felt great and put on about 10+ lbs of lean muscle. Upon completion, I had a proper PCT and slowly returned to my normal low test level and other negative issues.

The blood work that I have had is not very well thought out and really only lists my testosterone level results, which I see from this site is severely lacking.

Can someone post what they believe to be a complete list of tests that I can take with me to my next appointment to get a solid indicator of how I’m doing?

Last edited:

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
2000 HCG EOD is WAY too much. There are only so many receptors that can be stimulated, so the extra is being wasted. More importantly that high of a dose is going to elevate Estradiol. Plus, you want to burn out or desensitize your receptors?

What kind of quack prescribed you that much?

250iu EOD should be enough to raise your testosterone to normal levels if your gonads are capable of responding normally. Did they test your LH and FSH before prescribing HCG? If not, they are double quacks.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
3 --------- VAP TM Cholesterol Test (10270X)
4 --------- Selenium, Whole Blood (4875W)
5 --------- Copper, serum
6 --------- Zinc
7 --------- Magnesium, Serum (622X)
8 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF - (17401X)
9 --------- Fibrinogen
10 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
11 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
12 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity (7573X) - (356N)
13 --------- Iron, Total (571X) - (24984P)
14 --------- Ferritin (457X) - (22764P)
15 --------- Transferrin (891X) - (30346P)
16 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit - (1768N)
17 --------- Hemoglobin A1c (496X) - (45484P)
18 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma (514X) - (7211P)
19 --------- VITAMIN A, E, B3, B12
20 --------- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy, LC/MS/MS - (17306X)
21 --------- T3, Total (859X)
22 --------- T4, Total (Thyroxine)
23 --------- T3, Free
24 --------- T4,Free
25 --------- T3, Reverse (967X)
26 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
27 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)
28 --------- Insulin, serum
29 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
30 --------- IGF-1
31 --------- DHEA Sulfate 402X
32 --------- Aldosterone
33 --------- Renin Activity, Plasma
34 --------- ACTH, Plasma
35 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin) (37371X)
36 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total, LC/MS/MS (37077X)
37 --------- Prolactin - (746X)
38 --------- Progesterone, LC/MS/MS 17183X
39 --------- Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X) 28373P
40 --------- Androstenedione, LC/MS/MS - (17182X)
41 --------- Estradiol [4021X](13- 54 pg/mL)
42 --------- Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)
43 --------- Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
44 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
45 --------- 3a-Androstanediol Glucuronide
46 --------- Ceruloplasmin (326X)
47 --------- Coenzyme Q10 (198268)
48 ---------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ColtSSBR

Awards
2000 HCG EOD is WAY too much. There are only so many receptors that can be stimulated, so the extra is being wasted. More importantly that high of a dose is going to elevate Estradiol. Plus, you want to burn out or desensitize your receptors?

What kind of quack prescribed you that much?

250iu EOD should be enough to raise your testosterone to normal levels if your gonads are capable of responding normally. Did they test your LH and FSH before prescribing HCG? If not, they are double quacks.
Nope, no LH or FSH tests.
I've actually been informed by several individuals that this level of HCG is fairly normal when one is initally prescribed HCG for test level issues.

Not saying this is 100% the best approach but that's what the doc ordered right now.

Follow up in a few days.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,
Thank you!
This is complete script, just ask your doc to sign it on the bottom.
It is meant for Quest Diagnostics laboratory.
Make sure that you go to Quest to give blood.
Go around 7:30Am
Make appointment over internet.
You will have to come again around 3:25PM
They usually close lab at 3:30
If you lucky they will help you arrange third, evening, draw somewhere in you area. If not, let it go.

ColtSSBR

Awards
Labs

This is exactly what I needed.
Thanks very much!

ColtSSBR

Awards
This is complete script, just ask your doc to sign it on the bottom.
It is meant for Quest Diagnostics laboratory.
Make sure that you go to Quest to give blood.
Go around 7:30Am
Make appointment over internet.
You will have to come again around 3:25PM
They usually close lab at 3:30
If you lucky they will help you arrange third, evening, draw somewhere in you area. If not, let it go.

JanSz,
Is the blood work panel you listed simply printed out, the doc signs it, and then take it to Quest? Or does he have to put it on an "official request" and then take it?

Thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,
Is the blood work panel you listed simply printed out, the doc signs it, and then take it to Quest? Or does he have to put it on an "official request" and then take it?

