How to raise E2? (ya, seriously)

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%

How to raise E2? (ya, seriously)

So I have a unique problem it seems. I appear to be a hyperexcreter of hormones. Before starting HRT my T was in the low 300s and my SHBG was 19.

I was on various dosing of the cream/gel for months but none of them worked because I just dumped it as fast as I applied it. Applying 2ml of the 10% cream in 4 parts over the day worked the best but I still was all over the map during the course of the day and felt like crap. My levels never broke 500.

I switched to injections and got my levels up to 700-800 finally but my problem continues to be low E2. My sensitive estrogen test shows all my levels <15 on every test. I have a lot of low E2 symptoms...no wood/libido, hot flashes, weird anxiety, clicky joints. My SHBG is always 10-15.

I've read the causes of low SHBG and feel they don't affect me...my insulin is low and I eat an extremely low glycemic diet (lots of meat, veggies and good fats). My thyroid was low but I'm on armour and cytomel now and my levels are in the top 3/4 of the range.

From reading the best way to increase E2 is using more hCG I think. My doctor had me on 250iu twice per week and then I was switched to 300iu 2 days on and 1 day off. I inject T cypionate every 3rd day. Even on this dose my low E2 hasn't budged.

Any ideas on this?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

How much test are you taking per week?

500iu hCG twice per week could help... it's the larger and less frequent shots that will increase e2 more

Also, DHEA could help you
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    How much test are you taking per week?

500iu hCG twice per week could help... it's the larger and less frequent shots that will increase e2 more

Also, DHEA could help you
    I'm taking 200iu every 3rd day, comes out to about 100mg weekly I think if I measured correctly. I'm taking 300iu of hCG on the days between T shots. I'm on 50mg of DHEA daily.

The issue is really my low SHBG which is why my E2 is low...but I don't what else to do to raise it.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

what about increasing your dose of test + hcg?

where is your DHT at now?

Perhaps if you stop dividing up your dosages as much, and take a higher amount e4d, you could boost your e2 up. 500iu hCG shot twice per week usually can raise up e2 easily. BUT since you say you are a fast excreter...this may not be good.

Have you tried taking higher dosages of DHEA? This would certainly boost e2.
    What are your DHEAS levels like now?

I'm also assuming that you are not taking an AI?
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have the same problem but my E2 levels were always to high. I do my shots of Depo T 80 mgs using 200 mgs/ml every 3 days and the 2 days in between each I do HCG 400 IU's this keeps me leveled and helps with keeping my blood thin and keep E2 from going all over the place. Higher levels of E2 give me Panic Attacks in the middle of the night. I have dam good levels doing this my SHBG is 19 I keep my E2 at 15 to 18 to feel my best.

I use a small 27g 1ml. x 1/2" lg. needle to do my shots into my thigh been doing this over 5 yrs.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeT View Post
    I'm taking 200iu every 3rd day, comes out to about 100mg weekly I think if I measured correctly. I'm taking 300iu of hCG on the days between T shots. I'm on 50mg of DHEA daily.

The issue is really my low SHBG which is why my E2 is low...but I don't what else to do to raise it.
    I would check the estrogen metabolites before increasing dhea level. You just may be a fast burner of e2 as well as testosteorne. I would look into insulin imbalances as well as low thyroid. Hypothyroidism causes low SHBG in many cases that I have seen in a clincal setting. Once treating the thyroid with proper medications the shbg begins to rise. One would need to most likely increase HCG, but how low is your cholesterol as this may be low which is causing your hormones not to have building blocks.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.03%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I would check the estrogen metabolites before increasing dhea level. You just may be a fast burner of e2 as well as testosteorne. I would look into insulin imbalances as well as low thyroid. Hypothyroidism causes low SHBG in many cases that I have seen in a clincal setting. Once treating the thyroid with proper medications the shbg begins to rise. One would need to most likely increase HCG, but how low is your cholesterol as this may be low which is causing your hormones not to have building blocks.
    As I posted in my original post, my insulin is not an issue. I did have low thyroid but that has been long fixed with thyroid meds. I do seem to metabolize T and E2 very quickly. When I was on the gel it took massive doses to move my levels at all...

I was previously doing injections once per week. My E2 on day 3 after the injection was around the same level, 15 or so.

Of course, larger doses of T and DHEA will just drop my SHBG further causing more problems...

Similar Forum Threads

1. ZMA does not raise testosterone
    By jamjoe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
  2. Best way to RAISE DHT
    By jxpx1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
  3. How much will it take to raise my levels?
    By Ripw4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
  4. To Raise or to Fold?
    By bigred869 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
  5. How can I raise HDL?
    By pcn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 02:19 PM