Can arimidex cause hypertension

mqsymth

Awards
Can arimidex taken at 0.25mg EOD induce high blood pressure? Has anyone experienced this?

Can transdermal TRT (testim or compounded T cream) induce high blood pressure.

The reason why I'm asking was my BP was 130/80 6months ago. At that time I switched from Testim to compounded T cream from University Compounding Pharmacy. In addition I started arimidex at 0.25mg EOD on 8/1/09. My E2 dropped from 47 6months ago to 22 in my labs on 8/19/09. On 9/4/09 my BP was 164/87. Both my Endo and Urol have no idea.

Any ideas?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
don't think adex causes hypertension but elevated testosterone and/or DHT can... what are your levels?

mqsymth

Awards
8/19 labs

Here are my 8/19/09 labs
t =552 ng/dl
Bio T 106 ng/dl <-low
SBG 51 nmol/l <-high
E2 22 pg/ml
DHT 243 ng/dl <--very high!
Prolactin 26.1 ng/ml <-high but on cabergolin to knock down

How do you knock down DHT??? Saw doesn't seem to do it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
8/19 labs

Here are my 8/19/09 labs
t =552 ng/dl
Bio T 106 ng/dl <-low
SBG 51 nmol/l <-high
E2 22 pg/ml
DHT 243 ng/dl <--very high!
Prolactin 26.1 ng/ml <-high but on cabergolin to knock down

How do you knock down DHT??? Saw doesn't seem to do it.
Geezus, of course you have high BP with that DHT!!! You need to get on a BP med pronto. You risk a stroke or infarction while working out. Seriously. Celery seed, Dandelion root, and Hawthorne Berry extracts will help. But you are so high you need a BP med. A diuretic may work well, with some positive effects.

Note, drinking lots of water before a reading can increase BP big time. Try taking it in the morning, just after waking up, on empty stomach, after sitting and relaxing a few minutes.

GL

mqsymth

Awards
Thanks jinxie.

Yes I started the BP med Cozaar. I also started Hawthorn, Coleus Forskohlii and ordered celery seed extract. I noticed that nutraplanet has a vit called Life support by anabolic Innovations that has all these herbs and more. Has anyone used this?

I didn't want to use the diueric hydrochlorothiaazide because the side effects can cause ED and hair loss...a self defeating med while we are on TRT!

Geezus, of course you have high BP with that DHT!!! You need to get on a BP med pronto. You risk a stroke or infarction while working out. Seriously. Celery seed, Dandelion root, and Hawthorne Berry extracts will help. But you are so high you need a BP med. A diuretic may work well, with some positive effects.

Note, drinking lots of water before a reading can increase BP big time. Try taking it in the morning, just after waking up, on empty stomach, after sitting and relaxing a few minutes.

GL

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
For what its worth I still think your overall test if low.. Should not be any lower than 600-800 range in my opinion.. You can reallly feel the difference when you get upwards of 800 bro..

How large of a dose of trt are you taking a day?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks jinxie.

Yes I started the BP med Cozaar. I also started Hawthorn, Coleus Forskohlii and ordered celery seed extract. I noticed that nutraplanet has a vit called Life support by anabolic Innovations that has all these herbs and more. Has anyone used this?

I didn't want to use the diueric hydrochlorothiaazide because the side effects can cause ED and hair loss...a self defeating med while we are on TRT!
You may want to take .5 mgs of finasteride, at bedtime, right before bed, so it doesn't mess with the nookie. That should knock the DHT down.

Frankly, I dont understand how your DHT can be that high with your levels of Test. B4 being on TRT, were you losing hair on your head, and growing it where dont want it?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Frankly, I dont understand how your DHT can be that high with your levels of Test. B4 being on TRT, were you losing hair on your head, and growing it where dont want it?
When I used transdermal T, my total T dropped from 400 to 300 and DHT went from 40 to 120. Some people convert transdermals straight to DHT... for those, injectable T is better.

mqsymth

Awards
Thanks PumpDogg.

You're right it should be in the 600-800 range. About 5 months back I was applying 100mg/day of transdermal T creme and got my T level to high up to 1200...but I was also appling a dab of the creme to my testies as/per the book by Dr. Shippen. On another forum I was told not to do that because not even Dr. Shippen recommends doing that any more. So I dropped down to 75mg/day and my 8/19 level was 552. On 9/10 I switched back to Testim 50mg/day because I thought perhaps the compounded creme was causing the problem. Anyway I have an appointment with Dr. Crisler a couple of weeks from now and will get things straight. I can tell you though, the Endo's and Urol's here in chicago are incompetent when it comes to TRT.

For what its worth I still think your overall test if low.. Should not be any lower than 600-800 range in my opinion.. You can reallly feel the difference when you get upwards of 800 bro..

How large of a dose of trt are you taking a day?

mqsymth

Awards
No finasteride can really screw you up. There is a whole forum at forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-health-forum/help-me-please-finasteride-134248317.html
that is populated by guys who were on finsteride and how it screwed up their hpta and testosterone levels.

Six months ago my DHT levels were 107 ng/dl. Still high. Perhaps I convert to much of the transdermal to DHT as sugested by Leanguy.

You may want to take .5 mgs of finasteride, at bedtime, right before bed, so it doesn't mess with the nookie. That should knock the DHT down.