Thanks
Make sure that doc put his name on top and signs on the bottom, that is it.

If he starts translating that list and fill up some requests forms, he will spend lots of time, get nervous half way thru, you will get screwed.

The only thing that may not fit exactly your case, are the ICD-9 codes on the bottom. Do not worry about them. There is enough of them there, to make sure that insurance would pay for this list.

If you want, you may add to that list

LH
FSH
PSA
PSA-Free

===========================

Again,
this list is made for use by Quest Diagnostics Laboratory (best choice).
Blood drawn at Quest (not at doc's office).

If you cannot go there, ask for another list.

ColtSSBR

Awards
I acquired these results today, which were taken very shortly after beginning HCG.
Doc advised he still wants me taking HCG at 1ML (2000IU) EOD until follow-up appointment next month. My testosterone has increased even though this blood test was taken shortly into the HCG therapy. He prescribed Anastrozole (Arimidex) today because he was concerned with my E2. I had additional blood work and will find out more info shortly.

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel W/EGFR
Glucose 85 65-99

Testosterone Total 436 250-1100
Testosterone, Free Percent 2.03 1.50- 2.20
Free Testosterone 88.5 35.0-155.0

Cortisol, Total 19.3
DHEA Sulfate 207 110-370
Estradiol 51 13-54
Estrogen, Total Serum 50 130 or less
Esterone, LC/MS/MN 13 < or = 68

TSH, 3rd Gen 2.53 0.40-4.50
T4, Free 1.5 0.8-1.8
T3, Free 372 230-420

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
You might ask your doc why anastrozole for E2. If he has a clue, he'll say because he's giving you a boatload of HCG.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I acquired these results today, which were taken very shortly after beginning HCG.
Doc advised he still wants me taking HCG at 1ML (2000IU) EOD until follow-up appointment next month. My testosterone has increased even though this blood test was taken shortly into the HCG therapy. He prescribed Anastrozole (Arimidex) today because he was concerned with my E2. I had additional blood work and will find out more info shortly.

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel W/EGFR
Glucose 85 65-99

Testosterone Total 436 250-1100
Testosterone, Free Percent 2.03 1.50- 2.20
Free Testosterone 88.5 35.0-155.0

Cortisol, Total 19.3
DHEA Sulfate 207 110-370
Estradiol 51 13-54
Estrogen, Total Serum 50 130 or less
Esterone, LC/MS/MN 13 < or = 68

TSH, 3rd Gen 2.53 0.40-4.50
T4, Free 1.5 0.8-1.8
T3, Free 372 230-420
Your E2 is high.
You do not need Arimidex.
You need to lower your HCG from 2000iu-EOD to 250iu/EOD

You have thyroid problem.
You have too much T4 (balast, dead weight)
and not enough T3 (active beneficial)

more detailed thyroid testing is need to figure that one out.
Plus,
to do anything with thyroid
you have to check and fix adrenals first.

Good luck.

garlick

Awards
Your E2 is high.
You do not need Arimidex.
You need to lower your HCG from 2000iu-EOD to 250iu/EOD

You have thyroid problem.
You have too much T4 (balast, dead weight)
and not enough T3 (active beneficial)

more detailed thyroid testing is need to figure that one out.
Plus,
to do anything with thyroid
you have to check and fix adrenals first.

Good luck.

This is my first time posting, but this is completely wrong. T4 is not dead weight, but rather ‘T4’ describes a thyroid molecule with four iodine atoms attached to it. ‘T3’ is the same thing, but with one of them lopped off. It actually is four times as potent as T4.

Having high T4 is not a bad thing at all, and his levels are both within normal ranges, if on the slightly high end, but in no way does he have a thyroid issue. In fact, I would say is thyroid is working completely fine.

In fact, if his T4 was any lower there would be the issue if he was actually having reverse T3 issues, where T4 was over converting to T3, which in this case it doesn't look like it.

At his age, these are very promising results for thyroid function.

dead800

Awards
His free t4 is too high. He may have a rt3 problem. You may have just said it wrong but your last point about his free t4 levels are wrong. You should not have a free t4 level over 1.4. If I was him I would check adrenals and then use t3 only to get free t3 levels to high end or no low thyroid and tsh 0 and t4 free will drop to nothing. I have used all types of thyroid meds only thing that worked t3 75mcg per day, 20mg hydrocortisone. You dont need t4 meds at all.t3 only will work for anybody the same cant be said for t4 or t3 and t4. His tsh is to high also.