Armour ???????

spinn

Awards
  • Established
My pharmacy tells me they, or for that matter all pharmacies, are no longer able to get Armour thyroid...has anyone else heard this?

First hcg and now this.....is there a lower form of life than the American DR?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My pharmacy tells me they, or for that matter all pharmacies, are no longer able to get Armour thyroid...has anyone else heard this?

First hcg and now this.....is there a lower form of life than the American DR?
ARMOUR

1grain=38mcg(T4) + 9mcg(T3)

3grains=114mcg(T4) + 27mcg(T3)

Many people are around 3 grains

You can replace 3Grains of Armour with

100mcg(T4)(Synthroid) + 25mcg(T3)(Cytomel)
-----------------------------------------------------

Many people have

too low TT3
too high RT3

they need less (T4) and more (T3)
------------------------------------------------------
Make sure not to overdose on T4

many people do not convert T4--->T3
that is lesser or an evil

many people do make the conversion but they do

T4---->RT3

they should avoid any T4 supplementation for about a year.
Using only T3
clear out T4 reserves that convert to harmfull RT3
after that they may want
slowly
get back at T4+T3
supplementation

spinn

Awards
  • Established
thanks..and I do seem to be converting but I do not need anywhere near 3 grains...I actually only take 1/4 grain along with some t4 (levoxyl).....

im just pissed because the criminals are clearly trying to drive up the price but i need to get over that...Im just tired of trying to get drs to stop taking emerying I own....its exhausting.

i need a sleep med called xyrem and they have jacked the price all the way to $1000 a month when it used tp cost about $8 a month so my paranoia is justified.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I've heard about this. It's not banned or anything, it's really a production issue and there's low supply. There are a few other brands of desiccated thyroid available but I don't recall the names.

RPHMark

Awards
You just need to go to a compounding pharmacy. I guarantee that they are already making it.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
You just need to go to a compounding pharmacy. I guarantee that they are already making it.
thanks Mark I will ask about that, my pharmacy does compounding.....hopefully ther can help

spinn

Awards
  • Established
thanks Mark I will ask about that, my pharmacy does compounding.....hopefully ther can help
yes they willl do it and it is cheap, about the same price as armour....apparently my pharmmacy is giving out a lot of armour lately, maybe people are finally starting to wise up

thanks again, compounding never occurred to me

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
yes they willl do it and it is cheap, about the same price as armour....apparently my pharmmacy is giving out a lot of armour lately, maybe people are finally starting to wise up

thanks again, compounding never occurred to me
There was/is a quality issue wit Armour.

They changed something, supposedly the amount of hormones in each pill did not changed,
but who cares,
people are assimilating unexpected amounts of thyroid hormones from those new pills and that is a big issue.

Activity of these pills is variable, depending on a way you eat them.

So thread carefully.

I switched to separate T3 and T4 (Cytomel + Synthroid).

Not because I am suddedly in love with big Pharma
but I need predictable supply of my hormones.

I also inject 50mg testosterone EOD.
That is exactly what I need and expect, no more, no less.

If someone change that with out my knowledge and consent I doubt that it would make me happy.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
There was/is a quality issue wit Armour.

They changed something, supposedly the amount of hormones in each pill did not changed,
but who cares,
people are assimilating unexpected amounts of thyroid hormones from those new pills and that is a big issue.

Activity of these pills is variable, depending on a way you eat them.

So thread carefully.

I switched to separate T3 and T4 (Cytomel + Synthroid).

Not because I am suddedly in love with big Pharma
but I need predictable supply of my hormones.

I also inject 50mg testosterone EOD.
That is exactly what I need and expect, no more, no less.

If someone change that with out my knowledge and consent I doubt that it would make me happy.

interesting, I had not heard that......I wil just take levoxyl for now as I seem to be converting t4 to t3 and I was only on 1/4 grain armour per day anyways...arent synthetic hormones...ie synthroid bad?

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Some people have problems with synthroid which is why many would take the desiccated thyroid. Not everyone has issues so you'll have to try it out.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Some people have problems with synthroid which is why many would take the desiccated thyroid. Not everyone has issues so you'll have to try it out.
People have a problem with Synthroid (T4)
not because Synthroid is bad quality medicine.

Synthroid is supposed to be T4, and that it is.

It happens to be miss applied by doctors.
Doctors give Synthroid to everybody who needs thyroid hormones, regardless if they need T4 or T3.

Synthroid works for those who are able to make the required T3 out of supplied T4.

Those who are not able to make that conversion cannot be helped by Synthroid.

There is nothing wrong with Synthroid it is just (sometimes) mis-applied.

Gas should be put into a gas tank, window washer fluid is to be put in different tank.

But when label says that the container is full of window washer fluid but instead it is filled with gasoline...................

Mis-application of Synthroid is a big problem for a part of population, that is why natural thyroid hormones make big difference for them.

But if natural thyroid hormone pills have a certain label, that is a promise to deliver certain amount of hormones. There lies disconnect with recent Armour fiasco. It delivers something else than it promised.

Many people need even more T3 than is contained in (properly working) natural hormone pills.