testosterone diabetes

oscore

Awards
Does increasing T levels reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes?

Does higher T levels help your body process glucose better?

Thanks

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that excess can actually cause dibetis, but that is excess. Someone who is ore familiar with legit HRT can probably talk more about the normal range.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Too much or too little of most things is not good. It may be that testosterone in excess can increase the risk of diabetes, but the good news is that rarely would one have a natural production that is excessive.

Too little testosterone puts men at greater risk for diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
This is true. I was speaking pretty much about injections/juicing.

oscore

Awards
Why don't more doctors prescribe more testosterone for diabetics?
Are there any published reports that normal or higher testosterone levels reduces insulin resistance?

I met with a new endo this week and he told me that higher levels of testosterone is worse for prediabetics.

I did not like this guy anyway. Flat refused HCG and if estrogen is too high then I am getting too much testosterone. The max he wants my T level is between 400 and 500.

I have to see him again because of my thyroid. I had posted before that my TSH was about 3 but it was actually .231 which would possibly be hyperthyroidism. I have more Hypo symptoms than hyper. The only way I have been able to go to work this summer was to take allergy medicine for the amphetamine effects, otherwise I would only be able to work about 3 hours.

Thanks