Adrenal Fatigue

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was diagnoised with low T a few years ago when I was 22.I worked with an incompetent endocrinologist up until a few months ago. New doc immediately diagnoised me with adrenal fatigue and put me on hydrocortisone while also being on T injections and Armidex. But as soon as I started taking the HC I haven't felt this good since I was a young teen. I never felt near this good on TRT when taking T injections despite testosterone levels in the 800+ range. My question is could the severe adrenal fatigue I have had all this time have caused my low T levels in the first place and if so should I even attempt to try and rethink my whole hormone replacement protocol? If the adrenals caused all my problems could having them fully operational negate my need for the T injections?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Where was your lh before starting any replacement? I think the t without properly supporting adrenals can actually hurt adrenals more. Or is it thyroid? I'm not the best bet for an answer, but I think your original lh could help as a starting point. Given age odds are probably secondary, but it is possible you are primary.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LH when first tested was bottom 25%.
HCG did raise Testosterone better but I never experienced any positive effects from how I was originally feeling so we switched to T injections

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could someone also help me figure this other anomaly out:

when on my first round of TRT with my first doc I was on 150mg T every 10 days, HCG approx. 250 IU 3X/wk and synthroid. My testicles were always shrunken and sucked up into groin and my penis always seemed smaller than normal.

With new doc I'm on 200mg T inj. every week, .25mg armidex every 3 days and hydrocort 20mg every day in 4 Split doses. Been on this protocol for over a month. This time around my testicles are large, hanging low and penis is a bigger size.

How is this happening since the T injections should have shut me down? What could be going on?

mikeyboyeee

Awards
I don't know, but this sounds like me on 100mg week and now some HCG.

I will be adding in Cortef next week when I go to Dr.

I am anxious to see if I have same results as you.
I am really hoping I do.

Janz has been trying to get me on HC for a while now and I think he may be right.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Simple it's the Arimidex you talking it's keeping your Estradiol in the sweet spot your now getting some night time and morning wood. Keep track of it if it stops you might be going down to low. If this happens stop the Arimidex until the wood comes back that day go back on it but take less. I gage my Estradiol levels by my wood not labs. If your Estradiol is to high you lose your wood if it goes to low taking a pill will not get it up.
Could someone also help me figure this other anomaly out:

when on my first round of TRT with my first doc I was on 150mg T every 10 days, HCG approx. 250 IU 3X/wk and synthroid. My testicles were always shrunken and sucked up into groin and my penis always seemed smaller than normal.

With new doc I'm on 200mg T inj. every week, .25mg armidex every 3 days and hydrocort 20mg every day in 4 Split doses. Been on this protocol for over a month. This time around my testicles are large, hanging low and penis is a bigger size.

How is this happening since the T injections should have shut me down? What could be going on?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys
I be looking for the cause of the issue not treating just the symptoms
this is problem with modern medicine and why every one is getting sicker instead of better.

TRT is last route for 22 year when I have found many guys under 20 had other issues that where affecting their levels. Correcting these issue correcting other hormones avoiding TRT. You are putting the cart before the horse ..

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I be looking for the cause of the issue not treating just the symptoms
this is problem with modern medicine and why every one is getting sicker instead of better.

TRT is last route for 22 year when I have found many guys under 20 had other issues that where affecting their levels. Correcting these issue correcting other hormones avoiding TRT. You are putting the cart before the horse ..
I agree with you completely, but it is very difficult to pinpoint. That was why I was asking if my adrenal problem could have been the problem from the very start, messing up my testosterone levels. Since starting the hydrocortisone
I have felt better than ever. My estrogen is now under control with the Armidex. I would love if I could just take the hydrocort/armidex and maybe some vitamins and be back to functioning properly. It is a work in progress...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You just need to find the right people to get at the cause of things (hint hint).
Some time you have to take unneccesary steps for you health.
Remember you can not put a price take on your health
Without health there is no wealth.

I have few clients that are well financially set 10 times over but live each day not being able to enjoy it like they should. Its kind of like a prison sentence...

docall18

docall18

Awards
i had fairly low testosterone for a while @ Twenty two since then it has shot up after lookinG after my adrenals and thyroid
bad adrenals can affect everything _ thYroid test etc
bad thyroid was i think the cause of my low test but you need heAltHy adrenals for your thyroid to work properly
i never found twenty mg of hc To be nearly enough however

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
For some people the HC gets killed in there stomach you can do a morning fasting blood test after your take your morning dose of HC. To see if this is going on if your not between 9 to 12 take more. I found the best way to tell if your supported on HC is to take your temps starting after your up 3 hrs then every 3 hrs 3x's a day. Add them up and div. by 3 this is your avg. if it goes up or down more then 2ths your not supported and need more. You can go up to 35mgs a day and be safe.
i had fairly low testosterone for a while @ Twenty two since then it has shot up after lookinG after my adrenals and thyroid
bad adrenals can affect everything _ thYroid test etc
bad thyroid was i think the cause of my low test but you need heAltHy adrenals for your thyroid to work properly
i never found twenty mg of hc To be nearly enough however

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For some people the HC gets killed in there stomach you can do a morning fasting blood test after your take your morning dose of HC. To see if this is going on if your not between 9 to 12 take more.
fwiw, I always take HC sublingually to get a better response from it. What I'm not sure of is if this method puts me over the range though..

