What is the normal dosing range for HRT ?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

What is the normal dosing range for HRT ?

I cannot paste the link but a pubmed article showed chronic test crushing sperm, with a big dive after 50mg per week. I have a script for 300mg per week and am wondering if that is too much.

Can you have too much?

Seems the sides will be more prevalent at higher does so maybe it is best to go with the lowest effective dose and split it up twice weekly.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

If the testosterone form is cypionate or enanthate, then 300 mg/week is probably on the high end. It's actually more like a light AAS cycle. It all depends on the person and their bloodwork, along with whether or not they are primary (testes don't respond to signal to produce T) or secondary hypo (pituitary is not sending enough signal to testes). Primary hypogonadism will typically require a little higher dose than a secondary since secondary can still produce some T, and need more "supplemental" T vs. complete replacement.

300 mg/week of cyp or enanthate will crush almost anyone's sperm production. You would need to add hCG to retain good sperm production, but many Dr. are reluctant to do that unless you are trying to have children. Depending on your case, may need only hCG.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, I got quite an education in 2 small paragraphs.

Thanks!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Answers

300mg is quite a large dose for HRT. Most guys do well with between 75mg - 150mg per week.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by punxweb View Post
    300mg is quite a large dose for HRT. Most guys do well with between 75mg - 150mg per week.
    I just love learning about this stuff. I upgrade hospital automations systems and last year I was in a hospital and down to 130 lbs. Now I am 183. They were giving me 120mg prednisone a catabolic steroid.

So it feels great to feel normal again. However the start at 200 per week felt fantastic then I doubled up and well I think my estrogen got too high so I was taking reverse whatever to chop it back down. But it almost started to feel like I was not feeling the therapy any more.

I wonder what the plus and minus is to 150 or 300 ?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I know this might be kinda of a stupid and hard question to anwser since everyones body is different but someone being primary, how much TT and free test are they looking at with 75-150 a week?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Answers

If you were on prednisone, you need to get your adrenals checked! It is known to suppress your adrenals.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by punxweb View Post
    If you were on prednisone, you need to get your adrenals checked! It is known to suppress your adrenals.
    It was killing me chest pains etc, I wear glasses now, so I quit cold turkey and quess what ? It turns out I am just like everyone else and went into adrenal shock. Then I went to very very carefully when I got to 10 and smoothly got off. I tried vyvanse to get the edge back as pred above 30 did get me going at work where I was working with rocket scientists and needed to smarten up but the vyvanse eventually started making me ADHD so I quit that.

Pretty much ok now but the job is 60 hours per week and we do the final conversion overnight while the patients are sleeping so I believe that tons of coffee boosts cortisol and counteracts the test supplementation.

Need to get back to stim-free living and get the test supps as low as possible. Going to try that recommendation for twice weekly split doses but that Dr. doing sub-Q injections of test is really kind of interesting, need to read more about that and wondering why that would prevent aromatization ?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akiravp82 View Post
    I know this might be kinda of a stupid and hard question to anwser since everyones body is different but someone being primary, how much TT and free test are they looking at with 75-150 a week?
    Someone that is primary will probably use 100-150 mg/week. Many endos may prescribe it @ 200-300 mg shots every 2 weeks. This provides less frequent injections, but also less stable hormone levels, usually peaking just above normal range, and then dipping below normal just before the next shot.

It is just about impossible to predict what the TT and FT levels will be in someone since everyone is different, due to factors such as absorption/distribution of the T from injections site, clearance rates and how much is 5a-reduced to DHT or aromatized to E2, binding protein levels (for FT), etc.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    Someone that is primary will probably use 100-150 mg/week. Many endos may prescribe it @ 200-300 mg shots every 2 weeks. This provides less frequent injections, but also less stable hormone levels, usually peaking just above normal range, and then dipping below normal just before the next shot.

It is just about impossible to predict what the TT and FT levels will be in someone since everyone is different, due to factors such as absorption/distribution of the T from injections site, clearance rates and how much is 5a-reduced to DHT or aromatized to E2, binding protein levels (for FT), etc.
    So I waded in here completely ignorant but knew it was generally a positive. It is pretty complicated. I used to be a CFI and teach people to fly airplanes and I am supposed to be an expert at my current job.

How do I get to that level of understanding in this space ? Do you have to go back to school and get a degree in this stuff? Is there a comprehensive book on the subject ? I have bought a few but they just lightly go over the science barely scratching the surface.

Thanks
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  177 lbs.
    Answers

My wellness Doc has me at 180 Test Cyp a week. I would love to be at 300.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Louie01 View Post
    My wellness Doc has me at 180 Test Cyp a week. I would love to be at 300.
    How do you know? It may make you feel like a piece of dog poop because it could drive your E up too high. And add HCG into that and you'll really be churning out the E.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

It depends on the person liver and how it what and how it metabolized in to that is the most important factor. This is why urine tests are so valuable in the field of TRT to show the whole picture from start to finish.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
    How do you know? It may make you feel like a piece of dog poop because it could drive your E up too high. And add HCG into that and you'll really be churning out the E.
    Exactly it was fun on the way up then I discovered the sides. Getting stricter on my carbs, working out slower longer and resting more with less coffee seems to bring it back but am leery about high doses, trying to find that 'sweet spot'.

OTOH what about Dr Shippens protocol to do subq injections frequently without causing Aromatization to Estrogen?

Was that just an urban legend ?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry I'm total new on this site. I have been getting HRT for 6 months ago (only 30). When I stated my Level was 233ng now he has me at 800ng Is this a good level to max out on muscle growth? Also I receive a injection bi-weekly of 2cc. Is he giving me about 300mg of test? I have asked but do not get a straight answer from him. Will take any help I can get. Thanks
  16. Registered User
    Answers

If you are hypo adrenal you should stop all caffeine, it will further suppress adrenal output. I stopped cold turkey and it wasnt that bad. I drink water with vit C and electrolytes and it now gives me more energy than cokes, which make me feel kinda lousy.

This books gives an in depth explanation of adrenal fatigue: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Adr...0572150/?itm=1
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats a normal squat range?
    By Megalo in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
  2. What is the normal test level range?
    By LiftedSierra in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
  3. high LH to FSH ratio... both in normal range
    By Movin_weight in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine