Glucose tolerance test - AnabolicMinds.com

Glucose tolerance test

1. New Member

Glucose tolerance test

My doctor said I might be insulin resistant after looking at my lipid panel. He suggested maybe taking a glucose tolerance test. Anyway, I decided to try one at home using 75g of glucose and a home glucose meter. Here are the results

fasting. 96

.5 hours 162
    1 hour 129
    2 hours 90
    3 hours 66
    4 hours 105
    5 hours 90

that 66 seems low but might be from the cheap home monitor. Does these results look ok to you? Seems ok to me.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3djedi View Post
    My doctor said I might be insulin resistant after looking at my lipid panel. He suggested maybe taking a glucose tolerance test. Anyway, I decided to try one at home using 75g of glucose and a home glucose meter. Here are the results

fasting. 96

.5 hours 162
    1 hour 129
    2 hours 90
    3 hours 66
    4 hours 105
    5 hours 90

that 66 seems low but might be from the cheap home monitor. Does these results look ok to you? Seems ok to me.
    nope this is known as potentially reactive hypoglycemia.
    I would examine your adrenals and hypothyroid as this is extremely common in this condition. Reason is I had it my self in the past. I would examine your nutrient content via FIA testing and also nutrient testing which I do with all of our patients. Correcting nutrient and lifestyle imbalance detoxing the body tends to resolve >60% of the symptoms.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member

Thanks. I was actually thinking reactive hypo when I saw that 66. I've done a thyroid panel as all my symptoms seem to point in that direction. However, my numbers were good enough that no doctor would treat it.

Tsh. 2.39
    ft4. 1.0 (.8-1.8)
    ft3. 335 (can't remember range. 335 was right in the middle though)

should I test for antibodies? Can you have normal for others and still have abnormal antibodies?

What do I test for adrenals?

What can I do to support thyroid since it is nearly impossible to get a doctor to treat it?
    •   

4. New Member

What is an fia test?
  5. New Member

3djedi, a few endos suspect thyroid issues if their patients' TSH is over 2.0. Your FT4 looks a little lowish.

Here's a link on thyroid anti-bodies: http://www.labtestsonline.org/unders...dies/test.html

To help assess adrenals, here are some tests:

24 urine aldosterone
    24 urine cortisol
    ACTH Stimulation Test (measures before and after cortisol in relation to ACTH injection)

Looking at sodium and chloride levels can also help give some insight, as aldosterone (produced by adrenals) helps manage sodium level.

Symptom-wise, are you intolerant to both heat and cold? Do you sometimes feel shaky like blood-sugar is low, but when you test it, it isn't? Feel tired most of the time, but seem to have a little more energy late at night? Have low LDL cholesterol?

Saying yes to one or more of these symptoms might mean you have adrenal issues.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    nope this is known as potentially reactive hypoglycemia.
    I would examine your adrenals and hypothyroid as this is extremely common in this condition. Reason is I had it my self in the past. I would examine your nutrient content via FIA testing and also nutrient testing which I do with all of our patients. Correcting nutrient and lifestyle imbalance detoxing the body tends to resolve >60% of the symptoms.
    Also a sentinel condition for metabolic syndrome and/ or type II diabetes.
  7. New Member

The doc called my fasting insulin levels were in the normal range
  8. PPB

Quote Originally Posted by Philec48 View Post
    3djedi, a few endos suspect thyroid issues if their patients' TSH is over 2.0. Your FT4 looks a little lowish.

To help assess adrenals, here are some tests:

24 urine aldosterone
    24 urine cortisol
    ACTH Stimulation Test (measures before and after cortisol in relation to ACTH injection)

Looking at sodium and chloride levels can also help give some insight, as aldosterone (produced by adrenals) helps manage sodium level.

Symptom-wise, are you intolerant to both heat and cold? Do you sometimes feel shaky like blood-sugar is low, but when you test it, it isn't? Feel tired most of the time, but seem to have a little more energy late at night? Have low LDL cholesterol?

Saying yes to one or more of these symptoms might mean you have adrenal issues.
    Is it rare to have low adrenals and normal sodium levels, meaning could you have adrenal issues and still normal sodium and chloride?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump put up the test of a Blood Glucose meter!!!
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
  2. AAS Tolerance (2)
    By IroNwIlL2006 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 11:14 PM
  3. Developing a tolerance to test boosters
    By crzyyoungn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
  4. Zero Tolerance for BS