SO I added T3 and feeling kind of worse

mikeyboyeee

Awards
So, I added 50mcg t3 to my TRT (.15cc 200mg cyp and 250ius of HCG EOD).
Divided the t3 into 4 doses through out day.

I must say I def do not feel better and feel slightly worse.
Libido is all but gone. package has some major shrinkage as well (not my balls tho-HCG working). Vwery little sensitivity there and hard to bust a nut.

I do not think my estro is really that out of whack since I am very sensitive to gyno and my nips are fine (not even a little tingle). I had some minor tingle when I was on 5g testim per day and my test was in the ****ter then.

As mentioned in a previous post, my waking temp is in the low 96 range and very rarely do I see 98.6 (mostly 96-low 97s.

Going back to Dr tonight.

Thoughts?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So, I added 50mcg t3 to my TRT (.15cc 200mg cyp and 250ius of HCG EOD).
Divided the t3 into 4 doses through out day.

I must say I def do not feel better and feel slightly worse.
Libido is all but gone. package has some major shrinkage as well (not my balls tho-HCG working). Vwery little sensitivity there and hard to bust a nut.

I do not think my estro is really that out of whack since I am very sensitive to gyno and my nips are fine (not even a little tingle). I had some minor tingle when I was on 5g testim per day and my test was in the ****ter then.

As mentioned in a previous post, my waking temp is in the low 96 range and very rarely do I see 98.6 (mostly 96-low 97s.

Going back to Dr tonight.

Thoughts?
Think you are barking up the wrong tree on this one
Rt3 is a symptom of the cause
Need to find the cause

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rt3 is a symptom of the cause
Need to find the cause

RT3 is usually a symptom of stressed adrenals correct? I wouldn't use T3 without first checking adrenal status or supporting them first.

T3 in higher amounts is also known to increase SHBG, which can lower libido, free test, etc.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
One should never go on Thyroid meds without first checking Adrenals for low levels of Cortisol. You need Cortisol to carry the hormone out of your blood into your cells. If your Cortisol levels are low it will build up in your blood and make you feel like this. Why are you on T3 only why not go on a natural dessicated thyroid like Armour. We can't get Armour anymore and the new stuff dose not work. But you can get Erfa Thyroid from Canada.
http://www.erfa-sa.com/thyroid_usa.htm

T3 only meds stress the Adrenals and if yours are bad it's a no no.

http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He's like me, and treating high RT3.
But yes, adrenal support is likely needed in his case.

Btw, my compounding pharmacy here in the US has a generic glandular (capped). I think it is Nature Thyroid, this is what I asked them for... and it was working when I was taking it. Something to look into.

mikeyboyeee

Awards
My SHBG is very low to begin with.

Was 7 last time tested (11/09).

What kind of test (cortisol) should I ask my Dr. for tonight?
Something covered by insurance would be rpeferrable and can be done at labcorp or something.

Should I just ask him for some Cortef and start that at 20mg day and see how that goes?

Should I taper off the t3 now?

Dr. seems to think the root cause of most of my issues are stress related.
Have a cpap that I am using religiously now, so my severe apnea should be under control now for most part.
Been using machine since Sept.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your doctor is probably right regarding stress, plus if you've had apnea problems for many years then your adrenals are probably overworked or burnt out.

To test adrenals properly, you can to an ACTH stim test, DHEA-S test (in blood), aldosterone test (in blood), and a 4x salivary cortisol test which tests your levels throughout the day.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
You really need to treat adrenals first. Based on your post about being tan for no reason I believe you are hypo adrenal.

