Blood Results - AnabolicMinds.com

Blood Results

1. New Member

Blood Results

So I'm turning 28 next month and I have always had symptoms of low test (low libido, little motivation, anxiety, etc.). In college i had my test checked and it was on the low side, but still within range. I made efforts to do everything natural and try to get it back up via diet, sleep, training, and overall lifestyle. I still have libido issues so i had my blood checked again with the following results:

Total Test- 441 (280-800)
    Free Test - 9.8 (9.3-26.5)
    Free Estradiol, Percent- 2.5 (Adult Males: 1.7 - 5.4)
    Free Estradiol, Serum 0.30 (Adult Males: 0.2 - 1.5)

I dont really want to pursue TRT, and from the results it doesn't look i need to. However, i still have some libido issues as well as some minor gyno i have had since 8th grade. Should consult my endo with my results or just be happy things arent worse? Any thoughts or comments would be great to hear from experienced individuals, thanks.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    So I'm turning 28 next month and I have always had symptoms of low test (low libido, little motivation, anxiety, etc.). In college i had my test checked and it was on the low side, but still within range. I made efforts to do everything natural and try to get it back up via diet, sleep, training, and overall lifestyle. I still have libido issues so i had my blood checked again with the following results:

I dont really want to pursue TRT, and from the results it doesn't look i need to. However, i still have some libido issues as well as some minor gyno i have had since 8th grade. Should consult my endo with my results or just be happy things arent worse? Any thoughts or comments would be great to hear from experienced individuals, thanks.
    You need more indept testing this tells me hardly any information
    Jansz will come along with laundry list of test in a few, but basics is all that is needed and an open minded dr.

Before looking at sex hormones one needs to look at the patient as whole to detemine why his levels are low to determine the cause and to find out if they are primary or secondary even needing TRT in the first place. With people we try to jump start them naturally with clomid if they pass the challenege when back fill the gaps with proper nutrition, lifestyle changes, proper sleep pattern, while resolving the cause isssue if there is any. While at the same time balance the adrenals and thyroid if they need to support from cellular function. When clomid is stopped they have a greater chance of maintaining their natural levels in the first place rather then crashing.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Professional Member

Do list of tests on post #44 between blue lines.
    post all results
    post your story

without test results, story alone will not get you much.

Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

This list is expensive (but you saving on doc visit and haggling).
    Ask your around the corner GP for a script, good chance you will get it.
    Just print stuff between blue lines and have doc sign it.
    If you do not have insurance, come back
    I will give you a way to get this for 1/3 or less, of insurance price.

•   

4. DT5
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

lots of self proclaimed "gurus" are gonna bombard you with science based on a .0004 sway over some thyroid value, or some heavy metal blood level of yours in this thread (embelishing for the literals who will think im being serious and try to flame). fact is you have fairly low test, and low libido. go to a urologist who specializes in TRT/HRT, or an endo in the same boat. you can listen to these non-docs all day, and they love to help which is great, but just let a knowledgeable doc look into this for you.
  5. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    lots of self proclaimed "gurus" are gonna bombard you with science based on a .0004 sway over some thyroid value, or some heavy metal blood level of yours in this thread (embelishing for the literals who will think im being serious and try to flame). fact is you have fairly low test, and low libido. go to a urologist who specializes in TRT/HRT, or an endo in the same boat. you can listen to these non-docs all day, and they love to help which is great, but just let a knowledgeable doc look into this for you.
    Burner
    will give you/us his zip code in the next post.

DT5, or anybody else,
    please recommend doctor for Burner in his home area.

6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Burner
    will give you/us his zip code in the next post.

DT5, or anybody else,
    please recommend doctor for Burner in his home area.

90277. My diet was put together by a well known natural competitive body builder, i have been eating a lot of healthy fats over the last 4 years. I sleep a lot and train 5 days a week, and life isnt too stressful. I've tried a lot on my own for a while so i'm ready for some real help. I was thinking about doing a clomid test, but maybe i'll just ask an endo.
  7. Professional Member

90277. My diet was put together by a well known natural competitive body builder, i have been eating a lot of healthy fats over the last 4 years. I sleep a lot and train 5 days a week, and life isnt too stressful. I've tried a lot on my own for a while so i'm ready for some real help. I was thinking about doing a clomid test, but maybe i'll just ask an endo.
    You may want to call Genova Diagnostics and ask for a doc who have account with them and is in vicinity of ZIP 90277

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/ind...d=29&Itemid=52
    Telephone: 800-522-4762

Since you will end up doing some of the tests at their lab, that may be convenient.

