DHEA, Thyroid, and Prolactin question

punxweb

Awards
I take thyroid meds and testosterone cream daily. I get bloodwork done every 6 weeks to see where my levels are at. My TSH levels have always been high, ususlly 6-10. My T3 and T4 levels are always within reference range. The doc has me on Armour and Cytomel, 1 grain and 5mg. What would cause elevated TSH levels if you have adequate T3 & T4 levels?

Last blood work showed that my levels of DHEA were a little on the low end. The doc had some DHEA added to my compounded cream. My levels dropped from 287 to 195, ref 280 -640. Can anyone explain why the addition of DHEA caused a drop in my levels?

Last blood test showed my prolactin at 6.3, ref 2.1-17.7. One month later my prolactin levels nearly doubled to 11.4. What could cause this. Is this type of fluctuation normal?

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Last blood test showed my prolactin at 6.3, ref 2.1-17.7. One month later my prolactin levels nearly doubled to 11.4. What could cause this. Is this type of fluctuation normal?

If your prolactin is spiking/fluctuating like this, you might want to get an MRI done to check out your pituitary, as well as several prolactin tests within one week to rule out a possible prolactinoma.

punxweb

Awards
I was reading about that and it had me wondering. I have a doc appointment next week. I will ask him about that. What is a normal fluctuation?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your prolactin levels don't seem too bad to be honest, they are all within range. Getting a pituitary MRI is always the best thing to do for anyone with hormonal problems though, your insurance will not question the need for it. Wouldn't hurt to test prolactin several times over the week as well. It's really the only way to know. If you have a prolactinoma, simply treating this (with something like caber, etc) is usually enough to bring your natural T levels back to normal, but I guess that depends on how long you've been on TRT and been shutdown for.

punxweb

Awards
I have been on TRT for a little under a year. My LH and FSH are still on the map. Not shut down yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21