OK TMat... let me have it. Diet Coke addiction here.

Dadnatron

Awards
So I don't thread-jack...

This is not rocket science
1) identify probably cause -

One patient 24 years old had bad hormone and adrenal profile and wanted TRT. Found out that he was toxic from diet soda. Taper the soda, supported hormone systems with adapotgens ,detoxed him correcting the enzymatic pathway associate with aspartame poisoning. His
brain cleared, libido got better, and hormones rebalanced in 4-5 months . NO HRT. I have had numerous cases of these. Look for the cause not the symptoms.

food is thy medicine and medicine is thyr food.
OK... TM.... let me have it....

I am a Diet Coke fiend... not intentionally, but when I entered Medical School I began 'using' to help me remain alert. It morphed into a full fledged addiction which unfortunately... I am able to afford.

I typically drink 6-8 24oz Diet Cokes each day. Beginning on the way to work, and ending on the way to bed. I drink little else in all reality.

I have heard time and again, that it will hurt me, but I have NEVER found anything which actually has shown that there are true ill effects. I have heard that the aspartame is dangerous, however, I also KNOW that it is merely two amino acids hooked together, and its basic metabolism is baseline breakdown products of these two... amino acids L-aspartic acid and L-phenylalanine, but also breaks down into aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol. However in such small quantities as to remain sub-consequential given that human metabolism typically MAKES both Methanol and formaldehyde through normal processes and we have mechanisms which convert these into safe metabolites.

So... I am SURE that I am a prime candidate for diet soda intoxication... in fact, there is probably no one more prime than I am.

I would certainly LIKE to not drink it... but as with anything... it is easy, and apparently serves some purpose, despite my superficial knowledge.

What can I look for to see if I am screwing myself up with Diet Coke?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about the aspartame as much as the phosphoric acid. That stuff will leach calcium from your bones.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about the aspartame as much as the phosphoric acid. That stuff will leach calcium from your bones.
Clinical study
6 nurses followed 4 years of 4-5 cans of diet coke a day
4 developed MS like symptoms 2 other CFS. I think that should be enought right there to make you stop. In order to stop you need to come down slowly other wise going through with drawl. One can a week..till you are off with a good detox program..We use homeopathic detox because if digestion is impaired then herbs and supplements will not get absorbed. homeopathic and tinctures go right to the root into the blood stream that is why they are so effective. Sorry charlie aspartame is more toxic because it can lead in to amyloid scleradoma which is not good..

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Ok Matrix, so between the two of us looks like he has enough reason to stop. :)

Go several years without a real sugar cola, then taste one. Ooooo, it's so good!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ok Matrix, so between the two of us looks like he has enough reason to stop. :)

Go several years without a real sugar cola, then taste one. Ooooo, it's so good!
Like I said I see this reoccurance many times in a clincal setting. Simply by stopping diet sodas head aches and joint pains all go away, fatigue in matter of a few weeks..Some thing so simple is so overlooked. This stuff puts a damper on HPTA axis causing a whole host of problems on top of it.