Estradiol = 6

  1. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Estradiol = 6


    Why would a male have estrogen this low? My E2 (ultra-sensative) is 6. Im doing pre-work for TRT right now...just finished 10 weeks of clomid therapy about 3 weeks ago.

    Before Clomid - Total T 365
    SHBG - 15
    Estradiol - 12

    Blood last day of Clomid

    Total T - 575
    SHBG - 21
    Estradiol - 12

    3 weeks later

    Total T - 570
    SHBG - 29
    Estradiol - 6

    Why is my estrogen so low? I'm not on any aromatase inhibitors or anything weird. Just a normal, high fat, high protein, high carb diet with plenty of fish oil vitamins, etc. I'm taking Cissus and Celadrin. My joints are really bothering me lately.

    Doc told me to take DHEA for 2 weeks 50mg/day and then we will discuss how I feel and if I should continue on to TRT.

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    Why would a male have estrogen this low? My E2 (ultra-sensative) is 6. Im doing pre-work for TRT right now...just finished 10 weeks of clomid therapy about 3 weeks ago.

    Before Clomid - Total T 365
    SHBG - 15
    Estradiol - 12

    Blood last day of Clomid

    Total T - 575
    SHBG - 21
    Estradiol - 12

    3 weeks later

    Total T - 570
    SHBG - 29
    Estradiol - 6

    Why is my estrogen so low? I'm not on any aromatase inhibitors or anything weird. Just a normal, high fat, high protein, high carb diet with plenty of fish oil vitamins, etc. I'm taking Cissus and Celadrin. My joints are really bothering me lately.

    Doc told me to take DHEA for 2 weeks 50mg/day and then we will discuss how I feel and if I should continue on to TRT.
    Only take DHEA if indicated. Are you taking alot of zinc?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    no zinc. Only the wee-bit thats included in my weak multi.

    I do take alot of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) up to 2,000mg/day spaced out 1 morning 1 night to aid in skin recovery/immune system/overall healing.

    Doctor told me to take 25mg dhea morning and 25mg at night to help increase E2.


    Seems to me like the problem lies in the fact that my T is low because my body isn't producing whats it supposed to and therefore the amount of aromatase enzyme that my body produces is probably determined by my brain for a higher T level...maybe like 900-1000. So if my T levels were higher, id have regular E2?

    I guess this explains why my havoc cycle a long time back REALLY dried me out to the point I couldn't move my elbows.


    Thanks for your support Matrix.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Forgot to mention,

    LH - 2.6
  5. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    matrix maybe the possiblie rise in SHBG bound some more E2 too it as well as a little bit of test, given the results its my only thought...
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Lh comes from vitamin D, vitamin E, arachidonic acid. I find many people low on all of these especially on vitamin D 70% of the people I come across are low on this. The rise in shbg could be possible the drop in cortisol, lower gh as well. I would check Igf-1, ferritin, and am cortisol or even do a cortisol saliva test. Your shbg is why too high for that amount of T which is binding it up resulting in lower bio T. Before putting people on DHEA I have them check estrogen metabolites to make sure they are going in proper direction so cancer does not happen
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Lh comes from vitamin D, vitamin E, arachidonic acid. I find many people low on all of these especially on vitamin D 70% of the people I come across are low on this. The rise in shbg could be possible the drop in cortisol, lower gh as well. I would check Igf-1, ferritin, and am cortisol or even do a cortisol saliva test. Your shbg is why too high for that amount of T which is binding it up resulting in lower bio T. Before putting people on DHEA I have them check estrogen metabolites to make sure they are going in proper direction so cancer does not happen
    I take 2,000iu of vitamin D, day plus tons of fish oil and small dosage of E.

    IGF-1 on tests a few months back was mid-range.

    Cortisol, a few months back was a little on the higher end.

    I really don't know why SHBG is increasing...yes its high, and I have certainly low Total T to begin with which makes my bio T terrible. My body just doesn't produce enough hormones. I'm so sick of trying to figure this crap out.

    TT=low, FT=Low, E=Low, LH=Low.....wtf, sounds hypopituitary?

    I had a RHEIN's panel done before the doc even considered clomid therapy...he's basing everything off this panel and my current labs.
  8. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    SERMs increase SHBG

    its a necessary evil when it comes to restoring your hormones

    its also protective against gyno.
  9. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    SERMs increase SHBG

    its a necessary evil when it comes to restoring your hormones

    its also protective against gyno.
    yea but not indefinitely right? So over time, the use of a SERM will make you hypogonadal from the reduction in available T?

    whatever is going on, I'm getting pissed off at this crap. DHEA isn't going to do jack sh*t. I took it a while back for the hell of it, and it didn't do ANYTHING.
  10. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i guess depending on how long you use it, the amount you use, and if you incorperate specific AIs or nutrients in your diet.
  11. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    so....try HRT? I mean what else is there...I guess I could screw around some more and try HCG mono.

    I mean I still feel
    -easily irritated and overanalyzing/stressing about things much more then when I was in high school, and my work load was way higher in high school.
    -much lower libido than when I was younger, although its still there.
    -joints, first my elbow, now my hips and shoulder bother me
  12. Advanced Member
    machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    35261
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    20.64%

    Mine was at 9 a couple months back so who knows what happens. It could be that you get most of conversion from androstenedione which may be low which will also cause your T to be low.



