Can arimidex cause hypertension

  1. Registered User
    mqsymth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0

    Can arimidex cause hypertension


    Can arimidex taken at 0.25mg EOD induce high blood pressure? Has anyone experienced this?

    Can transdermal TRT (testim or compounded T cream) induce high blood pressure.

    The reason why I'm asking was my BP was 130/80 6months ago. At that time I switched from Testim to compounded T cream from University Compounding Pharmacy. In addition I started arimidex at 0.25mg EOD on 8/1/09. My E2 dropped from 47 6months ago to 22 in my labs on 8/19/09. On 9/4/09 my BP was 164/87. Both my Endo and Urol have no idea.

    Any ideas?

  2. Registered User
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0


    don't think adex causes hypertension but elevated testosterone and/or DHT can... what are your levels?
  3. Registered User
    mqsymth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0


    8/19 labs


    Here are my 8/19/09 labs
    t =552 ng/dl
    Bio T 106 ng/dl <-low
    SBG 51 nmol/l <-high
    E2 22 pg/ml
    DHT 243 ng/dl <--very high!
    Prolactin 26.1 ng/ml <-high but on cabergolin to knock down

    How do you knock down DHT??? Saw doesn't seem to do it.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mqsymth View Post
    How do you knock down DHT??? Saw doesn't seem to do it.
    Switch to injectable T
  5. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mqsymth View Post
    8/19 labs


    Here are my 8/19/09 labs
    t =552 ng/dl
    Bio T 106 ng/dl <-low
    SBG 51 nmol/l <-high
    E2 22 pg/ml
    DHT 243 ng/dl <--very high!
    Prolactin 26.1 ng/ml <-high but on cabergolin to knock down

    How do you knock down DHT??? Saw doesn't seem to do it.
    Geezus, of course you have high BP with that DHT!!! You need to get on a BP med pronto. You risk a stroke or infarction while working out. Seriously. Celery seed, Dandelion root, and Hawthorne Berry extracts will help. But you are so high you need a BP med. A diuretic may work well, with some positive effects.

    Note, drinking lots of water before a reading can increase BP big time. Try taking it in the morning, just after waking up, on empty stomach, after sitting and relaxing a few minutes.

    GL
  6. Registered User
    mqsymth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0


    Thanks jinxie.

    Yes I started the BP med Cozaar. I also started Hawthorn, Coleus Forskohlii and ordered celery seed extract. I noticed that nutraplanet has a vit called Life support by anabolic Innovations that has all these herbs and more. Has anyone used this?

    I didn't want to use the diueric hydrochlorothiaazide because the side effects can cause ED and hair loss...a self defeating med while we are on TRT!

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Geezus, of course you have high BP with that DHT!!! You need to get on a BP med pronto. You risk a stroke or infarction while working out. Seriously. Celery seed, Dandelion root, and Hawthorne Berry extracts will help. But you are so high you need a BP med. A diuretic may work well, with some positive effects.

    Note, drinking lots of water before a reading can increase BP big time. Try taking it in the morning, just after waking up, on empty stomach, after sitting and relaxing a few minutes.

    GL
  7. Registered User
    PumpDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    452
    Answers
    0


    For what its worth I still think your overall test if low.. Should not be any lower than 600-800 range in my opinion.. You can reallly feel the difference when you get upwards of 800 bro..

    How large of a dose of trt are you taking a day?
  8. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mqsymth View Post
    Thanks jinxie.

    Yes I started the BP med Cozaar. I also started Hawthorn, Coleus Forskohlii and ordered celery seed extract. I noticed that nutraplanet has a vit called Life support by anabolic Innovations that has all these herbs and more. Has anyone used this?

    I didn't want to use the diueric hydrochlorothiaazide because the side effects can cause ED and hair loss...a self defeating med while we are on TRT!
    You may want to take .5 mgs of finasteride, at bedtime, right before bed, so it doesn't mess with the nookie. That should knock the DHT down.

    Frankly, I dont understand how your DHT can be that high with your levels of Test. B4 being on TRT, were you losing hair on your head, and growing it where dont want it?
  9. Registered User
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Frankly, I dont understand how your DHT can be that high with your levels of Test. B4 being on TRT, were you losing hair on your head, and growing it where dont want it?
    When I used transdermal T, my total T dropped from 400 to 300 and DHT went from 40 to 120. Some people convert transdermals straight to DHT... for those, injectable T is better.
  10. Registered User
    mqsymth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0


    Thanks PumpDogg.

    You're right it should be in the 600-800 range. About 5 months back I was applying 100mg/day of transdermal T creme and got my T level to high up to 1200...but I was also appling a dab of the creme to my testies as/per the book by Dr. Shippen. On another forum I was told not to do that because not even Dr. Shippen recommends doing that any more. So I dropped down to 75mg/day and my 8/19 level was 552. On 9/10 I switched back to Testim 50mg/day because I thought perhaps the compounded creme was causing the problem. Anyway I have an appointment with Dr. Crisler a couple of weeks from now and will get things straight. I can tell you though, the Endo's and Urol's here in chicago are incompetent when it comes to TRT.

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post
    For what its worth I still think your overall test if low.. Should not be any lower than 600-800 range in my opinion.. You can reallly feel the difference when you get upwards of 800 bro..

    How large of a dose of trt are you taking a day?
  11. Registered User
    mqsymth's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0


    No finasteride can really screw you up. There is a whole forum at forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-health-forum/help-me-please-finasteride-134248317.html
    that is populated by guys who were on finsteride and how it screwed up their hpta and testosterone levels.

    Six months ago my DHT levels were 107 ng/dl. Still high. Perhaps I convert to much of the transdermal to DHT as sugested by Leanguy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    You may want to take .5 mgs of finasteride, at bedtime, right before bed, so it doesn't mess with the nookie. That should knock the DHT down.

    Frankly, I dont understand how your DHT can be that high with your levels of Test. B4 being on TRT, were you losing hair on your head, and growing it where dont want it?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CKD/TKD and hypertension
    By bigzach1234 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
  2. White Coat Hypertension
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
  3. Hypertension 101
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 01:18 AM
  4. Hypertension while on
    By Gethuge in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 04:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in