Why are you thinking of Clomid?
    Are you using steroids and cycling them?

If you are naturally low in testosterone then using Clomid is waste of time.
    Any temporary raise due to Clomid is not lasting, will just raise your hopes and then fizzle out with disappointment. You cant stay on Clomid forever.
    If you ever use Clomid, only for very short time.

Lets get the tests done, then we can have better discussion.
    Your friendly local GP is good for that, mine is.

8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You may want to call Genova Diagnostics and ask for a doc who have account with them and is in vicinity of ZIP 90277

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/ind...d=29&Itemid=52
    Telephone: 800-522-4762

Since you will end up doing some of the tests at their lab, that may be convenient.

Why are you thinking of Clomid?
    Are you using steroids and cycling them?

If you are naturally low in testosterone then using Clomid is waste of time.
    Any temporary raise due to Clomid is not lasting, will just raise your hopes and then fizzle out with disappointment. You cant stay on Clomid forever.
    If you ever use Clomid, only for very short time.

Lets get the tests done, then we can have better discussion.
    Your friendly local GP is good for that, mine is.

I have not used anything hormonal in 5 years. When I was 23 I ran ergomax (dmt) for 4 weeks with nolva pct. My total test after pct was 420ng/dl. However, I didnít get a baseline pre-cycle which is why I was considering clomid, then running another test a couple months after that. But I donít want to waste time and money if that wonít benefit me in anyway. I thought it might be possible for the clomid to elevate my levels ďbackĒ to normal if my test was normal to begin with before I ran a cycle.

I have health net insurance, but Iíve been paying for tests out my pocket. How do you suggest I get $2000 worth of blood test for 1/3 the price? Thanks for your input by the way.
  9. Professional Member

I have not used anything hormonal in 5 years. When I was 23 I ran ergomax (dmt) for 4 weeks with nolva pct. My total test after pct was 420ng/dl. However, I didn’t get a baseline pre-cycle which is why I was considering clomid, then running another test a couple months after that. But I don’t want to waste time and money if that won’t benefit me in anyway. I thought it might be possible for the clomid to elevate my levels “back” to normal if my test was normal to begin with before I ran a cycle.

I have health net insurance, but I’ve been paying for tests out my pocket. How do you suggest I get $2000 worth of blood test for 1/3 the price? Thanks for your input by the way.
    If you have about a year for experimentation on your restart,
    I suggest that you contact dr John.

OTOH, I have seen (restarting) people reporting
    and I was absolutely under-impressed.

In any case dr John is a good choice.

My list is closer to $3500 than to a $2000.
    And at one point I got pretty close here for $930 (cash)

http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54544&postcount =31

You may possibly do better if you put some time into it.

=============================
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tes...1&search=#1250
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deluxe Checkup $79.49
    Hematocrit; hemoglobin; Cholesterol, albumin, glucose, potassium, sodium (many others)
    - Complete Blood Count w/ Differential
    - Lipid Profile
    - Liver Function Test
    - Kidney Function Test
    - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    - Serum Iron
    - Complete Urinalysis Profile
    - Serum Electrolytes
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Iron, Comprehensive Panel $54.49
    Includes: Iron, serum; Ferritin, serum; total iron binding capacity (TIBC);
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Cortisol Serum AM & PM $149.49
    -------
    Renin Activity and Aldosterone $98.99
    -----------------------------------------
    Thyroid Antibodies $98.49
    Thyroid Profile II (Comprehensive) $88.49
    Free thyroxine index (FTI); T3 uptake (THBR); thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH); thyroxine (T4); tri-iodothyronine (T3).
    Thyroid TSH w/ Free T4 & Free T3 $78.49
    Testosterone, Total, Serum $44.49
    Sex Hormone binding Globulin, Serum $49.49
    Estradiol, Sensitive $68.49
    Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) $119.99
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    =79.49+54.49+149.49+98.99+98.4 9+88.49+78.49+44.49+49.49+68.4 9+119.99=930.39

Purpose of above list is to get initial once over testing
    or
    yearly checkup.

Please suggest improvements.

To have these tests done only $$ are required no need for a script.

============================== ============

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Blood results
    By mdew091 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. New Blood results, take a look
    By slimcharles in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 04:14 PM