HCG Injections - Pain

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
My doc has me on HCG, and I self-inject. No matter what needle I use (27g 1/2" or 31g 5/16"), and no matter whether sub-q or IM, and no matter injection site, it's quite painful pushing in only .25cc.

Is the culprit the benzyl alcohol that is the preservative in the bac water?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I don't do subQ shots it stings but it will sting is you don't let the alcohol dry when you wipe the area that you do the shot at.
My doc has me on HCG, and I self-inject. No matter what needle I use (27g 1/2" or 31g 5/16"), and no matter whether sub-q or IM, and no matter injection site, it's quite painful pushing in only .25cc.

Is the culprit the benzyl alcohol that is the preservative in the bac water?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Phil, I tried letting it dry before, but it still occurs. Feels like a lot of pressure along with the pain.

Could be the bac water sample I got with the HCG. Will try making up another batch using a new 30ml vial of bac water I bought separately to see if that makes any difference.

Another question - can I use only 5 ml water to reconstitute 10000iu of HCG? That way, I'd only have to inject .125cc.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
That does not sound right where did you get the HCG and Bac. water. Most of the guys I know get it from the ADC
they get the one with vials and by Bac. water there too.

Yes you can mix it with half the Bac. water. .125 mls would be 250 IU's.

Last edited by a moderator:

legbuh

Awards
Is it the needle that hurts, or the actual injecting that stings? I know when I'm dehydrated trying to get even a 31g pin into my skin hurts like a bee sting.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
The needle itself is no pain, but the plunging hurts quite a bit. It seems like the solution causes burning, stabbing, and pressure as it goes in. I'll probably just reconstitute in such a way so that I don't have to inject as much, but still get the same dose. Either that or try Lactated Ringer's Solution instead of bac water.

GimmeT

Awards
Ocassionally the needle will give me a little pain but never the injection. Are you injecting slowly while pulling the skin up? (assuming subq)

You can find some vids on youtube of others doing it if you're not sure.

OZjames007

OZjames007

Awards
you didnt mix the sodium chloride with it too did you?

you can get "water for injection" aka Bac water... from most chemist/pharmacies.. its uses are wide.. so there really isnt a need to get it from ADC..

in saying that i wouldnt inject less than .5ml 1/2 CC just my preferance.. you will loose alot of solution through the needle itself.

youtube Inj techniques

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
A guy posted this at Dr. M's forum about freezing HCG not sure about it but one can only try it.
http://www.definitivemind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454
=====================================
Go to your local homecare and surgical store and find an IV bag of Lactated Ringer's Solution. This is what they infuse into you for a nutrient IV; it's pH balanced and buffered, it's got a great mix of ions to stabilize various protein structures (not why they're included in the first place, but it works out well for our purposes), and it's all around a good choice for peptide hormone rehydration for the purpose of storage.

Dissolve your hCG in Lactated Ringer's, then aliquot it into some slin pins (at whatever dosage you want to take). Pre-load ALL of your expected dosages into these slin pins. Pull back the plunger from the pin to make sure the liquid will have room to expand, and put all of the pins in the freezer (about -20°C is what a standard freezer holds at if not opened too much). When you need to take a shot, put the pin you need to use in the fridge to thaw... if taking a multi-day course of hCG, it works nicely... take out 1 pin on day 0, shoot that pin on day 1 and at the same time put 1 pin in the fridge for day 2, shoot one pin on day 2, put one in the fridge for day 3... etc.

If you try to freeze hCG in bacteriostatic water, it might not make it... but the comfortable mix of ions, sugars, and the buffered pH of Lactated Ringer's makes it a lot easier on the peptide hormone to store at 4°C or to freeze and thaw. That said, avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles when using hCG from storage.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
easy fix.

SQUEEZE your skin between your fingers hard. Hold it for a few seconds. Then insert the needle.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Very useful pmgamer. I have a batch of "research" hcg that's definitely not buffered for human use. I get huge red patches at the inject site even after I've filtered it so I know it's not bacterial.

I was wracking my brains trying to think of what to buffer the solution with. Thanks!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The needle itself is no pain, but the plunging hurts quite a bit. It seems like the solution causes burning, stabbing, and pressure as it goes in. I'll probably just reconstitute in such a way so that I don't have to inject as much, but still get the same dose. Either that or try Lactated Ringer's Solution instead of bac water.
I cant imagine it's the water, but you never know. I, too, would think it was the alcohol, as it stings me if I inject too soon.

I'd recommend trying subq in the glutes, shoulder or leg. Those spots are less sensitive for me, tho I shoot in the gut most of the time. Once in a while I get a knot at injection site, but rare now that I only shoot 600 IUs, twice per week.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Made up a new batch; this time zero pain on plunging the solution in.

Don't know what made the difference, the new bac water, or the new injection method.

I pinched up the skin just by pushing with the thumb of my free hand, and inserted the needle at a 45 degree angle instead of straight in like I had been doing.

Problem solved. :)

I appreciate everyone's input.

Phil

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Great it must be that you had some bad stuff HCG or Water.
My last batch of HCG 3 box's all the same date were 3x's as strong a bad mix. I called the lab about it they said they have had a lot of calls about it. For me it ment taking 1mg of Arimidex everyday to keep my Estradiol levels down. They did not have anymore of tha lot number to test it so I sent them my last box.

And at the some time I had added DHEA supplements and my labs came back 3x's above the top of the range. So with the stronger HCG and adding DHEA my Estradiol went nuts. When my Estradiol goes higher I get Panic Attacks and taking 1mgs of Arimidex will stop it in 30 min.'s

What a way to spend the Hollyadays

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Phil, what tests confirmed to you that your HGH was low? My IGF1 is near the top of the range, but that doesn't necessarily mean that my HGH is up there, too.