New doc, new blood tests: what say ya'll?

flipp

Awards
A new doc ordered up a new bunch o blood work. I don't see here again for a few weeks. Meanwhile, what do you think of what I got back? Normal or a little out of whack?
I'm 55, soft as a pillow, tired a lot of the time, etc etc.

LH: 1.9 (ref 1.5 - 9.3)
Prolactin: 5 (2 - 18)
Testosterone: 460 (250 - 1100)
% Free Test: 1.55 (1.50 - 2.20)
Free Test: 70 (35 - 155)

Free t4: .94 (.58 - 1.2)
FT3: 2.97 (2.5 - 3.9)
TSH: .06 (.34 - 5.6)
AM Cort: 20.2 (6.7 - 22.6)

I also take levothyroxine, 175mg, and cytomel 12.5.

thanks!

flipp

Awards
is that estradiol? if so, you're right -- my doc didn't order the test. ooof! but, that aside, can you tell anything from the rest o it?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
is that estradiol? if so, you're right -- my doc didn't order the test. ooof! but, that aside, can you tell anything from the rest o it?
doesn't look too bad to me... but its a pretty small set of labs. T could be higher but you really need to know E2 for a full picture. If your E2 is high, reducing it could bump up your natural T production. It could also be causing a lot of your symptoms. Make sure to ask for a men's estradiol test (sensitive or ultrasensitive).

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Your % Free Testosterone is just about scraping the bottom. That tells me your SHBG may be elevated. Low free T just can't compete well with estradiol, especially if it's high.

For my elevated SHBG I'm taking nettleroot extract. Ask your doc if it's ok for you to take this.