Testosterone injection soreness

chuck123

Awards
hey guys,

first post here. I've been taking test injections on and off for six months as part of my therapy, and the last shot seems to be more painful than i can ever remember.

I injected into the glute in roughly the same spot as always about 4 days ago. No fever, feel fine, but my glute has the golfball, redness (more like a light pink actually - about the size of the glute itself), and hot to the touch common in a bunch of other threads. And it hurts like hell to sit down on it.

did all the proper steps: sterilize location before and after, sterilized the needle, and used a new pin.

The question is, is this a common occurrence, and i have nothing to really stress about, or is there something more to it?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Still somehow may have gotten infected. I'd get to a doc like...right now.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
hey guys,

first post here. I've been taking test injections on and off for six months as part of my therapy, and the last shot seems to be more painful than i can ever remember.

I injected into the glute in roughly the same spot as always about 4 days ago. No fever, feel fine, but my glute has the golfball, redness (more like a light pink actually - about the size of the glute itself), and hot to the touch common in a bunch of other threads. And it hurts like hell to sit down on it.

did all the proper steps: sterilize location before and after, sterilized the needle, and used a new pin.

The question is, is this a common occurrence, and i have nothing to really stress about, or is there something more to it?
If it's hot, see a doc. You may need a cortisone shot.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Yeah with a legal Rx why not just play it safe.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
sounds like it's infected I would def see your doc.

mikeyboyeee

Awards
BTW, it is a good idea to rotate injection sites,
Scar tissue builds up, etc.

You could also have a sterile abscess.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BTW, it is a good idea to rotate injection sites,
Scar tissue builds up, etc.

You could also have a sterile abscess.
That's what the heat suggests. I'd rub cortisone on externally, and get over to a doc.

My knots never felt hot, and they resolved in about 3-4 days. But they did hurt to touch.