New Opinion?

D

dynochrome

Awards
Hello members!
I am 48 in great physical shape & started HRT 1 year ago. I Had a level of about 275. I started with androgel, tested after 6 weeks and my levels went down!. My (family)doc said I may not respond to epidermal so I started injections of 100mg Test C every other week on Friday. Usually about 10 days later I would be depressed and feel like crap. I asked the doc to retest me the Thursday before I got my shot.
My level was 190. The doctor wasn't concerned about this (I am) and put me on 50 mg weekly instead. It doesn't seem right and I feel like what's the use in doing injections and all the hassle just to have low levels anyway. I don't feel my doc has a tons of experience with this and is possibly being too careful. Should I go somewhere else?
I just have never heard of such a low dose for HRT on here.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello members!
I am 48 in great physical shape & started HRT 1 year ago. I Had a level of about 275. I started with androgel, tested after 6 weeks and my levels went down!. My (family)doc said I may not respond to epidermal so I started injections of 100mg Test C every other week on Friday. Usually about 10 days later I would be depressed and feel like crap. I asked the doc to retest me the Thursday before I got my shot.
My level was 190. The doctor wasn't concerned about this (I am) and put me on 50 mg weekly instead. It doesn't seem right and I feel like what's the use in doing injections and all the hassle just to have low levels anyway. I don't feel my doc has a tons of experience with this and is possibly being too careful. Should I go somewhere else?
I just have never heard of such a low dose for HRT on here.
You were given just enough T to send a negative feed back loop to turn your own off. You need 10 grams in order to get any clincal response from t gels. We start people at 10 grams to avoid this and then retest in 2 weeks to see if they are absorbing. Before application of T gel hypothyroid and cortisol imbalances are ruled out or treated inorder for gel to be absorbed.
50 mgs a weeks of Testosterone is why too low. Standard protocol is 100-120 mgs a week. I would go some where else. If you are in the north east or willing to travel PM me for a Dr who takes many PPO insurance which many do not.

D

dynochrome

Awards
Thanks for that. I will talk to the doc,if he is resistant I will see someone else. I just couldn't believe he thought 179 was an OK level.

D

dynochrome

Awards
I talked to my doc and he said "I talked to our clinical pharmacist and this is the most we've ever given or feel comfortable giving (50mg wk). Even though my levels are 179.
Every Endocrinologist that is my PPO around here does thyroid,diabetes etc but no HRT.
The front desk people I asked if they provide HRT acted like I was asking for a bag of weed or something.
Wow I didn't think this would be such a problem,I have read of a lot of people on HRT forums that receive 100-150 mg wk that are much younger than I. It bites to stick yourself with a needle and not improve things. I can't travel outside this area so I must find plan B.

D

dynochrome

Awards
Eastern Iowa. I am being referred to a endocrinologist.Hmm. I am afraid She will say the same as my doc.He sure made it sound like 100mg a week was a LOT. I wonder what the consensus of most Doctors would be? Or a way I could check her attitude toward HRT before I spend more money going nowhere but bummed and money wasted. This has been going on a year and I want to get it resolved. I really felt great the first few days @ 100mg even if I was ODing lol.

D

dynochrome

Awards
I saw a new Endocrinologist . Has put me on 100mg /wk. Test results after a month (I usually inject on monday afternoon, and took the test the following monday 10:00 Am before my injection)
TSH:2.46
Free t4 .9
Test 367
Do I still need more? I wonder if this doc will say "you're in normal levels" How do I convince him to at least get me in the middle?

Last edited:
S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Eastern Iowa. I am being referred to a endocrinologist.Hmm. I am afraid She will say the same as my doc.He sure made it sound like 100mg a week was a LOT. I wonder what the consensus of most Doctors would be? Or a way I could check her attitude toward HRT before I spend more money going nowhere but bummed and money wasted. This has been going on a year and I want to get it resolved. I really felt great the first few days @ 100mg even if I was ODing lol.
the only thing I have ever seen an endo cure anyone of is having money.......

I am not sure why but it is almost as if it is their job to keep people sick