New Blood results, take a look

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Alright got new labs in, anything you guys can tell me?

Cortisol 17.2 (5.0-22.6) AM
Estradiol: 24pg/mL (20-47pg/mL)
FSH: 2 (0-14)
LH: 3 (0-14)
Prolactin: 14 (0-14) <---IS THIS HIGH???
Testosterone: 4.9 (2.2-7.8)
Free Test: 126 (30-140)
SHBG: 21 (13-90)
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: 2.061 (.400-5.00)
Vitamin D(25 Hydroxy): 47.2 (20.1-50.0)
Cholestrol Total: 140mg/dl
HDL:53
LDL:72

Any insights here? Never ran a PH or AAS, but prolactin seems high, but still within the range. My doctor is going to be calling me to talk about this and I need to know what to say regarding the numbers.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Prolactin is high probably because you blew your load in the past 48 hours
How do you feel ?
Need more thyroid testing TSH is worth less >1.5 red flag for potential thyroid issue

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
I'm feeling good at this point. Do the other numbers look fine?

Its weird because he checked T3, T4 but it didn't come up on the labs.

The other problem i have is 6 months ago my thyroid was at .7, now its like almost trippled.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling good at this point. Do the other numbers look fine?

Its weird because he checked T3, T4 but it didn't come up on the labs.

The other problem i have is 6 months ago my thyroid was at .7, now its like almost trippled.
Like is said 90% of the dr's know jack about the hormones
total tell you nothing at all.

I have a person that TSH was 1.5 and her totals where fine frees are low
Stop playing guessing games and get with a good HRT Dr and nail this now instead of screwing around with i. Do not make excuses about money because down the road it will come back and haunt you when you are flat on your ass wondering why you feel like that. I spent 50,000 on drs in past 6 years and untill I found my dr and business partner i was dead in the water

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Thanks Matrix. The thing is, this isn't some lame duck doctor. He is a very highly respected endocrinologist working for one of the best hospitals in the country.

He called me today and said that my T3 and T4 were fine, and we should recheck thyroid in 3 months. He also said we should recheck prolactin in 6 months, but if there was a problem with prolactin my other results would show it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. The thing is, this isn't some lame duck doctor. He is a very highly respected endocrinologist working for one of the best hospitals in the country.

He called me today and said that my T3 and T4 were fine, and we should recheck thyroid in 3 months. He also said we should recheck prolactin in 6 months, but if there was a problem with prolactin my other results would show it.
With out checking ft4 and ft3 he not up to date on thyroid like most endos are not. Yes and right now i am dealing with many patients from "top endos" from harvard and yale degrees. So I have heard this story hundreds of times over. I wish you best of luck . but still does not rule out thyroid issues such as thyroid resistance anti bodies, reverse t3, iodine deficiency, vitamin D levels. When you find an "endo" that looks at all parameters then you found a keeper. I go against traditional medicine and when one does that is when symptoms start to resolve and patient gets better.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Well he did check vitamin D levels and they were top of normal range (I supplement 5k a day). He told me we need to recheck thyroid in 3 months.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well he did check vitamin D levels and they were top of normal range (I supplement 5k a day). He told me we need to recheck thyroid in 3 months.
If he does not check free levels you are looking at 3 month delay in treatment
That is why we hit it up front to rule things out

GimmeT

Awards
The thing is, this isn't some lame duck doctor. He is a very highly respected endocrinologist working for one of the best hospitals in the country.
As if that means sh*t when it comes to hormone replacement...I've been through the "best" endos around they are worthless. Won' treat you unless you show up dead or have diabetes.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Does it say t3 and t4 are pending? some tests need to be done by different labs so take a little longer.