1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Question about DHT/E2

So, I have realized I am a poor a$$ converter of T=>DHT, SO I am wondering, because of this, if I should go extra heavy on the arimidex to hopefully bump up DHT - until I can get DHT cream or try out gels? I was on accutane again and it caused a dip in libido.. accutane is known to effect the 5 alpha reductase enzyme longterm in some people, as well as cause insulin resistance.

Good idea? I am thinking .5mg eod or more

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

First thing here is a good link I have about DHT you need to understand about this going on gels will get DHT levels up but for most men like myself levels went 4x's above the top of my labs range and this was driving my Prostate nuts and my hair was falling out.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

Doing Arimidex at .5 mgs EOD will kill your levels and give you some bad ED problems. You don't get your DHT levels up doing this. If you tested to high for Estradiol over 30 pg/ml then do some arimdex .25 mgs every 2 of 3 days. when your level are there best you will get some strong night time and morning wood the kind that wake you up. Keep taking the arimidex but if your wood stops your going down to low stop taking it until wood comes back then go back on it but do less if your on every 2 days go to every 3 days and so on.

DHT finds it's best levels when you have your hormones in balance and your Estradiol levels at about 20 pg/ml.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.48%

You're on HCG mono, right gutterpump? Probably best to add a T little gel for DHT. I'm playing with this myself because my DHT is sub-optimal on HCG mono. Like pmgamer said, you wouldn't want to squash your E2 or you'd probably feel worse than low DHT.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%

No, my normal protocol now is 200mg of test-cyp weekly and 500iu of hCG twice per week. My DHT numbers suck. Bottom of range.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    First thing here is a good link I have about DHT you need to understand about this going on gels will get DHT levels up but for most men like myself levels went 4x's above the top of my labs range and this was driving my Prostate nuts and my hair was falling out.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

Doing Arimidex at .5 mgs EOD will kill your levels and give you some bad ED problems. You don't get your DHT levels up doing this. If you tested to high for Estradiol over 30 pg/ml then do some arimdex .25 mgs every 2 of 3 days. when your level are there best you will get some strong night time and morning wood the kind that wake you up. Keep taking the arimidex but if your wood stops your going down to low stop taking it until wood comes back then go back on it but do less if your on every 2 days go to every 3 days and so on.

DHT finds it's best levels when you have your hormones in balance and your Estradiol levels at about 20 pg/ml.

Thanks I'll try this out. I may have been taking far too much adex. I definitely think that I'll switch to gels soon if I can't get the DHT up.

I thought that lowering your e2 will artificially boost DHT, which was what I wanted to do for a short time, but you're right, killing e2 is not good. It's funny, my doc is more willing to prescribe winstrol than DHT cream. I am sure the winny would do wonders for the libido, etc, but that's not the way to go for the long term. Free test would be too high and the androgenic sides can get bad after some time on it.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I do 200mgs but I do it this way 80 mgs every 3 days and the HCG the 2 days each in between doing this keeps me leveled and holds down Estradiol. If you do a big 200 mg shot all at once most of it converts into Estradiol. So doing less more offten works better been doing this for yrs.

I keep my TT levels up into the 800's top of range is 1100 at Quest Labs. I keep my Estradiol in check doing only .25mgs of Arimidex every 3 days. Before on a 200mgs shot a week I needed 1 mg of Arimidex everyday.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%

Well I went on a hunch last night.. intead of stopping arimidex to see if I was taking too much, I took .75mg (even though I had taken .5mg the day before).... and I had stronger morning wood today and during the night.

I'm taking twice per week shots of test-cyp (that's every 3 or 4 days). I guess I need more arimidex on this protocol?? Or switch to every other day dosing. Seems extreme but I guess my theory was right that my e2 is so high because DHT is on the low end.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yep sure sounds like your right Estradiol was to high now I would try doing your shots every 3 days I find doing less more often keeps me more leveled and holds down estradiol levels doing a smaller shot more often it sounds like this is what your doing. Also now try taking .25mgs of arimidex everyday. I find it is very hard to keep it in the sweet spot it keeps changing from month to month even week to week. There are times I do .25 mgs everyday and other times I only need to do this every 3 days. One thing I also take that helps is zinc I get it from using NOW brand ZMA I take 3 at bed time and because Zinc will lower Copper I take 2 mgs at noon this helps.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%

Yeah I'm taking a chelated mineral supplement every night. Millennium Sports Technologies ZMK, which has chelated copper in it as well. Zinc, magnesium and krebs cycle chelated minerals, full spectrum. Been a good product for me, a staple:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m...ggie-caps.html

Zinc (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 30mg 200%
    Magnesium (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 500mg 125%
    Vitamin b6 (as pyridoxal 5'phosphate) 25mg 1250%
    Complete Krebs Chelated Mineral support blend
    Selenium (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 200mcg 286%
    Copper (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 2mg 100%
    Maganese (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 4mg 200%
    Chromium (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 200mcg 167%
    Molybdenum (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 80mcg 106%
    Potassium (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 100mg 3%
    Boron (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 4mg **
    Vanadium (As krebs cycle cfmsa chelates) 25mcg **
    Naturally occurring 72 trace mineral blend 4mg **
    Krebs cycle intermediates
    Citrate,fumarate,malate,succin ate,Alpha-keto-glutarate
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

From what I know about this you can't take Zinc and Copper together I found out the hard was taking this.
    http://www.myvitanet.com/zincop100cnt.html
    Some where I have a good link about this but can't find it.
    Great I found it here is a cut and paste from this link.
    http://www.catie.ca/supple-e.nsf/9f2...8!OpenDocument
    ============================== =======
    Zinc should be taken at one meal and copper at another because each mineral interferes with the other’s absorption. Because cysteine is used to make metallthionein, the protein that regulates zinc and copper, many nutritionists recommend supplements of NAC (N-acetylcysteine).
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%

What is the ratio that you should keep Zinc : Copper in?
    If I am taking a lot of Zinc, should I also increase the amount of Copper that I supplement?

Also, is 1gram of NAC safe to take in the longterm?
    I take about 1200mg daily now.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am not sure about NAC read this search.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...steine&aqi=g10
    For every 50mgs of Zinc Dr. Shippen says to add 2 mgs of Copper. I would not do more then 100mgs of zinc in a day.

Men just starting on zinc should start with 100 mgs a day then in about a month cut back to 50 mgs.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2