Androgel - AnabolicMinds.com

Androgel

1. New Member

Androgel

Anybody else get headaches from androgel? I've been using it for about a week and just about everyday I'm getting headaches that won't go away.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3djedi View Post
    Anybody else get headaches from androgel? I've been using it for about a week and just about everyday I'm getting headaches that won't go away.
    After 10 days your dr should check T and e2, dht levels to see how it is absorbing.. Dr's should not make you wait 3 months to test.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.

Take the Matrix info and see your doc asap. Androgel has side effects, as with any drug take time to get checked out.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3djedi View Post
    If you are using 5 mgs then most likely you T levels are lower then you started with and this can cause head aches. I actually had a patient that had severe migraines that would disable him from working at random. Since getting his testosterone levels up these pounding headaches are a now a thing of the past.

Also too your estrodial could be raising.
    This is why we tested patients 2 weeks in to make sure along with 24 hour urine testosterone. Then 4-6 weeks down the road we check other hormone parameters to see how the treatment is affecting them. Many times it will either uncover an adrenal or thyroid imbalnaces that needs to be attending too. This is where most Dr's fail at most of the time they leave patients hanging not checking other parameter. This is why we are so successful as well as looking at the root cause.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Senior Member

Here is what I tell men starting on a starting dose of Androgel.
    ============================== ======
    Yes this happens a lot you start on a low starting dose 5 grams when your brain sees the testosterone in your blood even just a little it slows down even stops sending the LH and FSH message to your testis to make the Testosterone you were making. So lets say your labs for Total T were 350 you add this dose of gel your brain sees this and you lose the base level you had before the gel.

Now lets say you need more then 5 grams most do so now all your left with is what the gel is doing so lets say it's doing 200 so you lost 150.

The reason you feel good is your levels go up that 200 the gel is doing in the first 2 weeks so your levels go up to 550 in theory. The brain sees this and you fall back.

Why can this happen it might be how your putting on the gel with Androgel you need to spread it over your upper arms and shoulders and down your back as far as you can reach this is half of your dose then do the other side. Just spread it over the area but don't rub it in.

The other thing is it's not getting through your skin good so you need more. If you have a thyroid problem your skin will become thicker and gels and creams don't get through the skin and you need to switch to shots.

I tell men when they go on Gels to retest in 2 weeks because you can end up feeling worse. Most me just need more gel. Dr.'s that tell men to go on 5 grams of gel and come back in 8 to 12 weeks for labs don't know much about the use of gels. Dr.'s that treat a lot of men for low T on gels see this happen and test them again in 2 weeks.

Call your Dr. and tell him this and that your not feeling good you were but fell back.
  6. Registered User

Its either estrogen or you must be allergic to something in it, get your E2 levels checked and if they are normal try switching brands.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Been on t replacement for about 5 years. never had headache. But some other intersting advice. Consider ordering from life extension pharmacy. they can compound any rx and the cost is 49 to 59 dollars per 3 months ( if your doc will write a 90 day supply at once ) i was paying 240 for androgel with my insurance co-pay so i just pay the 59 out of pocket. im saving 200 every 3 months. Also they can adjust it to any icrement rather than the 2.5 ml increments you are limited to with androgel.
    And lastly they can compound your dose into a very small amount of creme or gel so it makes application quicker, neater and easier.
    I also take arimidex to prevent the test from converting to estrogen. I take it every other day because it's very potent, has a long half life and its enough to keep my estrogens in the low range.
    Hope this helps,
    Larry
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Androgel
    By krogers58 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
  2. androgel?
    By Buffgammaman in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
  3. To Androgel or Not to Androgel...that is the question.
    By littlebigman7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 01:32 AM
  4. androgel plus epi
    By 12STEP in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:52 PM
  5. androgel
    By chessmaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 12:21 PM