Finally Getting Proper Treatment!

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Finally, I got a doc who understands endocrine issues!

He started me on Armor .5 grain per day to treat my thyroid, and also prescribed hcg.

My protocol (not recommending it to others) now is:

Mon: 35mg T-cyp
Tues: 250iu hcg & 5gm Androgel
Wed: 250iu hcg
Thur: 5mg Androgel
Fri: 35mg T-cyp
Sat: 250iu hcg & 5gm Androgel
Sun: nothing

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Phil

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally, I got a doc who understands endocrine issues!

He started me on Armor .5 grain per day to treat my thyroid, and also prescribed hcg.

My protocol (not recommending it to others) now is:

Mon: 35mg T-cyp
Tues: 250iu hcg & 5gm Androgel
Wed: 250iu hcg
Thur: 5mg Androgel
Fri: 35mg T-cyp
Sat: 250iu hcg & 5gm Androgel
Sun: nothing

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Phil
Really complicated and lacking in elegance, but if it works for you, party on. I've never seen anything like this. If the gel works, why not just gel and hcg?

Get your E2 tested if you are not on an AI. I am willing to wager it is way high with all that hCG on top of all the test. If your test is 200 mgs per cc, your test is probably unnecessarily high, and your DHT may be out of range, placing your prostate and hair at risk.

Good luck.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Complicated? Not that much if I have a 3x5 under my bathroom mirror with my schedule. :)

I prefer injecting T, but don't convert to DHT with shots alone (I was below bottom range), so my GP let me add 5gm A-gel 3x week to bring up DHT. That's the only reason I use gel. If I was on gel alone, I'd have to use the 10gm strength, and that would probably make DHT go too high, plus I'd hate to use that stuff every day.

E2 was recently tested and is ok. Haven't started the hcg yet. PSA has been at a steady .5 last several times tested. Hair started falling out anyway years before TRT, and is no worse now. I still have enough on top to comb. :)

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Complicated? Not that much if I have a 3x5 under my bathroom mirror with my schedule. :)

I prefer injecting T, but don't convert to DHT with shots alone (I was below bottom range), so my GP let me add 5gm A-gel 3x week to bring up DHT. That's the only reason I use gel. If I was on gel alone, I'd have to use the 10gm strength, and that would probably make DHT go too high, plus I'd hate to use that stuff every day.

E2 was recently tested and is ok. Haven't started the hcg yet. PSA has been at a steady .5 last several times tested. Hair started falling out anyway years before TRT, and is no worse now. I still have enough on top to comb. :)
All good if you don't mind doing gel and frequent shots. If you elected TD only, you could get it compounded, into a gel or cream. But if you dont want to do it every day, that's another matter. I can appreciate not wanting to put the gel on; I'd rather shoot, as I sweat a lot, and than that stuff gets all sticky and clings to my shirt. I wouldn't want to shoot 5 times per week, but if you are going to shoot test and hCG, shooting 4-5 days is probably optimal to control e2. If you dont have e2 issues, you probably can shoot the test once per week, particularly since you are using gel three times per week. But I don't mean to impose my preferences for simplicity on you. For me, it ensures compliance, particularly when traveling. (I used to have a complicated regimen, and shot 5 times per week; now I shoot hCG just twice.)

But your E2 will be too high when you add the hCG, much more likely than not. 250 IUs twice per week should be plenty.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Jinxie, I just read an old post by Dr. Crisler that mentioned 2x week for hcg. I may go that route 250x2 or 150x3. I don't mind needles. But if I was busy traveling a lot it would be a pain. :)

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Jinxie, I just read an old post by Dr. Crisler that mentioned 2x week for hcg. I may go that route 250x2 or 150x3. I don't mind needles. But if I was busy traveling a lot it would be a pain. :)
Presumably, youre taking the hCG to keep your nuts plump, for aesthetics, and to maintain your ability to produce endogenously, though there are some additional benefits according to some, including a sense of wellbeing. The 500 IUs per week should accomplish that, without causing major E2 issues. If you aren't concerned about aesthetics (plump nuts) and you dont mind being on T for life, and you don't have any need to maintain fertility, I would forgo the hCG altogether. But I am sure you've thought that through already. Good luck.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I want coconuts not raisins. :)

And also don't want too much trouble getting fertile again. The well-being element of hcg is also important to me.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, I want coconuts not raisins. :)

And also don't want too much trouble getting fertile again. The well-being element of hcg is also important to me.
Did you by chance give hCG monotherapy a chance? I think Colkurtz is 49 or 50, and it works wonders for him. I'm 39, and it works great for me too. (I take 625 IUs, 2 times per week.) However, if you need the gel to get the DHT up to snuff, I suspect hCG won't get you where you want to be by itself.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Right, I don't convert very well T to DHT. Also, I doubt that hcg monotherapy would get me to youthful levels because of my age, Type II diabetes, and thyroid issues. I wish I could do hcg-mono.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Right, I don't convert very well T to DHT. Also, I doubt that hcg monotherapy would get me to youthful levels because of my age, Type II diabetes, and thyroid issues. I wish I could do hcg-mono.
Actually he was in right church wrong pew but he was giving it a good shot
If to make this successfull here is what I would suggest

1) raise testosterone to 50 mgs BIW
2) add hcg in day before shot
3) Apply 2.5 mgs of androgel to a shaved nut sack daily
4) retest in 2 weeks to see where your DHT is the adjust from there, but do not use testosterone as your base because that will be set at trough about 500-600 but the dht should increases dramatically from what shippen has mentioned and my own research.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. So even if it causes a burning sensation down there, it shouldn't cause any dermatological problems with long-term use?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. So even if it causes a burning sensation down there, it shouldn't cause any dermatological problems with long-term use?
You can rub it on unit it self or if there is last resort DHT compounded creame, but more so I would work on manipulation of other pathways to slow down DHT conversion
one can also try rubbing it just above your pecker where the prostate is located so it should avoid that irritation on your nuts..

sounds like you have an imbalance in 5 alpha reductase which needs to be addressed. i would have to do some research why this could occur.