Also are you sure you body is not converting t4 to t3? You may not need t3 or armour if you are converting. If you have the enzymes that convert t4 to t3 and stay on t3 only long term, you may lose those enzymes.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If you start on Cortef don't do the total dose all at once. You need to start with 2.5 mgs and go up every 3 days. Here is a cut and paste from this link.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/how-to-treat/
And read this FAQ's about AI.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/faq/
===================================
Day 1-3: 2.5 mg first thing in the AM (2.5 mg total)
Day 4-6: 2.5 mg first thing, 2.5 mg in four hours (5 mg total)
Day 7-9: 2.5 mg first thing; 2.5 mg in four hours; 2.5 mg in four hours (7 1/2 mg total)
Day 10-12: 5 mg first thing; 2.5 mg in four hours; 2.5 mg in four hours (10 mg total)
Day 13-16: 5 mg first thing; 5 mg in four hours; 2.5 mg in four hours; 2.5 mg bedtime (15 mg total)
Day 17-20: 10 mg first thing; 5 mg in four hours; 2.5 mg in four hours; Bedtime 2.5 mg (20 mg total)

mikeyboyeee

Awards
Ok, so went to the Dr.
AS soon as I told him how I was feeling, he asked me how I felt at certain times of day.
Told him and he said he thinks it is my adrenals.
Said we could test salive 4xs or go right to HC.
I said, lets go to HC for a bit and see if I feel better.

Told me to taper down the T3 over next week or so.
Start tapering up cortef up to 30mg per day (20 am, then 10 pm) and after 1st week, slowly add in T3 to see how I felt.

SO, that's the plan. Filling cortef tomorrow and will start with 5mg AM and 5mg Pm. and work my way up.

Said in 2 months he wants to do the Genova full hormone panel again to see where I am at vs 6 months ago (pret real HRT).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so went to the Dr.
AS soon as I told him how I was feeling, he asked me how I felt at certain times of day.
Told him and he said he thinks it is my adrenals.
Said we could test salive 4xs or go right to HC.
I said, lets go to HC for a bit and see if I feel better.

Told me to taper down the T3 over next week or so.
Start tapering up cortef up to 30mg per day (20 am, then 10 pm) and after 1st week, slowly add in T3 to see how I felt.

SO, that's the plan. Filling cortef tomorrow and will start with 5mg AM and 5mg Pm. and work my way up.

Said in 2 months he wants to do the Genova full hormone panel again to see where I am at vs 6 months ago (pret real HRT).
Genova can not be done while on HC you will get a false reading
you need to properly adminster cortef at 3-4 times a day not just am pm your going to get a lag time in there. your going to get a hell of a thyroid dump from slamming that in you that fast. It take 4 weeks to even taper up.
Your playing with wild fire and will probably get worse as I have done the same thing.

mikeyboyeee

Awards
SO what do you suggest as far as dosing the cortef and tapering off the T3?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Read Post #9 and follow this for starting on Cortef or you can find your self feeling very sick and even end up in the ER. Your starting dose if one half a 5 mgs pill just break it in half. As you get up to the full dose do 10 mgs in the morning and 4 hrs later do 10 mgs then 4 hrs later do 5 mgs and 4 hrs later do 2.5 mgs and at bedtime 2.5 mgs.
SO what do you suggest as far as dosing the cortef and tapering off the T3?

mikeyboyeee

Awards
Thanks. My doc prescribed 10mg pills, should I ask for 5mg iinstead (does it even come in 10)?

Also, I noticed while reading about HC it says it is contraindicated if you have fungal infection.

I have toenail fungus on my 2 big toes that I have never been able to get rid of. with prescription pills, topical solutions, etc.

So I live with it.

Is HC going to pose a problem with this?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I never head this but low Cortisol levels one can catch all kinds of things going on HC might fix it. Yes ask for 5 mgs pills I never seen 10 mgs.
Thanks. My doc prescribed 10mg pills, should I ask for 5mg iinstead (does it even come in 10)?

Also, I noticed while reading about HC it says it is contraindicated if you have fungal infection.

I have toenail fungus on my 2 big toes that I have never been able to get rid of. with prescription pills, topical solutions, etc.

So I live with it.

Is HC going to pose a problem with this?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I never head this but low Cortisol levels one can catch all kinds of things going on HC might fix it. Yes ask for 5 mgs pills I never seen 10 mgs.

For god sakes you guys are sounding worse then bunch of ladies on the thyroid boards constantly nagging all the time.