    DHEA will definitely raise E2 though, just make sure you buy the Biochem brand in the tiny capsules.
  13. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    I'm taking Cissus and Celadrin. My joints are really bothering me lately.
    Wobenzym'N
    Zyflamend
    Betaine-HCL w/pepsin

    ....
  14. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well, whatever it is, it makes most sense that everything is screwed up because the varicocele and low LH/FSH
  15. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    well, whatever it is, it makes most sense that everything is screwed up because the varicocele and low LH/FSH
    Wobenzym'N--------------------digestive enzymes, unusually compounded, fights inflamation
    Zyflamend----------------------anti---inflamatory herbs
    Betaine-HCL w/pepsin----------------digestive acid


    ,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Treat varicocele as separate project.
    Be happy if you could fix it it, learn to live with it if not.
    Wear tight briefs.
    ============================== ============
    Make sure that you have this numbers lined up, by hook or crook, do what it takes to get there.
    Say screw it to nay sayers.

    My own Goals
    DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)Ámol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
    Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
    Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
    Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
    Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
    BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need more than 1.5mg/week Anastrozole to control E2
    DHT(60-90)ng/dL (I am active when it gets over or under this range)
    RT3(0.12-0.32)nmol/L=(7.8-20.8)ng/dL
    TotalT3 in upper 1/3 range (June09 LEF magazine)
    FreeT3~400pg/dL or higher if TotalT3 goal not reached, but not higher than 450
    TotalT4>bottom of range
    FreeT4 rather low, do not know (yet) how low
    Oral temperature (36.25 - 36.80)C = (97.25 - 98.24)F (no sinus or oral infections)
    Ferritin(100-150)
    ###

    .
  16. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Wobenzym'N--------------------digestive enzymes, unusually compounded, fights inflamation
    Zyflamend----------------------anti---inflamatory herbs
    Betaine-HCL w/pepsin----------------digestive acid


    ,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Treat varicocele as separate project.
    Be happy if you could fix it it, learn to live with it if not.
    Wear tight briefs.
    ============================== ============
    Make sure that you have this numbers lined up, by hook or crook, do what it takes to get there.
    Say screw it to nay sayers.

    My own Goals
    DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)Ámol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
    Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
    Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
    Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
    Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
    BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need more than 1.5mg/week Anastrozole to control E2
    DHT(60-90)ng/dL (I am active when it gets over or under this range)
    RT3(0.12-0.32)nmol/L=(7.8-20.8)ng/dL
    TotalT3 in upper 1/3 range (June09 LEF magazine)
    FreeT3~400pg/dL or higher if TotalT3 goal not reached, but not higher than 450
    TotalT4>bottom of range
    FreeT4 rather low, do not know (yet) how low
    Oral temperature (36.25 - 36.80)C = (97.25 - 98.24)F (no sinus or oral infections)
    Ferritin(100-150)
    ###

    .
    Well, I'm going to search for my detailed panel, its somewhere around were...however, I do remember that,
    All the thyroids,
    T3, T4- both were excellent high numbers, top of the range.
    TSH - was 2.1 (little high, but its known to be up with varicocele patients)
    DHEA's were near the top, which is why I don't see the point in taking more
    DHT- was in range, but low end
    Oral Temp - 97
    E2 Ultra-sens - 6
    Total T's - always between 300's-500's
    Free T - always rock bottom
    SHBG - used to be around 15, now its 28
    I have not had ferritin or BA test.


    So, where you reffering to maintaining those limits while on TRT, or are you advising to reach those limits before trying TRT?

    Thanks for the advice on the anti-inflammatory herbs. Ill check them out, however I do believe that getting normal estrogen levels will help tremendously in restoring synovial fluids.


    Varicocele doesn't bother me at all, problem is I have low sperm count and low T....I don't know if its from the V or not. So, because I don't know, and neither do any doctors, I don't want to waste money, time, and risk on surgery.

    I think I have a combination of both secondary and primary.

    LH - was 1.4, its now 2.6 after clomid.
    FSH - can't remember, but very low...probably contributes to low sperm count.
    Sperm Count was 4million/ml. Terrible. Normal is like 120-300 or something like that.
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    I take 2,000iu of vitamin D, day plus tons of fish oil and small dosage of E.

    IGF-1 on tests a few months back was mid-range.

    Cortisol, a few months back was a little on the higher end.

    I really don't know why SHBG is increasing...yes its high, and I have certainly low Total T to begin with which makes my bio T terrible. My body just doesn't produce enough hormones. I'm so sick of trying to figure this crap out.

    TT=low, FT=Low, E=Low, LH=Low.....wtf, sounds hypopituitary?

    I had a RHEIN's panel done before the doc even considered clomid therapy...he's basing everything off this panel and my current labs.
    2000 ius of vitamin D is bare bottom I am at 10,000 at testing at 70 you are probably barely breaking 30 if you are lucky. I have tested over 200 people and >80% are at <25 ngl/dl so 2,000 is doing nothing. It was found that thyroid signaling needs at >50-60 ng/dl to proper function.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    911
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    74.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    2000 ius of vitamin D is bare bottom I am at 10,000 at testing at 70 you are probably barely breaking 30 if you are lucky. I have tested over 200 people and >80% are at <25 ngl/dl so 2,000 is doing nothing. It was found that thyroid signaling needs at >50-60 ng/dl to proper function.
    do you not think its lack of sunlight from people being inside all day? I'm outside a ton. I've heard lack of sunlight significantly lowers available vitamin D in your body.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. hcg and estradiol
    By maguire in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
  2. Low Estradiol...
    By dust34 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 03:31 AM
  3. my estradiol is up
    By namtrag in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in