Is this adrenal or what?

GimmeT

Awards
I made a post here about how going on testosterone caused me to have heart palps, tachycardia, fatigue and orthostatic hypotension problems.

The same thing happens even with hCG using it to boost my levels naturally.

I tried cytomel again recently because my thyroid labs are terrible (reverse T3 was 450+ on more than one test) and had the same response. The first day I felt better and after a few days I started getting shaky hands, orthostatic hypotension (normally my BP is Ok though) nausea, and racing/pounding heart. My temps never broke 98 though. Does not seem to be too much meds but probably adrenals.

Here's the thing...I'm on HC. I've dosed as high as 40-50mg per day without relief. I've also tried florinef up to 2 tabs per day, my sodium was high. Neither of these things relieved this symptoms.

My doc feels these are low cortisol symptoms because my cortisol results were terrible (17,<1,<1,<1) but can't explain why I'm not able to tolerate anything even while on HC.

My most recent experiment was to try medrol but it did not seem to do anything to help either.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? If it's adrenal, why isn't HC relieving it?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
When you get those symptoms how's your blood sugar? Gotten any more recent labs?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Depending on your aborption of generic HC you may be getting about 20% or less due to por uptake from the GI tract. You need to get proper labs done to confirm this. We always use cortef in patients because of this variable.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Depending on your aborption of generic HC you may be getting about 20% or less due to por uptake from the GI tract. You need to get proper labs done to confirm this. We always use cortef in patients because of this variable.
which would be urine labs for cortisol?

or saliva?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
which would be urine labs for cortisol?

or saliva?
Blood 1 hour after ingestion..
levels should be about 17-19 on range
lower then 10 you are on too much or not enough..