Cholesterol:127
Triglyceride's:57
Alt:37
AST:24
Total Test:879
Free Test:256
% free Test:2.91
Estrodiol:92

I have been on a weekly 100mg dose of cyp for the past year, my initial #'s came back at 256 when i starrted TRT. My question is, should i be concered with such high free test markings?? I feel great, no sides!! I have also been adding in a daily dose of 50mg DHEA and 1000mg Tribulus to the mix. Should i cut out the Tribulus, retest and see my #'s then. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Got my #'s back from my clinic and here is what i found out:

I have been on a weekly 100mg dose of cyp for the past year, my initial #'s came back at 256 when i starrted TRT. My question is, should i be concered with such high free test markings?? I feel great, no sides!! I have also been adding in a daily dose of 50mg DHEA and 1000mg Tribulus to the mix. Should i cut out the Tribulus, retest and see my #'s then. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

what are your reference ranges?

not sure what to make of the estradiol or free test either

rayballs03

Awards
Reference ranges:
total testosterone:250-1100ng
free test:35.0-155.0
estradiol:130 or less pg/ml

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Your numbers look good stop doing so much DHEA this drives up Estradiol levels in men only do 25mgs /day. I don't worry about Free T numbers after all they are Calc. I do not think you did the right Estradiol test unless your don't live in the USA.

Having higher Free numbers tells me your Estradiol levels are OK. High estradiol makes SHBG go up and this binds up Free's.

rayballs03

Awards
Your numbers look good stop doing so much DHEA this drives up Estradiol levels in men only do 25mgs /day. I don't worry about Free T numbers after all they are Calc. I do not think you did the right Estradiol test unless your don't live in the USA.

Having higher Free numbers tells me your Estradiol levels are OK. High estradiol makes SHBG go up and this binds up Free's.

Thanks, i will scale back my DHEA to 25mg daily and my bloodwork had #'s for Estrogen not Estradiol if that matters? Not sure if there are different tests for them.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes there are good test for men one I use is Quest labs test #4021 this has a range of 13 to 54 pg/ml best to be at about 20 with mid range SHBG if your SHBG is on the lower side then your numbers need to be lower say 15 to 20.
Why are you doing so much DHEA have you had your Cortisol levels checked if DHEA tests low you can have Adrenal Fatigue.
This link is loaded with info about this problem.
http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/

rayballs03

Awards
Yes there are good test for men one I use is Quest labs test #4021 this has a range of 13 to 54 pg/ml best to be at about 20 with mid range SHBG if your SHBG is on the lower side then your numbers need to be lower say 15 to 20.
Why are you doing so much DHEA have you had your Cortisol levels checked if DHEA tests low you can have Adrenal Fatigue.
This link is loaded with info about this problem.
http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/
Yes, i was experiencing some adrenal fatigue and have recently started to add in some B-12 complex injections with more added B-5 for stress relief.
My doctor advised me to use DHEA at 50mg daily. Also i should have mentioned that prior to my weekly TRT, i did try the Bioidentical hormone pellets but was not responding well to them. Since going back to my cyp, my estrogen has come down from the 120's and test went from 456 to the 800's in about 6 weeks.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Read the link I gave you I am Hypopituitary and need to treat my low Testosterone, Cortisol, Thyroid, Growth Hormone and the list goes on. You can read my story at this link. I feel if you get your Adreanls support on some Isocort or Cortef HC so why can rest and heal you will feel much better.

As you will see in my story I have been down a long hard road seeing Dr.'s that were not up on Hormones it took me 23 yrs to figure out why I am low on T been on treatment for Hypopituitary 4 yrs now and doing better. So this is why I post to help other men not go through the crap I did.
http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9239

rayballs03

Awards
Read the link I gave you I am Hypopituitary and need to treat my low Testosterone, Cortisol, Thyroid, Growth Hormone and the list goes on. You can read my story at this link. I feel if you get your Adreanls support on some Isocort or Cortef HC so why can rest and heal you will feel much better.

As you will see in my story I have been down a long hard road seeing Dr.'s that were not up on Hormones it took me 23 yrs to figure out why I am low on T been on treatment for Hypopituitary 4 yrs now and doing better. So this is why I post to help other men not go through the crap I did.
http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9239

Thanks bro for all your help!!! I will check out the link and your story.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Got my #'s back from my clinic and here is what i found out:

50 mgs of DHEA appears to be increasing your e2 like crazy. I would look to the estrogen metabolites to make sure you are not increasing the cancer ones which you probably have. Please check your thyroid because low thyroid can cause elevated e2. Cholestetrol being so low can cause neurological issues down the road and also problems with detoxifcation and other hormones such as cortisol and pregenonlone. I think you need to revampe your TRT and look to addressing e2 because this can lead to stroke and insulin resistance if not resolved.

rayballs03

Awards
50 mgs of DHEA appears to be increasing your e2 like crazy. I would look to the estrogen metabolites to make sure you are not increasing the cancer ones which you probably have. Please check your thyroid because low thyroid can cause elevated e2. Cholestetrol being so low can cause neurological issues down the road and also problems with detoxifcation and other hormones such as cortisol and pregenonlone. I think you need to revampe your TRT and look to addressing e2 because this can lead to stroke and insulin resistance if not resolved.
Thanks!! I am going to retest in a couple weeks and look into what you advised, i appreciate the help!! I am taking Anabolic Innovations life support, are you familiar with the product? Do you think this might be keeping my cholesterol on the low side?

need4speed

Awards
Cholesterol:127 does seem rather low.
Thematrix seems to know his stuff

need4speed

Awards
Do you think that will help increase Testosterone levels?