Anti-Aging Tips

David Orman

Awards
Pay close attention to your diet. A diet that’s high in fat is the worst thing you can possibly do. Fatty foods will make your skin greasy, and according to a recent study wrinkles formed much faster in individuals who consumed large amounts of fat. You should be eating vegetables, fish, and lean protein every day! These foods will provide the vitamins and nutrition that will nourish your skin and keep it healthy. You should also avoid sweets and other desserts.

Stay hydrated. Proper hydration is critical in order to maintain the health of your skin and avoid the formation of wrinkles. Drink as much water and natural juice as you possibly can. Coffee and soda are terrible for you skin and should only be consumed in small quantities. Water is one of the best weapons in your anti-aging arsenal.

Don’t smoke. Nicotine will deprive your skin of the minerals it needs to sustain itself. Smokers will commonly age much faster than the average individual and they are much more likely to fall victim to wrinkles.

Decrease stress and pamper your body. Studies have shown that people with lower amounts of stress have fewer wrinkles and more youthful skin. One of the best anti-aging tools you have is the ability to rest and relax.

Vegking

Awards
I highly doubt fats like avocados, olive oil, fish oils and coconut oil make your skin age. Please clarify what kind of fats. thanks.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
This thread should be renamed how to avoid wrinkles because that's it's main focus. No mention of cardio or strength and conditioning etc.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Personally i like dietry fat. If i drop my fat intake too much my strength drops and so does libido. That includes saturated fat. Anytime except pre or post workout. Steak and eggs are the best :)

I'd also add that the No.1 training tip is Train To Avoid Injury. Moderate weights in a continuous tension type style, nothing explosive. I've never been injured with this style.

Grow and avoid staleness by increasing weights and/or intensity for 4-6 weeks on the same routine....then change.

Never overeat. Eat all maconutients but don't over do it. If there's still food on the plate and you've had enough then walk away.

Stretch regularly. I have a separate or two just for cardio, abs and stretching and i feel absolutely fantastic after them.

I'm sure there's loads more but this is just a couple of things i do now that i'm getting older. I train now for longevity and my passion for benching 5 plates just isn't there like it used to be.

prodigy88

prodigy88

Awards
Lifting weights and solid cardio is of course gonna be the best long term strategy for staying healthy and fit. I don't think Nicotine isn't the big aging issue with smoking I think it is more the 100's of pollutants being inhaled and absorbed. I am a big believer in anti-oxidants to help the process. One thing alot of people seem to never talk about is the amount of regular quality sleep. One of the biggest benefits of sleep is that your immune system gets a giant boost during REM. Something to think about....

annielizstan

Awards
Drinking more water is key to anti aging success.
Green tea and dark chocolate are rich in UV-blocking antioxidants. Always use sunscreen during the strongest sunlight, between noon and 3 .
Sun screen protects.
Eat Healthy and always seek to eat healthier.
Sleep well each night.Best way.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Drinking more water is key to anti aging success.
Green tea and dark chocolate are rich in UV-blocking antioxidants. Always use sunscreen during the strongest sunlight, between noon and 3 .
Sun screen protects.
Eat Healthy and always seek to eat healthier.
Sleep well each night.Best way.
Let me make it easier

1. We must be able to absorb, assimilate and eliminate food properly other wise oxidative stress will increase accelerating the aging process.
2. Just because we sleep for 8 hours does not mean we are getting quality sleep. Areas I focus on heavily is getting people quality sleep by looking at neurotransmitters, endocrine , immune and other life style changes are crucial
3. Quality of water we drink - drinking out of plastic bottles does not qualify or tap water, but rather proper filtration is crucial in order to achieve good health
4. Air quality - when I am in my house I have a air purifier system going 24 hours a day since I work from my home. It has made a huge difference in the allergies, for me and my girl.
5. Thoughts we think- Remove all negative thoughts project positivity in the world not negativity. Since removing all the negative people from my life, professionally speaking and "friends" my life has been dramatically stress free and drama free. I have a great relationship with my GF. We do not let other peoples problem become ours. We support and give feed back with friends, but they own their problems not us ...
6. Last and finally, proper hormone balance..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me-

Less stress is the key. This comes in the form of getting the exercise and activity levels (I personally) need, trying to get the best sleep I can, eating as well as possible, and maintaining a positive mindset.

With my career and life, stress will always be a part of it, so it is a matter of recognizing it and addressing as best that I can. It must be working because I look and feel better than 95% of the late 30s/early 40s guys I know or see everyday.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
For me-Less stress is the key. This comes in the form of getting the exercise and activity levels (I personally) need, trying to get the best sleep I can, eating as well as possible, and maintaining a positive mindset.With my career and life, stress will always be a part of it, so it is a matter of recognizing it and addressing as best that I can. It must be working because I look and feel better than 95% of the late 30s/early 40s guys I know or see everyday.
Reading your posts you are a very wise person...Just takes time for it sink in with others . It all comes back to the basics.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established