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I can't see how you can do this it is some nasty tasting stuff stop doing this yes your dumping it all into your blood at once. Best to do your temps read this link.
http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph
All you do it after your up 3 hrs starting taking your temps doing them every 3 hrs 3x's a day add them up and div. by 3 this is your avg. If your avg. goes up or down more then 2ths your not supported on HC. Also take your morning dose and go a morning fasting Cortisol blood test as long as you have a level your not on to much my labs not on HC were 9 I am on 30 mgs /day doing 10,5,10 and 5. My tests come back between 9 to 12 this tells my Dr. I am still making my own Cortisol and not on to much HC.
fwiw, I always take HC sublingually to get a better response from it. What I'm not sure of is if this method puts me over the range though..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't see how you can do this it is some nasty tasting stuff stop doing this yes your dumping it all into your blood at once. Best to do your temps read this link.
http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph
All you do it after your up 3 hrs starting taking your temps doing them every 3 hrs 3x's a day add them up and div. by 3 this is your avg. If your avg. goes up or down more then 2ths your not supported on HC. Also take your morning dose and go a morning fasting Cortisol blood test as long as you have a level your not on to much my labs not on HC were 9 I am on 30 mgs /day doing 10,5,10 and 5. My tests come back between 9 to 12 this tells my Dr. I am still making my own Cortisol and not on to much HC.

I have to test my temps and aldosterone still. But taking it sublingually works really well for me. Doesn't taste super bad, just a little..I hardly notice it.

I also take my T3 sublingually. Too many factors with the gut when worrying about % of absorption.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, yeah my doc is going to give me the 24hr aldosterone urine test soon.

I've tried taking licorice root extract off and on. It works like florinef, but florinef is much less expensive. How did you feel once adding florinef to your protocol? I am thinking I could lower my HC useage once I add it in.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a appt on Tuesday and would like to check my cortisol. Should I do the 24hr urine cort or the saliva? If I do the saliva how many times should I test and at what time/interval?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I feel like a new man on it and if you start on it cut the pill into 4 parts and take one part for 5 to 7 days going up a 1/4 of the pill until your doing the full .1mgs. But get some good Pink Sea Salt put a 1/2 tsp in a glass of water or your not going to feel better I do this 3x's a day. The pill is = to about 10 mgs of HC but I never cut back on it I felt so dam good I left things the way they were.

bengelha

Awards
HC, how is this different than 'prednisone' ? I was on 120 mg prednisone in the hospital down to 130 lbs. That completely shutdown my adrenals and I will not take prednisone again. My gut was bleeding last fall and I just sat at home after work and ate salmon no way I am taking that stuff again.

After a year I was only 170 and things were not healing so new on a contract and needing to put in 60-70 hours a week billable I decided to vault forward to healthy living via the fastrack. HGH and test as me at 185 and was feeling fantastic. Stopped the HGH due to apparent insulin resistance. Test is at 300 mg per week and it felt more powerful in the beginning. But as someone stated above my balls are not shutdown and aching like the summer I tried oral prohormones, those killed me and I chucked the bottle.

Taking 1/2 pill of tamoxifin or arimidex whatever, every week. Taking over the counter reversitrol some days and Activate each day hoping to hang on to every bit of free test.

Probably should go in for some blood work and figure out what is 'off'.

What is the standard things to check for ?
free test
shgb
lh
estrogen ?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Prednisone is not the same as HC 1mg. of prednisone is 4 mgs of HC so if you were doing 120 mgs of prednisone you were doing about 480 mgs of HC.

Prednisone has it's place in treating things but not Adrenal Fatigue.

And after you were on this prednisone your Dr. should have taken you off this slow so your brain would started sending ACTH again to tell your Adrenals to make Cortisol again. For some people there Adrenals don't come back and they end up with Addison's.

Did you know doing 300 mgs of Test per week can stress the Adrenals and give you Adrenal Fatigue.

Doing any kind Testosterone will shut down your brain from sending LH and FSH to your Testis and they stop making T and start to get small. To stop this get on some HCG. I have a new guy at my Yahoo forum for low T that was on prednisone and it shut down his brain from sending the LH and FSH to his Testis and he now has low T. Did you have low T before taking that prednisone. This might be why your low on T.
Go to Dr. John's site at www.allthingsmale.com and read TRT: A Recipe for Success and his HCG update in this are labs you need and why Dr. John puts this out there free for you and your Dr.
HC, how is this different than 'prednisone' ? I was on 120 mg prednisone in the hospital down to 130 lbs. That completely shutdown my adrenals and I will not take prednisone again. My gut was bleeding last fall and I just sat at home after work and ate salmon no way I am taking that stuff again.

After a year I was only 170 and things were not healing so new on a contract and needing to put in 60-70 hours a week billable I decided to vault forward to healthy living via the fastrack. HGH and test as me at 185 and was feeling fantastic. Stopped the HGH due to apparent insulin resistance. Test is at 300 mg per week and it felt more powerful in the beginning. But as someone stated above my balls are not shutdown and aching like the summer I tried oral prohormones, those killed me and I chucked the bottle.

Taking 1/2 pill of tamoxifin or arimidex whatever, every week. Taking over the counter reversitrol some days and Activate each day hoping to hang on to every bit of free test.

Probably should go in for some blood work and figure out what is 'off'.

What is the standard things to check for ?
free test
shgb
lh
estrogen ?