Thyoid problems and Adrenal fatigue from steroid use

jtmarlin

Awards
I have been having some libido problems lately in addition to weak erections and I amtrying to determine whether the cause is endocrine, adrenal or thyroid. I have used steroids on and off for 2 years now with 6-8 week breaks... so basically I haven't had much off time. I recently came off of a long cycle in which I had some libido issues (which I attributed to low e2 from an overused AI... my e2 was 11) This problem resolved itself before the end of the cycle and while I was on clomiphene during PCT I had some of the best sex I have ever had in my entire life. A week after finishing the clominphene (and tapering down with a little tamoxifen), I lost my libido entirely... and I had weak erections but was getting morning wood. My test levels were 323ng/dl vs a baseline of 650. This continued for a couple of weeks and I opanicked bc I had a vacation with the lady... so I shot an amp of sustanon before the trip... it didn't work. I went back on cycle and have been for 2 weeks with the use of proviron to no avail. Morning wood is basically entirely gone now, I get weak erections, and my loads are very watery. Sensation and libido are lacking as well... and this in the prescence of external androgens for the last 2 weeks. I don't kniow if the androgens need time to "kick in" and libido is slow to respond after being depressed or if I may be on the verge of adrenal fatigue or hypothryroidism. I read an article that brought a bunch of studies together and the main idea was that steroid use will suppress TOTAL t4 and raise t3 uptake by about 30%. My bloodwork absolutely confirms this. The rest of the paper said that total t3 and t4 levels remained unaffected although I do not have bloodwork to confirm this.
These are my thyoid numbers taken recently.

TSH 3.22 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500
Thyroxine (T4) 5.4 ug/dL 4.5-12.0
T3 Uptake 37 % 24-39 01
Free Thyroxine Index (T7) 2.1 1.2-4.9

My 2008 bloodwork off cycle was this...
TSH 3.71
T4 8.0
T3 Uptake 31.3 %
T7 2.4

I also wonder if this could be a sign of adrenal fatigue... I've begun taking dhea at 50mg ED orally in hopes that may help... but I'm really not sure where my aldosterone and cortisol levels are. IN adrenal fatiuge, the symptopms are not always constant from what I've read... they sputter? So I could be confusing my erection problem on my last cycle with e2 when in fact it could have been a downtime in my adrenal function? I am pretty confused, but I am attempting to take stepos to remedy this problem as I am a competitive bodybuilder and coming off steroids for good isn't a feasible answer if this can be corrected by bringing some values into range. Thanks.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whats more important, body building or your health...

jtmarlin

Awards
Whats more important, body building or your health...
This isn't the kind of answer that I need... we all make choices here and I am trying to correct the problem while being able to continue chemically enhanced bodybuilding. That is the ideal scenario for me. If I cannot do that, the next step is to give up bodybuilding. I assume that you can understand this. I haven't even determinged that anything is wrong with me other than a temproary hormone imbalance and you are hitting me with a health or bodybuilding statement? Pls spare me the idealism.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Woa, wasn't trying to bash you, I understand that if you stopped using gear, your bodybuilding career would fall under...

jtmarlin

Awards
Woa, wasn't trying to bash you, I understand that if you stopped using gear, your bodybuilding career would fall under...
No worries bud, it just seems as if when one asked for help (while wanting to continue steroid supplementation), the answer is always to "stop taking steroids", when in reality the problem may be as simple as taking thyroid medication or dhea while supplementing with anabolics.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you had a thyroid problem, you would know, it is one of the most common misdiagnosed diseases... I was diagnosed hypothyroidism, and I had 0 symptoms of it and the Dr. seemed like he wasnt sure...

punxweb

Awards
You need to get more labs done to find out what your issues are. The thyroid labs you presented do not give any insight as to your T3 values. Your TSH is a little high but not out of range. That does not necessarily mean it is ok. You also need to run some labs for your adrenals. Without valid bloodwork, you are just guessing.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Jtmarlin, you may need to look into the Anabolic Doc. He specializes in treating guys on gear and will be right down you alley as far as what you need. He's not cheap but you cant really put a price on your health.

Google "the anabolic doc."