Pregnenolone Sulfate

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Pregnenolone Sulfate

I've been doing alot of reading on pregnenolone and adrenal hormones in general. So far i've noticed Crisler recommends TD Preg, and other Dr's still recommend Oral. I have also put together that some people respond / feel better on either one depending on the person.

I've read posts from people about how topical dhea didnt budge their dhea numbers, yet oral sky rocketed it due to the conversion to DHEAS which acts as a reservoir of sorts that the body can use when needed by pulling the Sulfate off of the DHEA.

Im assuming, but not positive that pregnenolone might work in the same way since a metabolite of pregnenolone is PREGS the Sulfated form. I cant find any information regarding the half life of PREGS, but if it works anything like DHEA than oral may be the best way to take it to avoid the enzyme reactions that take place through transdermal use, and build up a "reservoir of PREGS".

If anyone else has any information about the two i'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.56%

Your 28 I do not think either one of those will help but I may be wrong you will have to try it.In most cases DHEA levels do not drop until about age 35 or so.Im 50 and take 200mg of DHEA orally and notice a huge difference in overall mood and well being.I used to take preg and Dhea but now just the Dhea.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%

Im on trt and i've read that the testes produce about 25 percent of the bodies DHEA, so I started taking 50mg a day and noticed a huge boost in well being, reduced brain fog, and anti-stress benefits.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder8806 View Post
    I've been doing alot of reading on pregnenolone and adrenal hormones in general. So far i've noticed Crisler recommends TD Preg, and other Dr's still recommend Oral. I have also put together that some people respond / feel better on either one depending on the person.

I've read posts from people about how topical dhea didnt budge their dhea numbers, yet oral sky rocketed it due to the conversion to DHEAS which acts as a reservoir of sorts that the body can use when needed by pulling the Sulfate off of the DHEA.

Im assuming, but not positive that pregnenolone might work in the same way since a metabolite of pregnenolone is PREGS the Sulfated form. I cant find any information regarding the half life of PREGS, but if it works anything like DHEA than oral may be the best way to take it to avoid the enzyme reactions that take place through transdermal use, and build up a "reservoir of PREGS".

If anyone else has any information about the two i'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.
    Oral PREG is 5-AR'd to a metabolite that can act as a benzodiazepene. I have seen it induce, literally, stupor in those with high 5-AR activity. You just don't see that (except in extremely rare cases--ANYTHING is possible with hormones) with PREG TD.

This is also the only place I use cream instead of gel as TD base. A slower absorption makes sense here, even if it means losing some to clothing etc, which is increased with creams.

Supplement manufacturers recommend PREG p.o. because it is cheaper to make and handle. Other doctors recommend p.o. because they do not truly understand how the hormone works.

There are reasons why I do what I do.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ephedrine sulfate or hcl
    By rob88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
  2. Albuterol Sulfate
    By meltz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM
  3. glucosamine sulfate or?
    By getswole3332 in forum Supplements